Author Topic: temporary fix  (Read 577 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
temporary fix
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:47:18 AM »
went into my nvidia control panel and changed desktop color attribute to adjust for color issues.  sliding the digital vibrance up to 20% helped out alot in the game.  i then slid the gamma up a bunch.

wondering if it isnt the atmosphere being too dense or something related to that area that is causing the cloudy day colors.

once i got way up there it no longer looked as dark as it did down low... as seen here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:56:27 AM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
temporary fix
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:01:21 AM »
Nice Pic JB i still can't wait to get home!

You mean you actually had to open up a control panel??? heaven forbid!

That you had to spend 5 minutes tinkering with something just because it didn't look right!

Dam them HTC monkies to hell for making you do such a thing!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
temporary fix
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:09:19 AM »
thanks.  problem is, i have to readjust it back when i close out of the game to make the rest of my system appear correctly.  not a big fan of that...hope they will get it readjusted soon.

:)
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
temporary fix
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »
i also noticed that each time i minimized the game it was dark again when i returned.

i seem to have fixed this by closing the game entirely and restarting it.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
temporary fix
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 05:40:18 AM »
What does digital vibrance do?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
temporary fix
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 05:45:52 AM »
Originally posted by Elfie
What does digital vibrance do?

it enhances the color vibrance.  it appears to have helped combat some of the washing out of color that happens when you adjust the gamma in the game.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Re: temporary fix
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 05:51:10 AM »
Originally posted by JB88

wondering if it isnt the atmosphere being too dense or something...

No that just you  :D

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
temporary fix
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 05:58:05 AM »
that's

:cool:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
temporary fix
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 06:50:12 AM »
guess I need to adjust my controls as well.  To me all the terrain tiles (except for those at the bases) were a bright lime-green.  Looked just like the terrains you use to see in video games 10-15 years ago.

The objects looked very good. New field guns in bunkers for instance.  But the terrian struck me as very plain looking.  Maybe adjusting my controls will help.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
temporary fix
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 07:12:29 AM »
my sentiments exactly.

my theory is one which states that this is a transition work...that they have changed something and therefore the old stuff wont work anymore.  if i am not mistaken this happened when they made the transition to AH2 from the AH1...

we didnt get clouds back for ages.  it was like flying through the dessert at high noon all the time...no scratch that, even the desert gets these little itty bitty clouds from time to time.

on a good note, the clouds are finally coming around, but they could still stand another generation of developement to account for some of the other types of cloud cover.  i am satisfied with where they are for now.  it will take some real work to get realistic towers of poof up there.

i already really miss the farm tiles from the last patch.  those were so beautiful and they gave me a sense that all was going well in the AH universe...that things were on the right track.  

alas, they seem to be gone.  i hope not for good.  they felt as real as anything...no, more real than anything that i have experienced visually in the game.

sigh.

you are correct.  its a lime green hell and thats all there is too it.

but the bunkers and the airfields...and hell, even the water (IMHO) look leaps and bounds improved over yesterdays news.  the beaches are great.  the sheep are a fun edition...they just need some art that can attach itself to some of the subtleties and nuances of the outside world and bring them into their digital one.  it would'nt take much more really.

it feels patchwork.  it always does.

in some senses, i like that...i have grown to appreciate the never ending shifts and developements.  when you create things you have to be able to erase and change directions.  in other ways, i don't like it...it always seems to be getting in the way of it for me.

all in all, i still love the game, but even with these little fixes that i made, it doesnt feel right.  it feels unreal...just as i thought it was beginning to do the opposite.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 07:15:22 AM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
temporary fix
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 08:33:14 AM »
If you use and ATI card, you probably don't (or didn't when I last used one a little over a year ago) have a digital vibrance setting.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
temporary fix
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 08:49:04 AM »
i wonder if similar settings might be found in the advanced setting dialouge in the properties window.

:confused:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
temporary fix
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 12:40:46 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
thanks.  problem is, i have to readjust it back when i close out of the game to make the rest of my system appear correctly.  not a big fan of that...hope they will get it readjusted soon.

:)

Creating an AH profile within the Nvidia app should fix this problem, but I suspect HTC is already working on a patch for this and other issues that have cropped up.