Author Topic: Needing more aggressiveness: Film for comment  (Read 831 times)

Offline Niros

• Copper Member
      • http://www.youtube.com/user/NirosAH2?
Needing more aggressiveness: Film for comment
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 07:45:15 AM »
Erich Alfred "Bubi" Hartmann - The Pride of the Luftwaffe & The Highest Scoring Fighter Pilot Of All Time :

"I knew that if an enemy pilot started firing early, well outside the maximum effective range of his guns then he was an easy kill. But, if a pilot closed in and held his fire, and seemed to be watching the situation, then you knew that an experienced pilot was on you."

.... it is true. I have noticed that in this game.
+Sorin+
My YouTube movies:
http://www.youtube.com/user/NirosAH2

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »
What's fun is to fly like a newb at the start of an engagement. Sometimes your opponent, sensing an easy kill, will "hang it out" more and be overly confident or allow himself to be dragged away from the flock.

That sheep that doesn't seem to know how to merge and is spraying BB's from 1.5 may actually be a wolf. ;)
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 01:48:28 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
but when I try to get "aggressive" I lose most of my smarts and end up dead, or blow the advantage so I have to win the fight all over.

That's because flying aggressively is not  a list of moves to learn. It's a thought pattern, or better said, a "State of Mind".
It is that alone what separates top sticks from the rest.

During Korean war, Nellis AFB had fighter school (under leadership of famous Mj. Blesse) to re-learn pilots to dogfight, they tought: "be aggressive or all your other capabilities will be wasted".

They published newsletter titled "No Guts No Glory". Losts of copies on the internet. Download and read.

Of course, excellent ACM skills are just a foundation to build on. As Mj. Blesse said, guts will do for skill but not consistently...