Author Topic: High-alt bombing  (Read 309 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
High-alt bombing
« on: April 07, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »
Yesterday I was on a high-alt bombing run at ~23.5K in a set of Lancs.  I was targeting 3 VB's and a strat target (ammo factory).

Once in the bomb site, even at full zoom, the VB hangers never appeared even though I could make out other details on the field.  At the ammo factory all targets were visible.

I've been able to see the hangers from higher alts than this before, even though they became visible only in the last moments.

Did HTC do something to constrain high-alt bombing within the game or is this a bug?  If it's on purpose I'm saddened by the loss from both a bombing perspective as well as from a hunting perspective with some of the fighters that really perform well at altitudes rarely seen otherwise.

Fortunately, I did take out the hangers but only because I knew precisely where they were from experience.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
High-alt bombing
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 07:16:04 PM »
i would say a bug...i bombed a Vbase from 26k in B17s

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
High-alt bombing
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 04:41:08 AM »
try adjusting your settings for vision and distance,this should help i had the same problem or hangers would appear at last moment
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline loser

• Silver Member
High-alt bombing
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 07:11:21 PM »
What rogerdee said.

I had this problem for the longest time and it made dive bombing in an attack fighter tough.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
High-alt bombing
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 01:11:21 PM »
fixed for next release