Author Topic: Hit sprites  (Read 422 times)

Offline Keiler

• Copper Member
Hit sprites
« on: April 20, 2007, 09:41:36 AM »
Dont know if this came up before, but arent the hitsprites induced by MG bullets way to visible? Recalling original guncam footage the only stuff making hits visible are debris and dust?

Regards,
Matt

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Hit sprites
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
You definitely miss AH1 hit sprites :eek:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Hit sprites
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:59:26 AM »
If I remember right only cannon and incendiary rounds should make hit sprites.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Hit sprites
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 01:46:07 PM »
One of the Hellcat pilots on "Dogfights" made the comment that on a strafing run against a ship, the tracers would make a bright flash upon impact, and that whatever part of the ship he was spraying (bridge?) "lit up like a Christmas tree".

After hearing his remark, I kind of gathered that was the effect HTC was going for. Also, has anyone noticed a change in the tracers and hit sprites since the patch? Seems to me my large cannon rounds now only make small sprites outside of 400yds or so, whereas before they were far more noticeable.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Hit sprites
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 06:18:18 PM »
If there's one thing that remains ancient in this game, it's the hit sprites. The low resolution, bit-map 'white glob' we have for hit sprites has unchanged since the very first Aces High.

I mean come on, at least they can try to change it to a more cleaner, higher resolution, no?

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Hit sprites
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 09:11:02 PM »
Yup, time for updated effects.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Hit sprites
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 11:23:04 PM »
First off not every bullet was a tracer was it?  I thought only 1 of every 5 or so rounds was a tracer round?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
Hit sprites
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 08:25:48 AM »
yeh I blow up alot of dust around targets making them even more difficult to see.Just makes me sharper and a better shot is all.I got squint alot more though:huh
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Hit sprites
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 09:04:33 AM »
Originally posted by BaDkaRmA158Th
Yup, time for updated effects.

I agree.

http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203992

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Hit sprites
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
I've seen a lot of guncam footage of MG hits. They make bright flashes upon impact. I don't know if this is simple metal-on-metal action, of if it's because they were API rounds (which AH has, FYI), but that's similar to what they looked like historically. I say leave 'em!

I would appreciate if if they got upgraded, though.