Author Topic: My Wish List  (Read 351 times)

Offline Pacifica

• Zinc Member
My Wish List
« on: April 08, 2007, 08:30:17 PM »
I don't think enemy a/c should be identifiable over 3k away, and a/c model should only be specified from less than 1k. Further, Between 3k-6k....small green/red circle or sign should appear above aircraft. Bright red lettering is too obvious, and makes it harder to sneak up on someone (how most WW2 pilots got kills), it also will force pilots to be more aware of their surroundings, and actually scan.

I also think it'd be interesting to display damage done to enemy a/c in text bar... Due to limited graphics, you can't really tell what damage you're doing to an a/c like you could in real life. Having a small message in text bar popping up that says

"you destroyed enemy right aileron"

...would be a pretty cool feature. I've always wanted to know what, if any damage I'm doing to a bomber when I'm pumping 200 rds into it.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
My Wish List
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »
NO
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Dude902

• Zinc Member
My Wish List
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 08:13:54 AM »
Well, I like the idea of a damage display, but the other things about enemy aircrafts is a bit severe. If you can't tell what type of aircraft they're using until you're 1k away, you'll probably be too late to maneuver accordingly.

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
My Wish List
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 10:11:31 AM »
lol if 200 rounds hit a bomber it should be ded

Offline Pacifica

• Zinc Member
My Wish List
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »
Originally posted by Dude902
Well, I like the idea of a damage display, but the other things about enemy aircrafts is a bit severe. If you can't tell what type of aircraft they're using until you're 1k away, you'll probably be too late to maneuver accordingly.

You could tell what type of plane it was from 3k away "SPIT" but you couldn't find out what model it was until less than 1k "SPIT14"

those are just things that I would like, it is after all a "wish list"... thanks for the reply though.

Meatwad, you're a sweetheart, give a reponse to ideas instead of just saying NO.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
My Wish List
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 12:18:57 AM »
I think the obvious damage is portrayed by the art, and anything else like a dead gunner, or internal damage you wouldnt know anyways.

~AoM~

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
My Wish List
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 08:00:39 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to incorperate then red dot thing. maybe even at 8K away or something.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com