Author Topic: AMD X2, Vista and Dual Core Optimisation Patch  (Read 206 times)

Offline JOBE

• Zinc Member
AMD X2, Vista and Dual Core Optimisation Patch
« on: May 26, 2007, 01:09:20 PM »
I'm considering buying a system with an AMD X2 6000+ cpu, 8800 GTX card and Vista.

I understand, from reading replies to previous threads, that the problems with spinning clipboards etc can be solved by using the AMD dual core optimisation patch. However, these users seemed to all be using XP. I've also been told that this patch doesn't work in Vista, and that I would have to run AH in XP mode.

Do AMD X2 users using Vista need to use the optimisation patch? If I still need this patch, and it doesn't work in Vista, would I have to run every game in XP mode in order to get the benefit of the patch?

I'm thoroughly confused, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

<> JOBE.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:19:29 AM »
Jobe I'm in the same boat. I'm considering buying a system running vista this weekend. I hope somebody answers your post in the meantime do a search in this forum on vista, that may help.

Off to do the same.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »
Isn't it a lot easyer just to NOT run Vista?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 12:53:08 PM »
Isn't Vista supposed to be written to make use of multiple-cores so that the patches aren't needed? Whether AMD or Intel?
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd