Author Topic: 375thFS 361stFG P-51D "LOU IV" finished  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
375thFS 361stFG P-51D "LOU IV" finished
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 09:20:13 PM »
ok heres the final final version updated with everything new LOUIV art,  p51d-5 canopy handle, new crew chief pilot plaque, athelene colors changed, more weathering, bare metal gun panels, more refinements, etc etc etc. :D
submitting it now and going out of state for easter :) cheers!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:22:38 PM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 09:31:25 PM »
Fester, that is nothing less than extraordinary.

The best skin I have ever seen.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 06:12:28 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
Fester, that is nothing less than extraordinary.

The best skin I have ever seen.

Seconded. :aok

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 08:03:09 AM »
Originally posted by Greebo
Seconded. :aok

Thirded, I will even fly a pony occasionaly now just to rock that skin.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 11:20:42 AM »
I can't wait to see Fester's skin for the B-25 or P-39...

He's set the new gold standard.

Now, HTC has select a lesser P-51D skin to remove (they're all lesser, except for his other P-51s).

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »
The one we have from that group is pretty bad. So is the 357th one. Wouldn't mind never seeing either one again.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2007, 11:56:45 AM »
Now, HTC has select a lesser P-51D skin to remove (they're all lesser, except for his other P-51s).

Ouch man. :( :p
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Fencer51
Ouch man. :( :p

No offense intended... If he did more P-38Gs, I'm sure mine would be out and I wouldn't mind one bit....  ;)

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2007, 12:45:05 PM »
No offense intended... If he did more P-38Gs, I'm sure mine would be out and I wouldn't mind one bit....  ;)

My regards,

Widewing

Cough...gasp....cough....P38G, 80th FS, 8th FG, "Corky Jr' flown by Corky Smith!.....cough.......gasp......co ugh:D
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2007, 07:58:15 AM »
I wouldn't go as far as saying a skin already in the game is bad.it was good at the time when it was done  its just that now the standard has got so high that what was good last year ,just can't keep up.

I am all for resubmitting old schemes with better ones and we all know fester citabra does some of the best skins especialy bare metal ones around.
  But no offence guys, calling a skin that some one spent ages doing and that got put in the game isn't that nice.

I look back at some of my early attempts that are in the game and think umm looking a bit battered now,things have progresed so much as we all learn new skills .But i know i would be offened if some one said it was bad,unless i agreed.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2007, 11:22:23 AM »
Originally posted by rogerdee
I wouldn't go as far as saying a skin already in the game is bad.it was good at the time when it was done  its just that now the standard has got so high that what was good last year ,just can't keep up.

I am all for resubmitting old schemes with better ones and we all know fester citabra does some of the best skins especialy bare metal ones around.
  But no offence guys, calling a skin that some one spent ages doing and that got put in the game isn't that nice.

I look back at some of my early attempts that are in the game and think umm looking a bit battered now,things have progresed so much as we all learn new skills .But i know i would be offened if some one said it was bad,unless i agreed.

I understand your point. I said "lesser", not "bad". I spent many hours doing Art Heiden's P-38J (from Art's photos), and I would hate to see it replaced, except by a much better skin. That would force me to go back and upgrade my skin. I would not be offended, just motivated. "A rising tide raises all of the boats".

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2007, 02:31:36 PM »
nah wide wing it wasnt a knock at you you didnt say bad.

and i know where you are coming from about the motavation.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2007, 09:17:43 PM »
Originally posted by Treize69
The one we have from that group is pretty bad. So is the 357th one. Wouldn't mind never seeing either one again.

The 357th "Croghan Cruiser/Waverly Democrat" is actually a post war scheme as it has the buzz numbers under the right wing.

wrngway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2007, 04:49:41 AM »

My regards,

Widewing

None taken, I was just making a funny. :eek: :aok

As I have said previously, if he wants to redo my accepted skins, he can have at it. He is better than I am for now. :)
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2007, 03:20:49 AM »
I wouldnt worry too much about skin bumping. My own theory is that they will bump either really badly made rehash skins that were skins from the origional p51 that are completely innacurate or done with such low detail and minimal color variation that would make them stand out against just about any more recent skin that has moderately good colors and details.

or they could go after the cloners. theres a few skins for some planes that could have 6 or 7 slots for the same skin thats been altered in ways that are not visible from the cockpit and just a bit of weathering or nose art is different. I don't see a problem with doing a clone here and there as long as its unique enough to stand apart from its origional especially if its for a plane with no skins and a single skinner is trying to add a lot of variety in markings with just one skin as a stopgap till more unique work can be done by the skinner to their existing work if they so desire or more skinners add more skins to the plane and eventually decrease the number of cloned skin repeats.

but i think its best as waffle said a while back to do 1 skin for a certain plane and move on. I think revisiting a plane and doing another skin for it or finishing a problem skin that had issues that relegated it to the scrap pile till being sorted out has good results in that it will make each skin done by a single skinner of higher quality than the previous skin for the same plane simply by the time between skins and other skinning projects between them as well.

anyways...

I am starting my b25 default skin research tomorrow with a trip to the Museum nearby (at the inlaws still hundreds of miles from home) which dosnt have a b25 but has a very good reference library hopefully containing some great plan views of the b25.

I have some pretty damn good b25 plan views with rivet and panel detail at home. but if anyone has some truely unique drawings of the b25 with good rivet and panel detail or even really good pics showing such detail please share by PM'ing me or posting in the custom skins forum :) like guppy said I love dtails and the more I can find about the origional plane the more I can accurately add to the skin :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 03:25:25 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013