Author Topic: Next Scenario Co's wanted.. not Pearl  (Read 7301 times)

Offline leitwolf

• Nickel Member
Next Scenario Co's wanted.. not Pearl
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 07:07:34 AM »
Originally posted by Newman
[..]
CO's are still wanted. Are you up for it Leitwolf?
[..]

No, there are P-38s in this one.. a non-flying seat won't do this time :)
Just asking because the scenario withdrawal syndromes set in :cry
veni, vidi, vulchi.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2007, 10:04:41 AM »
Ill put my hat in the ring, I ran CO of the allies in the beta test for pearl due to the fact that the real CO never showed but If no one else will do this one ill step up and do it sounds like a good way to really get my feet wet with the CM team any who!:aok

Although I would much prefer the XO position:aok
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2007, 04:46:57 PM »
You'd be the CO, not to be mistaken for "part of the CM team" -- those guys have server control access and can change settings etc. HTC picks them. COs can be whoever steps up for the job, though, and if you do I bet you'll have fun.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2007, 05:31:58 PM »
Husky01,

Krusty sez:
 "You'd be the CO, not to be mistaken for "part of the CM team" -- those guys have server control access and can change settings etc. HTC picks them. COs can be whoever steps up for the job, though, and if you do I bet you'll have fun."

Sometime in the future, though, you might want to try to join the CM Team, and a well done CO position in a scenario would look good on your resume.
Having flown as a Group Leader in a number of these events with CO's who insisted on lots of practice, I can tell you that the time demands get  high, but it is a very rewarding experience to see all the practice pay off in wins for the side you are flying for, be you CO, XO, GL, FL, or just one of the guys.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2007, 06:44:54 PM »
While there are CO's who stay on the ground and don't fly, there are CO's who do fly and command at the same time.

I have been a CO in about 5 scenarios, and I been a pilot also in every one of them.

It depends on how you set up your command structure and battle plans and upon your style of command.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Next Scenario Co's wanted.. not Pearl
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »
Originally posted by Newman
Yes.. Pearl is on hold while the Terrain Team are working out the bugs, bless them!

The Scenario Team has another, new Scenario that we are looking for a couple good Co's for.

This is a mid war, ETO Scenario that will run next. The map is tested, and the basic design is done.

Both sides will have multiple lives, and all aspects of AH will be used (Bombers, Ground Attack, Fighters in multiple roles, Fleets and Ground Vehicles).

If YOU think you have the strategic mind to bring the Axis, or Allies to victory, reply here :aok

SALUTE!

Newman

what map are you using? is it named :  pearl    ? or a different one.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2007, 07:25:48 PM »
It's the standard Italy terrain (which I think is called "italy_1").

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2007, 07:34:19 PM »
Speaking of slave driving CO's.....   :rofl
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline Newman

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 12:12:56 AM »
Originally posted by HB555
Speaking of slave driving CO's.....   :rofl

LOL! Been there.. Team Alpha kicked our ARSE in Coral Sea, both as Axis AND Allies after the side switch! You did your home work, and Team Zulu didn't.

There seems to be a good bit of interest in Allied Command Group. Any one willing to try the Axis? The design offers each side the chance for victory  :aok

SALUTE!

Newman
327th Steel Talons TFS CO (ret)
CM Scenario Team (ret)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2007, 09:56:54 AM »
I'm willing to help plan things and whatnot, but I just don't have any time at ALL these days. I got a taste of COing in BOB06. I'd like to CO more, I just can't. So I offer my "assistance/help/etc" for whomever wants to be CO.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2007, 04:56:34 PM »
Krusty I know if i did take the spot Id probably really need your help!:aok

Got a questions what happened if the CO missed a day due to something popping up or something happened in the middle of a frame where he has to leave?
 Overall I really want to try this sounds like a great opportunity Im just worried what if I miss a day or have to leave earlier cause somthin pops up.  Now being a CO would be new to me although I was a FL is previous scenarios (BoP).  So If I do this will the CM team and staff kinda walk me through the first part getting me going sorta thing?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 05:06:17 PM by Husky01 »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2007, 05:26:05 PM »
In my experience, the CMs didn't have much to do with it in terms of aiding command. If I were your XO, I could probably take over as long as I knew what you had in mind. That's one of the roles of XO; command in the absence of Command.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2007, 05:33:53 PM »
Ya I just got done reading a write up brooke had on CO's and stuff looks like a lot of work but man it sounds like so much fun its well worth it.

OOZ sounds good who knows mabey if I get the CO spot Ill be looking your way for a good XO:D
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Newman

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2007, 11:31:57 PM »
Part of being a good CO is having a Command Group that is involved in the planning, recruiting and executing of the plan your Command Group comes up with.

If you take it on and try to manage everything yourself as a CO, you'll likely miss a frame due to an Anurism...

SALUTE!

Newman
327th Steel Talons TFS CO (ret)
CM Scenario Team (ret)

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2007, 11:41:47 PM »
and having a teamspeak server will help tons
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered