Author Topic: Full throttle with WEP on, only go 5mph  (Read 805 times)

Offline sre2f

• Zinc Member
Full throttle with WEP on, only go 5mph
« on: April 03, 2007, 12:01:10 AM »
Regaurdless of plane, abot 30% of the time when I try to take off I can only get up to 5 to 10 mph. This is with full throttle and WEP on if the plane has it.

Other times, acceleration is ungodly slow, but still works. I.e, I can be in an f4u, and a lancaster beats me down the runway, all while im at full throttle. When I get off the ground, everything gets better but not as it should as far as acceleratoin is concerned.

Im running win xp, sp2. Nvidia 6500. I get 50fps...

I would think it is the brakes, but I have disabled every mapping of anything to do with brakes.

this also occurs on autotakeoff. Been happening since yesterday. Never had any problems before.

Thanks

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 12:26:33 AM »
Is your button/key for gear brakes somehow stuck on?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 12:37:10 AM »
Originally posted by moot
Is your button/key for gear brakes somehow stuck on?

Originally posted by sre2f
I would think it is the brakes, but I have disabled every mapping of anything to do with brakes.

I would make sure you've calibrated the controller both in Windows and Aces High. Do a search on the forums for it if you don't know how.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 12:52:58 AM »
Even with brakes locked, you'll still eventually roll down the runway and take off just fine.

EDIT: Don't forget: First calibrate in windows, THEN in aces high!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 02:30:54 AM »
He couldn't turn on WEP without being full throttle..
Unless he's got a real bug, it just sounds like he's got the gear brakes on.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline sre2f

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 10:25:48 AM »
Recall: I can turn on wep, therefore I am at full throttle. Therefore it can not be a calibration issue.

I have disabled every key mapping and stick mapping of anything having to do with the braking system.

If it was a sticky keyboard key, notepad would show it being pressed down all the time.

I have unmapped all my joystick keys to everything except secondary and primary guns.

Offline Nurminen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 10:35:51 AM »
when u calip your pedals , dont press toebrakes.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 11:11:01 AM »
What altitude field are we talking here? There's a bug that up at the 30k fields in the TA, this happens to all planes.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline sre2f

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »
all altitudes, even on the carriers.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 11:39:07 AM »
Just as a matter of curiosity, what manifold pressure and rpm is indicated when you are at full throttle?  Then again what does it indicate at WEP?  (Define aircraft type you are in as well please).

Sure sounds like  you aren't getting full throttle, except that WEP is working? Weird one thats for sure.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline nexus69

• Copper Member
      • http://www.708th.com
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 11:52:01 AM »
YOu must have your RPM set to low...  Hit the "+" key in the keypad several times while taking off and see if your speed increases.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »
Originally posted by nexus69
YOu must have your RPM set to low...  Hit the "+" key in the keypad several times while taking off and see if your speed increases.
On full throttle if you hit WEP RPM goes to the maximum setting while WEP is on, even if your RPM setting was on minimum to start with. Turn WEP off and RPM drops back to same setting as before WEP.

sre2f has made it clear that WEP comes on therefore throttle is 100% - seems perfectly clear. A demo for WEP in a Spit is set RPM at minimum then open throttle full - It will not give you much power. Switch in WEP and engine will roar into life!

It has to be brakes! - Nothing else left to slow the aircraft!

We all know that a fully loaded fighter 100% fuel and Max ordinance load out will have a major effect on the some fighters take off like the P47, but I found the F4u copes pretty well with a max loadout.

Proof of WEP is easy - sre2f only has to quote the boost on a Spit XVI with WEP applied, I can tell you if its on! Almost 12 normal full throttle, 18 with WEP - A massive increase! (Low level field at take off)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 01:27:09 PM by Blagard »

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 01:43:51 PM »
Originally posted by sre2f
Recall: I canIf it was a sticky keyboard key, notepad would show it being pressed down all the time.
Just remember the Space key is both brakes - what are you going to see in notepad ?:eek: Edit:Well I suppose you should see the curzer move! but not anything else.

Make sure you do not have something touching that key - I have done such things in the past at work like a file resting on the Ctl key giving you the impression weird goings on are happening! - That is until you spot the corner of the file on the key!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 01:51:36 PM by Blagard »

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »
do you have the conveyor belt set to full speed or coast?:p

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 04:56:03 PM »
The rest of you need to try taking off with the brakes on. They don't really hinder you at all.