Now flying as FalconAM.

~~~The Unforgiven~~~

VAW-116 "Sunkings"

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Leaving
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 07:41:34 AM »
Sad to see you go TwinBoom, especially over something like this. I hope you can get it work out and come back.

Its always been a pleasure flying against or with you as wing.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Leaving
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 09:40:56 AM »
if you dont like 200 de-tune it, otherwise put on your big boy pants and join the party :aok

storch

Leaving
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007, 10:16:16 AM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
My squad does not "abuse" chat report...though it was my understanding that one time when i was on and being fed vulgarities on ch 200...as well as private vox we did get twinboom reported...this was several months ago...

after being accused of "abusing" chat report by twinboom and storch i called dale or skuzzy and asked how the system works and to make sure the Birds of Prey were not using their numbers in an unfair manner.  From my conversations with them I fully understand how the system could be abused...and i spoke with my squaddies so as to avoid any perception of doing so...

I was also told in no uncertain terms that if a squad was felt to be abusing the system after review of the logs...that THE WHOLE SQUAD would lose vox privileges for periods of time....

The bottom line is if you report someone (establishing a log) of poor conduct...the log better damn well back you up...I personally have a very low tolerance of idiots who insist on abusing ch 200 or treating it like a personal chat room to bully and insult people...i wish moderators were on more to shut down these guys BEFORE a report gets sent...i also wish you would have to "accept" private vox and p.m.'s across countries to avoid "secret" harrassment.

That being said...it would be a shame if Twinboom or others like him leave the game over this...I know he is an important person/friend to many in the community and hope he reconsiders...I know he doesn't care for me...but time has a way of sorting those things out...:(
well it must have worked facl because on two pervious ocassions where I had verbal run ins with the BoPs I found myself squelched for one week, twice.  I know your squad is populated with adolescents and that is probably part of the problem.  ever since you had your talk with them all they do is send me endless .S storch messages.  I have no doubt that it was your squad and I thank you for curbing that unnecessary behavior on their part.

Offline -SR-

• Copper Member
Leaving
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2007, 01:45:23 PM »
leave 200 as is. Plan for childish behavior sometimes. Ignore it or squelch it. You have to give the other person permission to tick you off. Get above it.Enjoy the game on your terms. I expect to see you up when your addiction to AH sets back in.

Good luck.

-SR-:aok

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Leaving
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2007, 06:24:25 PM »
Originally posted by TwinBoom
ty having some issuse`s with chat report feature we`ll see
S! Frenchy

yesterday, i was lucky to shot you down,  shortly after some guys on range asked me:  --Who was that SpitxiV?
i told them, -- was  TB, watch the whinnes on ch.200,
 and i was right, cuz soon after you called me: "puke dweeb", but i was not surprised, cuz, i know you for 4-5 years, mostly same reaction,But soon after you told Joker "eatmychit", with "S", ]
, Now, don't take me wrong, i don't hate you!, I realy enjoy fighting agaist you, and most of Satan's Angels ,even if mostly you nail, me, cuz is chalanging,, you fight well, no lick no offence,  I didn't report you , cuz this crap in normal on ch.200, and belive me or not, i don't know how to report,
  but, watch yourself in the mirror, just 1 min, and think! How many guys react like that , after you shoot them down?!  i pay 15$, for fun same like you, why should we take all that dirt ?!  "this is a game",
  I don't know if this mutted crap, started after, that event, but imop, this game is very soft for that kind of talk, Any other game, chatrooms, would perma-kick you out, not just mute for few hours,
 Are lot of kids online, and this game is not rated "R",

Relax, get your P38 and join the party! We all have cloudy days!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2007, 06:40:47 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
But soon after you told Joker "eatmychit"

Gee, who would take offense at that? :confused:

Offline StewyS

• Zinc Member
Leaving
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2007, 10:21:12 PM »
Twinboom,

As much as I wish you would stay TB, the other half of me says who needs 'em. Go get your life back and persue other hobbies. The reason why most people wont quit is because of the friendships that are made, but friends are gained and lost everyday. I figured out the easiest way to quit is don't pay 'em.

STEWYS

P.S- You made me hate P38's

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2007, 11:28:23 PM »
when the report system first started i didnt know what it did so i reported myself 3 or 4 times and then reported jaxxo just to make sure.

nothing happened

:confused:
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 12:12:01 AM »
There's a magic number, and I think it has to come from different players. I don't think you get chatpwnd if you report yourself 5 or 10 times, but feel free to try it and let me know how that works. ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Leaving
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 12:35:12 AM »
Chanell 200 has a purpose and I find it fun at times to chat with someone who you just had a fight with win or lose, or just some light verbal jabbing.... Nothing vulgar or rude all just in good fun..

I do at times find that members take things WAY too far about getting shot down, killed ho'd whatever...

Hey its a game and your supposed to have fun relax enjoy and dont take this so seriously...

TwinBoom I do not know you and have no insight (other than this thread) as to why this happend....

If using your VOX and text PRIVLEDGES is so important to you that you cant fly without them then take a break to reflect... come back when the sanction has ended and enjoy the game again..

Not to be rude or anything but this sounds an awful lot like "I'm taking my marbles and going home ".

Just take some time and reflect on what may have been the cause of this "sanction" and to decide if this (IMO Minor) sanction is worth quitting the game over....

If you decide it is no longer worth it to you to play I bid you a hearty <> and if you decide after reflection to return to the game see ya in the cartoon skies..

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Leaving
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 02:12:51 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
when the report system first started i didnt know what it did so i reported myself 3 or 4 times and then reported jaxxo just to make sure.

nothing happened

:confused:

I report Jaxxo at least 3 times a night.  He doesn't say anyything worth reporting, I just want Skuzzy to keep an eye on him.

:D :aok

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Leaving
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 06:12:59 AM »
I have never had ch 200 tuned, I dont care what the other countrys have to say about the way I kilt em. DETUNE 200, is my best free advice. And remember free advice, is worth exactly what ya paid for it.:confused:
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Leaving
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 10:07:30 AM »
Originally posted by storch
well it must have worked facl because on two pervious ocassions where I had verbal run ins with the BoPs I found myself squelched for one week, twice.  I know your squad is populated with adolescents and that is probably part of the problem.  ever since you had your talk with them all they do is send me endless .S storch messages.  I have no doubt that it was your squad and I thank you for curbing that unnecessary behavior on their part.

I knew you would swallow that hook Storchie!  We only have two in our squad who are under 18 and most are in the 30-60 range.  I've never seen what you described except the time you did kill me and I saluted you in mid or early war long long ago and it was meant with respect for a job well done and it was a single salute and you did not respond.  I know there was a person I saw in a copycat bop squad sending endless salutes to somebody (it definately wasn't you) and he caught a lot of heat from us true BOPS that were on for it, but it was months ago.  The thing is that for the last six months you have been poking us in the eye in the message bases screaming that the BOPs cheat because they have multiple wings and we ruined the game and just about everything else that happens in Aces High that you don't like.  One thing that is a sure bet is that  if there is a thread in the message bases and a bop is there, you'll launch into a frenzy about us.  Are you really that jealous of us?  Inquiring minds wanna know.  Just joking, we really don't frigging care.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
Leaving
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 11:56:16 AM »
Originally posted by ColKLink
I have never had ch 200 tuned, I dont care what the other countrys have to say about the way I kilt em. DETUNE 200, is my best free advice. And remember free advice, is worth exactly what ya paid for it.:confused:

You don't know what you're missing. 200 is a better source of entertainment than tv.;)