Author Topic: Why does T34 can't shoot a Tiger anymore  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Why does T34 can't shoot a Tiger anymore
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 12:29:05 PM »
Really? Because I sat there for over an hour once firing the entire ammo load of a T-34 point blank directly into the engine compartment of the offline drone.

I ran out of ammo before he ever started smoking.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 12:29:42 PM »
want film?

Edit:
Krusty you have a PM.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 12:34:03 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 12:39:57 PM »
The way you describe it, I wonder if that's a glitch or a bug, rather than a modeled weak point. No film necessary, I'll take your words on it.

I seem to recall that the rear armor was the weakest of all except the top. Firing 70+ AP rounds point-blank at a 90-degree angle won't smoke the engine (let alone kill the vehicle itself), nor will any amount of rounds fired at the turret-body gap (the sweet spot for panzers to aim for, they can kill if they hit this spot).

So I can only say "through extensive testing the T-34 cannon does diddley squat, in my opinion."

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »
It seems we have a problem so.................
Lets get rid of ALL the gv's:D

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 12:49:06 PM »
They really don't fit in this game, Bucky. This is a flight sim, and the GVs are just clever adaptation to flight code. I honestly wouldn't mind if we had no GVs at all.

But that's just me.

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 12:51:47 PM »
I Agree Sir:aok

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 12:53:47 PM »
Lets not start this please.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 01:17:03 PM »
but also you have to concider that the Tiger was not moving, and when a player hears that thump, hes going to look and hes going to move.

it took a minute to kill the offline Tiger..... in game, who knows unless hes in TT and completely unaware

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 01:21:33 PM »
Originally posted by JB35
but also you have to concider that the Tiger was not moving, and when a player hears that thump, hes going to look and hes going to move.

it took a minute to kill the offline Tiger..... in game, who knows unless hes in TT and completely unaware

JB35 your avatar is oddly hypnotic...

Back on topic, though, you're right. Unless you're 50 yards from a parked tigr, firing point blank into it 7 times in a very tiny spot (that might even be a bug, who knows?) which might take 15 seconds per shot.... So unless you've got some AFKer you won't even damage him.

I still say you're not going to get any kills in a T-34. Chances are you stole the kill from a panzer or a jabo :P

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 02:38:10 PM »
T-34/85 should have been the one added.  It is good for 1943 to the end of the war (or to the present if you are North Korea  ;)) and would have been competitive with the Panzer IV H and able to dent a Tiger is used skillfully.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2007, 03:07:05 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
JB35 your avatar is oddly hypnotic...

ty won second place in the Avatar contest here on the BBS....  kinda reminds me of SHawk when hes all Giddy when he lands his kills in his C-Hog  :rofl

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 11:04:36 PM »
The AH T-34 is modeled as useless against a Tiger in the game, but it is not impossible to disable and kill a Tiger.  Try this offline: pull up to within a few dozen feet of the Tiger and make sure you are exactly 90 degrees to its side.  Fire at the little plus sign (sorry, I forget what that symbol is called, kind of a modern Iron Cross).  About 8 AP hits will blow up the Tiger.  You can also take out the turret with one or two hits on that ring between the hull and the turret, but I am not sure what part of the ring is sensitive- I've done it once, but couldn't reproduce it.  Online, however, these techniques are useless unless the Tiger driver is out to lunch or fallen asleep.  While I have killed Tigers online with my T-34, it is always a Tiger that was previously damaged by someone else who then conviently died before I hit the Tiger.

Killing another T-34 with a T-34 is easy, even online, because of a bug in AH.  Hit the exact junction between the top sloped front armor (glacis?) and the bottom sloped armor.  In the real T-34 this junction is an enormously thick casting that is unlikely to be penetrated.  In AH, however, I suspect it is modeled as the same thickness as the rest of the armor, but it is at 90 degrees instead of a glancing angle, so easier to penetrate.  At medium to short ranges a single hit there with AP usually blows up the T-34.  Again, you want to be at close to 90 degrees, i.e. the target is pointed directly at you.

Finally, although not relevant to this thread, killing a Panzer from a T-34 is easy: aim for the turret and make sure to hit it at 90 degrees (which, because it is about circular, means hit the center).  Even relatively long range hits will take out the Panzer with one shot (or at least take out his turret).

Offline Bunyip

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 08:08:04 AM »
try using ap

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 08:16:34 AM »
Originally posted by 715
 Fire at the little plus sign (sorry, I forget what that symbol is called, kind of a modern Iron Cross).

You can still call it Iron Cross, because it's just a stylised version. If you want to be exact, you may call it "Balkenkreuz".
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman