Author Topic: Nose Art / insignia size?  (Read 238 times)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Nose Art / insignia size?
« on: March 30, 2007, 12:49:33 PM »
I'm fixing the nose art for my CO & I have no idea on how to resize the image to the size of 64 x 64 pixels?
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Nose Art / insignia size?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 02:46:57 PM »
In some art programs there is a resize, stretch/shrink option.
However, there is no guarentee it will look good once its shrunk.
The last statement is based on the primitive, and free, art/paint programs I've used.
If you use Photoshop or something more advanced like that it might look better.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Nose Art / insignia size?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:39:02 PM »
Originally posted by RATTFINK
I'm fixing the nose art for my CO & I have no idea on how to resize the image to the size of 64 x 64 pixels?

What graphics program are you using?

If it's Photoshop or Paintshop Pro you need to use the re-size option probably located under image in the top menu.  Check pixel size and maintain aspect ratio.  Set the largest side (width or height) to the desired size then hit OK.

If the aspect ratio isn't one to one to begin with you'll need to create a transparency for the balance.  The color for the transparency is located in the help files above.

If you don't have a graphics editor you can download Irfanview free at downloads.com.  It's got an easy to use re-size option but, if I'm not mistaken, you'll still have to use another program to create the transparancy if needed.

Depending on the starting size of your graphic and the level of detail it still may not come out how you want as it will pixilate as you reduce size, therefore, at 64x64 it has to be a pretty simple graphic to look good.  You only have 4096 pixels to work with.

Hope that helps.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.