Author Topic: What do you see ingame?  (Read 1220 times)

Offline redneb

• Zinc Member
Darkness
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 01:52:59 PM »
I spend 99% of my game time in a GV, and the terrain is just too dark. It's really that simple.:rolleyes:

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »
Kazaa, those shots are beautiful. They belong in the screen shot forum.

I messed with my brightness a bit and was able to brighten everything up. I think it looks great. Especially when in a GV. At 10k, I could care less what the ground looks like. It's the other airplane that is my worry.

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
I am so confused.  People post screen shots to prove that it looks just great and on my monitor they are almost completely black.  Do some people just have the brightness cranked way up?  (If I do that, normal stuff in Windows gets all washed out and my wife gets a headache using the computer.)  Or do these people think the ground really looks near black at noon in real life and they like it that way?  How can there be such enormous disparity?

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 04:32:06 PM »
Prozac?

Maybe Zoloft.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 04:49:09 PM »
These are the same settings I'm using in every other game I play. the terrain looks the same (to me) at 5k, 10,or 20 k. Doesnt make a difference. I didnt start this to argue about it.I did this to maybe find some common setting that some could try and use to make it better for them.

It has, you just don't realize it. One thing that WILL happen with VSync off while flying online in AH is that you will see more hit sprites than AH registers. This has been discused many times here and it's agreed on by the staff at HTC and the many technicaly aware players that it's best to have VSync on during online AH play.

Just got a kill today on an aircraft that I saw only a few hits, then the guy augered (awarding me the kill). have'nt had any issue with vsync off. I think with different conections, ymmv.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 05:06:52 PM »
Still think that the ground is too dark, IMO look at that guys post with all the ground images.

P.S: Forgot High Res Texture Pack and 1024 res.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 05:27:13 PM »
If you are on the deck then the ground looks great at certain angles. However if you get up in the air a few k and it's looks like someone threw a green sheet over the old terrain.
"strafing"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 05:34:36 PM »
Originally posted by culero
Looks gud 2 me. What's everybody *****ing about? :)

Blkmgc's posted pics look very dark to me.

My system is calibrated such that total display gamma is 2.2 (standard for Internet sRGB color space), gamma adjust on my card is set to 1.0, and I have a CRT.

Here's what I see, new on left, old on right.  Left is very, very dark on my setup.  Right is fine.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 05:39:20 PM »
This is what I see...

Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 05:54:02 PM »
Whether graphics look bright or dark to people depends on how they have they systems set up.  That's why there is an Internet standard for the sRGB color space, so that what you see on your monitor matches what someone else sees on his monitor and that matches correctly calibrated printers, etc.

What matters in the end is brightness and total display gamma -- which is what you see with your eyes on your screen.  Display gamma is not the same thing as "gamma" as listed by your video card or in AH -- those are gamma adjustments that sit on top of what all the other gammas in your system are.

There are utilities out there that can allow you to tell what your display gamma is and web pages that can allow you to estimate it and to tell you how to correctly adjust everything to match the standard (such as this one:  http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html ).  The Internet standard for the Internet sRGB color space is to have color temperature of 6500, a display gamma of 2.2, and a brightness set correctly.

My display is set according to that.  However, my display is a CRT.  I've noticed that LCD's often have display gammas way off from 2.2 (like my LCD display at work, which is a higher-end one but which is way off from 2.2).

My guess is that anyone having a system that is calibrated to display gamma of 2.2 is going to see the AH world as very, very dark and that people who have display gammas different from 2.2 (such as with some LCD's) or who have their gamma adjust set to higher than 1.0 all the time may not see the AH world as very, very dark.

Why not just crank up your gamma adjust in AH or graphics card then, you ask?  Because cranking up your gamma adjust causes images to look more and more washed out the higher you crank up your gamma adjust.  It's much better to have your gamma adjust at 1.0, which is where you should be seeing the images as the designer of the images intended -- if the designer and you both have the same total display gamma -- which is why there is a standard for the Internet sRGB color space.

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 05:56:01 PM »
i Had to turn my gamma up to make things look ok. But i fly the f4u-1d mostly,and the glass square in front of the gunsight gets so milky that i can't see the con i'm shooting at! the 38J has the same problem!I a'm sure this will be resolved , but I hope it is soon.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 05:56:34 PM »
Originally posted by SAS_KID
This is what I see...

Yikes!  Those are some bizzare looking artifacts in the images.  However, that seems to be the old version of AH, not the current version.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 08:30:25 PM »
I run a Gf7600GT with Digital Vibrance turned up one notch by default (from WW2OL settings). I noticed when I took some screenies the pictures were significantly darker than what I remember them being in game.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 12:14:40 AM »
The terrain is way to dark...it's as simple as that.

Didn't have to adjust anything prior to this last release. Terrian was bright and clear during the day, gradually got darker towards dusk.

Don't think I should to have to adjust gamma and all the other things just to make the terrain look the way that it has been for years (brightness)

I'm sure HTC knows there is a problem and I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

So please stop with all the "it looks great" and "just adjust this and tweak that"

We should'nt have to adjust our monitors just to play AH and then have to put it back to do other things on the computer.

I just hope it's fixed soon
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
What do you see ingame?
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 12:18:51 AM »
I see this... (in the training arena its some of the old terrain tiles mixed in with the new ones)

hopefuly they will lighten up the new stuff to fit in with the old stuff that would make eveyrthing fine I think.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013