Author Topic: 3 Ring Circus - Frame 1 Summary and Scores  (Read 455 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
3 Ring Circus - Frame 1 Summary and Scores
« on: April 01, 2007, 02:13:51 PM »
March 30th 1943

It seems the Allies were not prepared for the stiff opposition over France as the Luftwaffe dealt a tremendous blow to Allied Bombers and Attack Aircraft on Friday. The heaviest action took place over Rouen. RAF attack aircraft intercepted a train out side of the city while USAAF Liberators attacked Rouen leaving it in shambles. German and Vichy Radio is claiming the Allies
deliberately targeted the Civilians in Rouen. While the BBC Claims Rail Yards and the Industrial Buildings around Rouen were the main Target.

None the Less the USAAF lost 15 Liberators attacking the City and Germany has claimed to have captured countless of airmen. Meanwhile to the North 9 Flying Fortresses were shot down before they even could attack the Luftwaffe Airfield at St. Omer. In the South, The RAF lost 6 Mosquitoes and numerous Spitfires and Typhoons in an attack on the City of Caen and the Train near Rouen.

------

Frame 1 Scores -

ALLIED

985 Points

74 Kills

62 - Single Engine Fighters Destroyed
12 - Bf 110s (C/G) Destroyed

Rouen Train Destroyed
Rouen City Heavily Damaged
Caen Town Heavily Damaged
St Omer Airfield Not Damaged

AXIS

1510 Points

116 Kills

86 - Single Engine Fighters Destroyed
15 - B24s Destroyed
9 - B17s Destroyed
6 - Mosquitoes Destroyed

There has been a lot of discussion about the Alt Cap of Bombers. I personally feel that 23K is ok, but reading the suggestions here I have decided to lift it. Frame 2 and 3 will see the Bomber at Alt Cap of 28K.

Also, to curve some of the Numbers I want to Move the 56th FG to Allies. I had set out to give the Axis an advantage number wise, Frame 1 #'s are not what I envisioned. A few Allied squads were below there minimum numbers, which made the gap even larger.

Overall as a pilot on the Axis Side. I had a great time, tangled with some Spits and engaged the B24's, although they blasted my engine and I was forced to make an emergency landing. While on final a RAF Typhoon found me and chased me to the airfield, I made it to the Runway and right before I stopped moving I was dead! Not the way I wanted to end Frame 1, but still fun none the less.

Next Allied CIC: Damned SE
Next Axis CIC: 613th SOS Pariah

CIC Orders will be out tonight.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 05:23:06 PM »
There are two entries listed under the FSO log drop-box, one with "1" and one with "one".... is there any difference between the two?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »
None that I can tell besides the name.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 10:16:42 PM »
Was there any ALLIED penalty for no attack by T+60 for St Omer?  Or was it attacked by a lone Spit we didnt get to shoot down?

Thanks!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 07:02:35 AM »
The Squad assigned to that objective had low numbers and was destroyed before it could reach St Omer.

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:44:53 PM »
we killed 9 forts while you delt with the spits casper. It was why we were late to help you.

vlkyrie1 ;)