Author Topic: TA Rules of Engagment  (Read 273 times)

Offline Tsnow

• Zinc Member
TA Rules of Engagment
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:02:33 PM »
Why do pilots think the TA is there own personal shooting gallery?

Every two seconds some clown slides up on my tail,
tosses a quick check six and then open fires.
I know there is no damage in the TA so he can't be hurting my
plane but it is a major distraction. I assume the rules were put
in to discourage this, and allow inexperienced pilots
like myself a calm place to learn.
I'll fight anyone in the TA  lets get some seperation and merge.
But If I want to be in a fight with someone and have someone
else cherry picking me, I'll go to the MA.
I'm sorry I'm complaing here. I'm just tired of being a
target.
The trainers do a great job when they are there, but they aren't
always on.

I am not a great pilot, or even a good pilot. Someday I hope to be
a good pilot, but for now I suck. So I fly in the TA.
Please ask and await a response before engaging.

Tsnow

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
TA Rules of Engagment
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:26:40 PM »
TSnow,

You are correct on your interpretation of why the rules are there and what they mean. Not everybody in the TA is there to shot or be shot at. There are a lot of other things to learn and practice and the TA is there to offer a place not only to practice, but also to ask questions of the many people (not just trainers) who give up some of their time to help out in there. Having bullet strikes while concentrating on something else detracts from the learning environment.

To engage another player requires permission, not just a statement of intent (i.e. the Check Six). The common method for getting permission is for one player to send a check six and for the other player to send one back as an acknowledgement and permission. Until permission is recieved, either as a return Check Six or as some other form of permission, engaging is in violation of the rules.

If you are engaged by someone without permission, point out (politely... did you understand what the rules meant the first time you flew?) how it's supposed to work and ask them to stop. If that doesn't work, look for a trainer. Problems don't continue for long if a trainer gets involved. Of course, trainers don't have 24 hour coverage in the TA, so you can film and send it in or just mention to one of us when you do see us who the problem was. We will keep a close eye on perceived trouble-makers and help them to learn the right way.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
TA Rules of Engagment
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 02:36:12 PM »
you know what would be funny?  Not that I'd suggest anyone waste time coding it but it'd be worth a chortle from time to time.

Provide the option for a dot command that allows 'x' user to fire on you.  If a player is not on that list and they fire on you their plane immediately acts like it's tail is shot off so they can slowly spin to the ground while you get to watch.  

Not that it would do a lot of good for people who either can't read the rules or think they don't apply to them but it would be funny to watch.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute