Author Topic: gun control...  (Read 5934 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
gun control...
« on: April 10, 2007, 08:52:40 AM »

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
gun control...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:58:35 AM »
Guns against the undead? Fool Please..

I'll hang on to my saber and flame thrower thank you.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
gun control...
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 09:08:28 AM »
gotta get too close for the saber and the democrats already came for our flamethrowers.

for long range I like a nice garand..  shorter range even the puny .223 is good... better is a good shotgun with number 4 buck and when it gets nasty and close...  a good .357, 44 or 45 handgun.

You need a large caliber so that you can knock em down even without a head shot.   You can either leave em flopping or put a 22 round in their head to finish em off.    a saber or club or ax  just gets zombie blood on everyone.

lazs

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
gun control...
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 09:38:51 AM »
You never know when zombies will attack. Be prepared, and don't let anyone make you feel silly for preparing.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
gun control...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »
yep... right now they are just milling around the neighborhood and living in section 8 housing... they seem to be soothed by loud music and they are content to just glare at humans as we go to work but... this won't last.

they seem to have some crude form of a language but event that is deteriorating.

They seem content to break things and make noise for now.

lazs

Offline Sting138

• Copper Member
gun control...
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:18 AM »
When they take all the guns from the law abiding citizens the crime rate will increase. It's a no brainer. In Australia the violent crime rate increased 300% almost overnight when they collected the handguns and large bore rifles from home owners. The same thing will happen here.

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
gun control...
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 10:14:21 AM »
Awesome Video!

C'mon, a saber?  A Gladius or a Katana would be far better suited.  Both have a far better stab, and the Katana would really make better arcs on foot for defending yourself from those grubby zombie hands.  Throw in a Wakizashi and you've got a formula for zombie mush.

But that's after I exhaust all my 30cal ammo and every bit of buckshot I've got left.  I'd love to see what my longbow would do to them.  They had to defend themselves against zombies in the middle ages too right?  

Zombie vs. halberd?  OOOOOOOOoooooooooo
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
gun control...
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »
Minigunning zombies must be such a riot..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
On a more serious note
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »
looks like it's time to work the 2nd on up to a SC ruling once and for all on individual right.

If either side loses the appeal, I feel sure it will go to the SC. I'm not sure the SC will hear it though.

D.C., Fenty Appeal Court's Gun Ban Reversal
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
gun control...
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 11:08:47 AM »
Prediction: 200+ posts on this thread.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
gun control...
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »
I thought gun control was hitting your target.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
gun control...
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 03:17:27 PM »
It is RPM, for those who know anything about how to actually use one.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
Re: gun control...
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 03:25:08 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
and why it is a bad idea..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHD1uxujnFQ&eurl

lazs

This is the best argument for gun ownership that I have ever seen.

Remember fella's... Organize before they Rise!!!!

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
gun control...
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 03:26:38 PM »
Originally posted by Sting138
When they take all the guns from the law abiding citizens the crime rate will increase. It's a no brainer. In Australia the violent crime rate increased 300% almost overnight when they collected the handguns and large bore rifles from home owners. The same thing will happen here.

Fair dinkum?
300% you say?
Bloody hell, I better sharpen up my pointy stick a bit more.

Large bore rifles were never banned in Australia, I still own a couple.
The only thing they banned was semi and full auto actions, the calibre is irrelevant.
Handguns have never been legal here without a licence. Concealed carry just doesnt happen unless you are Law Enforcement/Security officer of some type, it never has.(even those guys usually overtly carry..ie, clearly visible hip holster)

The only people who cant get their hands on a legal firearm in Australia are those who have no need, right or ability to have a gun in their hands. (Crims, nutcases,drug addicts, wife bashers etc, any history of domestic violence or drug charges immediately bins a weapons licence application, as does any psychiatric history)
Your average Joe Farmer can get a permit in no time at all, same for proffessional shooters/hunters/park rangers/game keepers/vets etc.
Anybody who actually has a legitimate need for a weapon, can get one, simple as that.

I'm guessing the '300% increase in violent crime' has about as much of a basis in fact as the rest of your learned statements in that post....ie none.

IMHO firearms for 'home defence' points to a far greater problem than firearm ownership rights.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:30:58 PM by Bluedog »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
gun control...
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 08:46:59 AM »
so bluedog... no one in your country has ever been attacked where a firearm would have saved them?

You don't feel just a tiny bit like god telling that person (or their surviving relatives) that they just have suck it up ?

What all wise person decides who "needs" a firearm and what type they need?

lazs