Author Topic: AcesHigh.exe causes error unknown blah..  (Read 387 times)

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
AcesHigh.exe causes error unknown blah..
« on: January 28, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
S!

My problem is as follows.I fire up AH to play some rounds and then quit.Nothing there.So..I do want to go back in a few moments and fire it up again.The screen turns white and the video option pops up.I press OK and then I get this error message stating "AH.exe has caused <unknown> error..blahblah" and then jumps to desktop.After restart works ok.Any suggestions?Maybe driver related?

DB603

[This message has been edited by DB603 (edited 01-28-2001).]

TheWobble

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2001, 09:55:00 AM »
It sounds to me like it is trying to check video setup every time you start the game, it should only do the the first time you run it (after install)  I would uninstall it and if you have cable or DSL redownload the game and reinstall, the crashing when doing video setup is somewhat commen and not a big deal since you SHOULD only have to to it once.  Let me know what turns up.

--Wobble

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
S!

Thanx Wobble.I will try that.So darn annoying to always restart if U have a pause playing AH.

DB603

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2001, 01:47:00 AM »
re install your Sound Drivers + Direct X + Roger wilco
It should solve your troubles ...

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2001, 05:33:00 AM »
Another possibility is that for some reason your video.cfg file in the settings folder is set to read only. Right click on it and click on properties and check to make sure it is set to archive only and not read only.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
Actually I was experiencing the same problem, but I got it fixed. I happened to get a copy of Norton Utilities with the MS Office CD I bought and pt it on. I ran all the error checking and fixing utilities on it and haven't seen that error message since. So my best guess. is there is an error in the registry somewhere causing the problem.. recommend looking into or borrowing someone's Norton utilities.

Bane
13th TAS

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2001, 08:56:00 PM »
S!

I re-installed RW and AH.It seemed to cure the problem.Only occasionally the game causes error in the Ddhelp.exe.Thanx for the advice!

DB

PS! It started again.Worked for a while but starts over in a few start-ups.

[This message has been edited by DB603 (edited 02-03-2001).]