Author Topic: ENY idea  (Read 268 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
ENY idea
« on: April 11, 2007, 10:11:37 AM »
First I like the ENY system but think it needs a tweak or two.

Last night there was a map re-set.  Soon after the new map came up both Knights and Rooks were hoarding on the Bish with little fighting going on between them (a common scenario not just against Bish).  

I like a good fight and flew a few missions into outnumbered odds but banging your head against the wall gets tiring after a while.  I looked around the map for another flight plan and we were outnumbered at every single base on both fronts.  Total players on-line were approximately equal as were total players in flight and no ENY was in effect for any side (1.3 for Rooks).

So here's the idea and a couple of variations.

Establish a "local ENY".  This might be a 9 sector area from your take-off field with your take-off field in the center sector.  Local ENY would be established by the numbers within that area and might be in addition to the current system, or be a replacement for the current system.

Another idea would be to use the total numbers within say, two-three sectors of a front but along the entire front to establish local ENY.

Either way, some would up further back to fly what they like but they'd have to take extra fuel or fight shorter fights and would lose kills per time as a resulting penalty.  Also, the "I want to fly my uber plane" guys could just move to the other front.

I think this, or something like it, would help to curb at least some of the two countries vs one gang rapes we currently have going on.

Just a suggestion.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
ENY idea
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:52:54 AM »
Not a terrible idea.

I've been back in Aces High for a week.  So far, I have yet to be able to up a P-47N or a P-51D due to the ENY.  Quite frustrating.

But then again, dont get me going about the split Late War arenas either.  :)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
ENY idea
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »
I logged on last night and the Rooks and Bish had the most players.   But the Knights had around 90, Rooks 145, and bish 110.    The Bish had the least amount of fields.    I switched from Rook, and winged with my friends in "The Flying Circus".    

I am truly at a loss on why some get "hung up" on what country they fly in?   I have friends in all three countries and have NO PROBLEM helping any country out.    I catch hell from Rooks because "Karaya is more or less a Rook".   The "enlightened ones" tell me "I've never switched from Rook, and I'll never switch".    I laugh at this statement because it's a f**king game.    

What has finally goaded me in the "ENY issue" is the following.   Folks will 1.) post yet another thread which is more or less, a whine.   2.)  they'll post the thread with as many options as they can think up.   3.) they'll hold on to that ideal and refute all who oppose it.   Finally, all they had to do in the first place is either Switch countries, or change arenas.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
ENY idea
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
What has finally goaded me in the "ENY issue" is the following.   Folks will 1.) post yet another thread which is more or less, a whine.   2.)  they'll post the thread with as many options as they can think up.   3.) they'll hold on to that ideal and refute all who oppose it.   Finally, all they had to do in the first place is either Switch countries, or change arenas.

Sheesh... sorry for posting what I thought might be an idea for helping to balance the fights a little.

Nevermind.  Hoard on.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
ENY idea
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 01:17:31 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
Sheesh... sorry for posting what I thought might be an idea for helping to balance the fights a little.

Nevermind.  Hoard on.

Solution is simple, switch countries or arenas.   Sorry, I don't whorde.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
ENY idea
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 08:59:27 AM »
It's probably sacrilegious to suggest it, but ...  ENY would work better if there were only 2 sides to choose from in any given arena.

And even better, if at every reset, all players who'd been on the side of the Alliance were automatically switched to the Empire.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
ENY idea
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 03:33:22 PM »
your idea would be great if it was some how tied to "zone" airfields and then the zones linked together so there ENY if zone vs zone is out of wack... so to speak. This would cause players to move to the "other front".

However there arnt any "zone bases" anymore, as we are on small maps.

large maps with a ENY system like this would cool, as all 100 players would be spread between bases on the front line... Too much codeing though.