Author Topic: Vets  (Read 5300 times)

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Vets
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 04:19:41 PM »
cherrypicking is the art of being the smarter pilot, yeh like turnfighting a zero in a 190 is considerd "noobish"

well some guys seem to think there is somthing wrong with escaping a bad situation, or picking on a guy because he has low E...I dont really care if you think its substanderd flying, because chances are....your ded........:aok
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline quintv

• Copper Member
Vets
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 04:29:22 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
"2) use all your friends as bait"

I hope he's on your side.

Remember... this advice is being given in the Help and Training Forum frequented by noobs.

While I don't disagree that his statements will keep you alive and even get you a few kills I do believe that if this is your only strategy you're doing yourself a dis-service in development of your acm skills.

I also don't believe that most vets fly like a weenie, even in disadvantaged aircraft.  I know that, for the most part, I don't.

Using your friends as bait - perhaps the wording is much for some people, but its pretty standard tactic, keep the guy fixated on one while the other swoops in and knocks it down. Now if hes not calling peoples 6 just for the oppurtunity, then hes salamander, otherwise thats how flying should be done.

What do you mean by flying like a weenie? Red all around and dropping flaps to get a shot on a single guy, blowing all your E and leaving yourself as meat on the table for the 5 Spits and N1Ks within 3.0,,,,is this flying with "balls"?

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
Vets
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 04:30:50 PM »
2) Use all of your friends as bait and soon enough youll have no friends.
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Vets
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 04:43:34 PM »
Originally posted by stephen
cherrypicking is the art of being the smarter pilot,

Bzzzzzzzt   wrong.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Vets
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Falc not to be confrontational.
But that coming from the CO of one of the largest/multi wing squads...

Well you know.... pot vs kettle  comes to mind.

:confused:

Bronk

i dont think you are being confrontational bud...

i know i dont do that but i dont know how others in my squad specifically fly...im more of a loner when i hunt......im an organizer and a mission leader.....BUT im not a good wingman...or at least i havent found someone who flies enough like i do...

and how i/we think we fly is not often how we are percieved...

i tend to think i am the other side of the equation (which takes a lot of criticism as well)...i tend to fly low, fast planes that others consider uber (la7/spit16/la5)...i do this because i think i'm basically ADHD and dont have the patience or discipline to grab or maintain alt...so its NOT because im great or noble....i just like quick fights...ill fly the early war planes but only when the furball is right off the base...takes too long to get to a fight and rtb otherwise....
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline KingSix

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Vets
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »
lets all try this: find what works for you, and to he** with every ones oppinion on how to do it. if my style matches yours, then fine, if not, fine. as far as how i fight, given time to get the alt id prefere a mid-high lvl fight with room to move, but im not afraid to drag you into the dirt or into a hangar if i have to. but, like i started out: find your best strategy, use it. find your best bird/gv and use it. with that said: lets all shut up and up something and kill each other. :)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Vets
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »
but lets not beat up kweassa for daring to fess up as to what the secret is to many pilot's success...the man speaks the truth

It's not the whole truth ... I never like it when some paint with a broad brush.

I take my FM2 into anything at any alt ... and I think I do a fairly well in it.

Phear the "MildCat" !!! :t
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Vets
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by quintv
Using your friends as bait - perhaps the wording is much for some people, but its pretty standard tactic, keep the guy fixated on one while the other swoops in and knocks it down. Now if hes not calling peoples 6 just for the oppurtunity, then hes salamander, otherwise thats how flying should be done.

Then maybe drag and bait would have been better wording.  It didn't come off that way though.

And yes, if drag and bait is what he meant then it's a very good tactic.  One I and my squad-mates use regularily.

What do you mean by flying like a weenie? Red all around and dropping flaps to get a shot on a single guy, blowing all your E and leaving yourself as meat on the table for the 5 Spits and N1Ks within 3.0,,,,is this flying with "balls"?

"Whenever you see a con at co-alt run"  Not the exact quote but close enough.  Sounds like weenie flying to me.

At this point I'll add that in SOME situations or in certain planes his comments are valid, but he generalizes it to make it seem as though it's the only smart thing to do in any circumstance and that all vets use these tactics when in inferior planes.

I like to keep a moderate K/S and K/D up, but only to a degree.  

I delight in diving into a me on many (again, depending on what I'm flying but this also includes many "inferior aircraft").  I've come out of more me on threes successfully than I can remember and a few me on fours.  I'll dive into a me on 10+ just for the pure adrenaline rush knowing I won't get out but if I stay alive for a while and get a couple of kills along the way then I know that I can likely exit the next me on two or three successfully.  It's a great way to develop and maintain your ACM and SA skills and it can be a lot of fun.

I find no greater pleasure or satisfaction in the game than dispatching 2-3 enemys in a one on two or three and when I do exit one of these my heart is usually pounding and I'm shaking like a leaf.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Vets
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 05:29:52 PM »
Originally posted by KingSix
but im not afraid to drag you into the dirt or into a hangar if i have to.

but, I bet you afraid to come out from behind them shades ya wearing

Originally posted by FALCONWING

and how i/we think we fly is not often how we are percieved...

this is a very good assessment that we all should consider

SkyRock<---owns Dreaming that he owns!

:D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Vets
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 06:05:22 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
some people are in denial....

yes yes..i know skyrock  like to furball... do a nice job but  dont have the l33t status that others occupy and  dont rank high in scores...there is nothing wrong with that style of flying either..

:rofl I am the l333test of them all, brother!  I own!  I am ranked in the top ten in fighters and I fly on the deck and fight multiples!  I know of noone in the game can beat me 6 out of 10 times in duels and I mean noone!  (If you don't "DA" then don't respond to this!) I wouldn't talk this kind of talk unless I had been in the trenches and proven it!  It is a fact that I am l33t!!!!!!!:aok

:noid

PS: this fact can only be proven if I am sober!  :D

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline KingSix

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Vets
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
but, I bet you afraid to come out from behind them shades ya wearing

rofl man, im not afraid to charge head long into anything, the consequences be dam*ed. death or life, from where i sit if i screw your bird up bad enough where you cant make it back to base or finish your objective then all the better. what shades do you speak of? the rose colored glasses of ignorance mabey? id just as soon charge a large formation of 17's or chase a 262 with a pony. if i think i can even get a single shot off im going for it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Vets
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 06:57:52 PM »
Originally posted by KingSix
what shades do you speak of?  

is a jab at you not being a valid gameid is all.....( online anyways )

and only 5 posts ( 2 of em in this thread no less )

so, what is your gameid? ah nevermind...already figured it out

lemming   :D

hmm, need to edit that gameid   lemingJR

since you just became a member of the BBS today ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 07:02:39 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline KingSix

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Vets
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 07:12:38 PM »
actually, my game id, if you MUST know is King06 tyvm. i just figured id change the 06 to a written Six for the BBS.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Vets
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 07:57:39 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Vets
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 07:25:02 PM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 07:57:53 PM by Skuzzy »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"