Author Topic: AH Trainers  (Read 416 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
AH Trainers
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:16:41 PM »
What do trainers do exactly?  I might be interested in helping out.
Are there specific requirements and criteria, or is it a case per case training for each player that asks for help?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
Trainers....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 02:50:50 AM »
Just my opinion, but I think Trainers:

Interface and communicate with people of all ages, ethnicity, cultures, education and languages, and meld them into the complex Aces High Community, taking an individual from basic Aces High stick and mouse set-ups, through Basic Flight Manuvers and advanced Air Combat Manuvering, to sophisticated Situational Awareness skills.

All of Aces High Trainers are volunteers, and, they volunteer their personal time Worldwide.

There is much more to becoming an Aces High Trainer....but, you can start by volunteering your own personal time in the Training Arena helping new folks get off of the ground.

Again, this is just my opinion.

A big to all of our Aces High Trainers.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Wizkid

• Zinc Member
Re: Trainers....
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 02:59:44 AM »
Originally posted by Patches1
.....Trainers:

Interface and communicate with people of all ages, ethnicity, cultures, education and languages, and meld them into the complex Aces High Community, taking an individual from basic Aces High stick and mouse set-ups, through Basic Flight Manuvers and advanced Air Combat Manuvering, to sophisticated Situational Awareness skills.

A big to all of our Aces High Trainers.

Very well formulated Patches1.
Congrats! ;)

Regards Wizkid
(former =wiz== Trainer at WarBirds)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
AH Trainers
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 07:35:10 AM »
Welcome to the dark side wizkid!

Well said patch's. About all I can really add to that is that its a team effort.

The average new player will often start with a session or 2 with me. At some point move up to schatzi or Ren for some mid level manuvers & energy work. Perhaps have a session or 2 with TC learning about F4u's or Silat for P38s. And end up with Widewing, murdr, etc for advanced ACM. Its a LONG journey for most people. And virtually no one makes it without help from someplace.

Out of all the many many people who fly in AH, there are 12 trainers.

However vets who have patience, a firm but gentle tone, and time to spend are always encouraged to help out. Just take it in small steps at first. Come check us out, spend a week flying & talking with the regulars. See how it goes, see what you have to offer that we need.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
AH Trainers
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 01:47:40 PM »
Thanks Ghosth, I'll come by and see.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Wizkid

• Zinc Member
Well, I just might come by
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 02:15:18 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Welcome to the dark side wizkid!

.....Come check us out, spend a week flying & talking with the regulars. See how it goes, see what you have to offer that we need.....

Offer? Not very much so far besides my RL-flying experience, I believe. I am not too familiar with all the angles and glitches of AH yet.
We, the WB- 475FG*Satans Angels* came over to AH just a few months ago, as you probably noticed. I did not find much time to fly myself, however, I would be highly interested to see and watch how you people are doing (in the TA). But mind you, I am living in a different timezone (CEST+6 = EST), that is Germany. So your prime time is in the middle of my night. I am still aiming to join the squadron during the FSO times, which amounts to 11 PM EST + 6 = 5 in the morning  :)

I will think it over and maybe request an appointment in the TA after Easter Holidays.

Regards

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
AH Trainers
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 04:00:06 PM »
I would add that many people offer help to others in the TA, the DA, and the MA. Helping others learn the game is not limited to the trainers. In fact, it should be the goal of everybody who wants to see the game flourish.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)