Author Topic: Arena Closed  (Read 447 times)

Offline Ductape

• Copper Member
      • http://www.planetductape.com
Arena Closed
« on: March 23, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Can someone tell me why, when I can not get into any particular arena because there are "too many" people there, when I come back, there are MORE people than where there to begin with when I tried getting in?
What I mean is....say arena cap is 320 and there are 320 peeps in. I try to get in and get message "too many people in arena, select another arena". So I go to different arena for short time, come back and there are NOW 325 people in arena that was too full at 320?
This makes NO SENSE to me.....especially when I have squadies in that arena which is ONLY reason I am trying to get into THAT PARTICULLAR ARENA in the first place.
~The pilot that flies alone, dies alone~

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Arena Closed
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »
Dynamic arena caps. While you were in one arena, the max cap on the other increased in size so more people could get in. Then the max cap was decreased for whatever reason while those extra people were in there. The game doesn't (or rather, isn't SUPPOSED to) boot them in that case.

Happens all the time with the two Late War arenas when there's a reset in one of the two.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Arena Closed
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 10:43:54 PM »
What Sax said. 90% of the time when I can't get in one arena, I log in to another, log back out, and can get in the previously full arena immediately.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Ductape

• Copper Member
Arena Closed
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 02:44:35 AM »
Can some one tell me why, my previously "confirmed"and "Viewed" (I saw it was posted) post is no longer here about this?
I mention "God Mode" and the post does not exist??
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 02:58:58 AM by Ductape »

Offline Ductape

• Copper Member
Arena Closed
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 03:07:48 AM »
Funny.....Not really, but I try to post again about this, and only SOME of it posts. I feel I am being censored.....not told about it, as neither are anyone viewing this forum, and I STILL do not understand why.
All I want to do is get into an arena my squadies are in, but since it is full I am not allowed to, but yet, a few are allowed to get in. ....Thus the 320/320 arena is full message. YET.......15 seconds later there are 322/320 and the arena is STILL full.
Whats up with THAT....>AND< my posts about this "phenomenon" DON'T Exist after I see that they are posted........but come back later and they "dont"???

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Arena Closed
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 03:21:03 AM »
If you enter in "pre-log screen" and see say 319/320 you can log in arena, no matter how many ppl actually there. I mean, numbers dont refreash until you leave screen in one way or another. If 10 ppl see 319/320 numbers all of them can log in, and numbers will 329/320.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Ductape

• Copper Member
Arena Closed
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 09:20:02 AM »
Ok Oleg....
Thanks.....
NOW THAT makes sense to me.
Thank you.

:aok