Author Topic: Round 4 Begins  (Read 2290 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 02:57:16 PM »
9T cant fight its way out of a paper bag once the cannons used up,all you have is that one led spitter. Ill take x2 50's and x4 .30's for backup, thanks.

Here here...

The Yak-9T is not a low altitude competitor.

But let's see... P-39 vs. A-26 below 10k. You pick the winner.

Quote from Wikipedia article on P-39 Airacobra.
_____________________________ _________

The tactical environment of the Eastern Front did not demand the extreme high-altitude operations that the RAF and USAAF employed with their big bombers. In the relatively low-altitude operations in the East, the lack of a turbocharger was not as great a handicap. The low-speed, low-altitude turning nature of most air combat on the Russian Front suited the P-39's strengths rather than its inherent weaknesses. The second-highest scoring Allied ace, Pokryshkin, flew the P-39 from late 1942 until the end of the war; his unofficial score in the Airacobra stands at nearly 60 Luftwaffe aircraft.

_____________________________ _________

Cheers:aok
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:15:38 PM by swareiam »
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 02:57:23 PM »
If gun jams were modeled the Oldsmobile 37mm would be a big negative.I have steered clear of speculating a winner,or what type would be chosen if it won the popular..if unpopular vote!My guess is the P39Q might be the choice "IF"it wins.The thing I dislike now,is the people that didn't get their foreign fighter in,will vote against the P39 out of spite,allowing a buff to win,because of the split vote.My opinion,the AH skies are dotted with enough buffs to satisfy my requirements.That being said,we will prolly end up with another buff.Fighter pilots close ranks.Don't alllow a buff to slip in,and win this popular vote.
ID

Offline Movie

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:42:19 PM by Movie »

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 04:20:10 PM »
This one's faster and carries more.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 04:25:15 PM »
Originally posted by IronDog
If gun jams were modeled the Oldsmobile 37mm would be a big negative.I have steered clear of speculating a winner,or what type would be chosen if it won the popular..if unpopular vote!My guess is the P39Q might be the choice "IF"it wins.The thing I dislike now,is the people that didn't get their foreign fighter in,will vote against the P39 out of spite,allowing a buff to win,because of the split vote.My opinion,the AH skies are dotted with enough buffs to satisfy my requirements.That being said,we will prolly end up with another buff.Fighter pilots close ranks.Don't alllow a buff to slip in,and win this popular vote.
ID

I'm not kidding, wasn't one of the nicknames for the P-39 - "Iron Dog"?
You should vote for your namesake!

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
I'd rather have a spud gun that actually works though.  It is your main armament.

Look up the muzzle velocity on the Oldsmobile 37mm in the P-39.  Then look up the muzzle velocity on the NS-37 37mm in the Yak-9T.

The Q model was the most widely built.  It had 4 X 50 cals with 1,000 rounds.  That should be plenty of guns and ammo.  It’s 37 mm should be good against buffs at point blank at least.

Offline Movie

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 04:34:45 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
This one's faster and carries more.

I've seen the specifications of the A-26 Invader and I can now say it has my respect.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »
I can't see the rationale for voting for a plane that will be a MA hanger queen just because it could occupy a scenario or EW/MW niche. Scenarios represent only a tiny fraction of the overall AH experience time-wise and appeal to a relatively small demographic of the player base. Both the P39 and B25 are completely outclassed in every way in the LW MA by many other aircraft, where 90% of the MA spends 90% of its time nowadays. No point in going thru the trouble of adding planes to the set that won't get flown, we have plenty of those already..

Of the remaining planes only the A26 would likely see meaningfull LW MA use past the 2 week novelty period.

Zazen
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 04:51:41 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline -SR-

• Copper Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »
Yup. Go Vaders Go!

-SR-:aok

Offline Movie

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 04:58:28 PM »
Perhaps the B-25 might win because of the Doolittle raid and people are going to want to launch B-25s off carriers, as they seen in movies or tv

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 05:12:44 PM »
Originally posted by Movie
Perhaps the B-25 might win because of the Doolittle raid and people are going to want to launch B-25s off carriers, as they seen in movies or tv

Quite possibly.  Or large number of the Ben Affleck fan club membership play the game.  Without CV-launch, B-25 (which were B-25B's) in LW will sit in the hangar.  Doesn't have the ord capability or speed to compete LW.  EW and SEA events would see it occasionally.  Don't think a 75mm armed B-25 would do all that well with ENY-5 planes in the air and Osties on the ground.

P-39 might compete in LW.  EW and MW and SEA events it will do well.

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007, 05:19:29 PM »
Yessir Oboe the P39's nickname was Iron Dog,and they mean't for it to be negative.Zazen I don't think the P39 would be a hangar queen.It is such a unique aircraft,that I believe it will see plenny of action.A26 is another A20 to me,and thankfully it hasn't been turned into a dog fiter,although some use it as such.My view of buffs is biased,and I won't deny that.Some butt hole knocking down fiter hangers right in the middle of a good furball has tainted my way of thinking when it comes to buffs.Dive bombing Lancs,ugh,I wouldn't care if another buff of any kind gets added.If a buff wins the vote,so be it.The old Iron Dog lasted a lot longer than I thought.
ID

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007, 05:29:44 PM »
Originally posted by IronDog
.Zazen I don't think the P39 would be a hangar queen.It is such a unique aircraft,that I believe it will see plenny of action.A26 is another A20 to me,and thankfully it hasn't been turned into a dog fiter,although some use it as such.My view of buffs is biased,and I won't deny that.Some butt hole knocking down fiter hangers right in the middle of a good furball has tainted my way of thinking when it comes to buffs.Dive bombing Lancs,ugh,I wouldn't care if another buff of any kind gets added.If a buff wins the vote,so be it.The old Iron Dog lasted a lot longer than I thought.
ID

Yea, that's why I would like A26 to win, would be a middle road plane that would get alot of the toolshedders trying to fight with it. In the end some of those toolshedders would morph into fighter pilots that might not otherwise...So, ultimately, less people taking down fighter hangers...

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 05:36:59 PM »
Alright...Having done my fair share of milkrunning and TS'ing...

IF the A-26 has the loadouts that have been listed, It will replace the 110G as the plane-of-choice for the base capture crowd.

If NOE 110's haven't made better pilots outta toolshedders, nothing will.

I think It will just bring more of the ts'ers back into the LW MA's.

They won't be able to use it in the EW/MW.

So, The LW's will become more crowded...

Leaving the EW/MW more deserted...

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by uberhun
It's Pete!:aok

That would be Petey, not Pete?  :D

A late model P-39 would be fun. A lot of good skinning options also.

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.