Author Topic: how many have you fought and won? (best against the odds fight)  (Read 2280 times)

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
how many have you fought and won? (best against the odds fight)
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
Hmm 4 on 1, 7 on 1 hehe guys! I have problems to survive even in 1 on 1   :D

And I have to admit that 1 on 1 fights are VERY rare in the MA... Always when Im fighting someone 1 on 1 there is always someone either friendly or enemy who enters the fight as well...

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2001, 08:27:00 AM »
"I once killed 3 C47s that had me pinned.

Drex"
gawd... you exagerate so much!  one of those I had allready wounded but only had 3/4 of an ammo load to start with so i was out of ammo after wounding the one and they gave you credit for your theft.

what is the best up to 11?   I got twelve once.  Yes... i know it seems hard to believe that more than about 3-4 planes could be knocked down in the crowded MA while no one else from either side got involved but...

The first liar never stands a chance.
lazs

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2001, 08:29:00 AM »
This is easy....

Ecke  had just sprayed this Spit9 pretty good.  The Spit9 pilot was so pre-occupied he never saw me at all.  Then I sniped him from the sky.

Way cool, huh?  :D

You got to take what you can get!  :eek:

Offline raven 8

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2001, 08:40:00 AM »
cita.......i remember u mate and ur p-38:-)....i dont know if u remember me..........i played in the main arena like a year ago.

i got into a couple of 5v1. i have to say the best i got was 1. but i have survived quiet a few. im a lousy shot, but i have my evasive maneuvers down pretty well. i usually just split s and run. most times they dont work well as a team and mess up them selves:-)

rav

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2001, 08:55:00 AM »
I once helped gang bang a Niki with eight other friendlies.

I almost got him too! But I had to settle for just an assist and suffer my own demise via kill shooter to boot.

It was a tough fight.

Westy

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2001, 01:24:00 PM »
5 vs 2 odds probably.

Me (La-5) and Kirin (190 I think) against a mixed bag of nikis, 190s, spits and hogs.

I got three and Kirin got two and we both rtb'd safely.  :)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2001, 01:50:00 PM »
When bounced... 1 vs 7 with all 7 dead and safely rtb. Was flying spitIX though, simply could not run, should stay and fight   :)

I was lucky no one of them was any expirienced, they missed all the time, turned 109s, etc.

Fariz

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Fariz ]

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2001, 09:07:00 PM »
Was jumped by two high P-47s as I was returning to base.  I was hoping they would just let me go, being on their way to the battle, but no good.  Down they came to pick on me and my little G-10.

This is not good.  Two P-47s flying in formation.  Most likely aces.  Ah, just stay alive as long as ya can. In a series of moves making them miss, I managed to down both!  Sure enought two good pilots!  Frenchy and Nomde!  RTBed and logged off.  The melee drained me!!

Was also jumped by two P-51's flying in formation while once again in the G-10.  Me low and slow with no go.  Managed to hang on and down one in a HO. After a series of maneuvers I got good strikes on the other P-51 when it turned and started a rolling scissors.  Rocket came along and downed the P-51 with a short burst. The pilots were Toad and Rude!  I flew back to base and logged. Too damn nerve racking!!

I jumped about 7 planes vulching a Knight field and downed 5 with ack getting the other two. Landed and thought Cool!

Was around A2 in the old map when I down 3 N1K2's and me alone in my trusty ole 109F-4.

Well thoes are my best moments under distress where I came out ahead.
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2001, 10:18:00 PM »
Dug this up. I is about 2 years old back in the Warbird days.  :)

It was a clear day, and my Zerosen danced up to 10 thousand feet in a matter of minutes. It felt so good to fly this sharp sword after countless sorties in my old bomber.  My experiences in the bomber have been less than pleasing.  Last week I returned with my tail and top gunners killed in their turrets. I have yet to write home to their families....

It was not long and I could not believe my good fortune of spotting a single dot at 10 o'clock.  He grew slowly and I could tell he had not seen me.  Dropping my nose I slightly I gathered speed for he was flying level and passing me on my left at a distance of 3 thousand yards or so.  I slowly turned and was coming around on his six when I notice two more dots at my 3 o'clock heading for me. Suddenly the roundeye at my 12 who I had been following broke and came head on with me. He must have been warned by the other two aircraft.  Aircobra! I could see the muzzle flash of his huge cannon! I dove under him and gave right rudder. Immelmann rolling I came out right on top of him.  He had already lost energy from turning so tightly and was trying to do so again. A quick burst is all I had time for. The other two were on me! Tracers all around me!  Pushing the stick forward I dove and rolled then graying out as I turned so tight, my Reisen crying out!  Check six. Where did he come from! A P-38 diving on me! Turning the other way, then pushing the stick forward again but only for a moment. Tracers! Again no hits. Aircobra flashing across my nose, fired a burst, hits! Turning to get on him, have to break off, another Aircobra at my 6! Again diving and turning so tightly, I hook onto another Aircobra. Check 4,6,8, clear! He dives straight down, I follow firing, smoke! Pieces! He is hurt. I pull up rolling as I climb straight up. Tracers all around me! Hits on me but no damage. Pulling through and hard I am nose down again. P-38 across my nose I grab his tail and fire a good burst into his right engine. Smoke, and fuel pouring out of his plane. Break! Aircobra on my 6! I turn right into another Aircobra firing at me head on!  Tracers from behind and in front, hits, but again no damage. The Aircobra that was on my 6 over shoots and passes my left, I break left and pump cannon into his tail section, off it comes, pieces! He is doomed spinning down out of control.  One down three to go!  

A quick scan shows two of the fighters at a distance, realizing their mistake in dogfighting and now they gather energy to attack. We are down to two thousand feet and I know that is to my advantage.  On the deck they have no chance to dive and run, gaining energy. On the deck it is my dance, I will lead not them. One Aircobra is turning to attack. I turn head on with him and then dive with left rudder under him. Hits on me, oil pouring from my cowling! Half loop and I come out over him and dive down. He is running flat out on the deck. Check 6! Aircobra closing on me.  I have time to fire some short bursts before I break. Cannon hits, pieces fly from his damaged aircraft, then I am out of cannon. He is rolling right over the water. I break right as tracers fly around me, looking back I see a huge plume of white water as the rolling P-39 Aircobra strikes the water. A smoking P-39 is clawing at my 6 but I turn with ease inside him. I see the Fork Tailed Devil at 3 o'clock I must break, again tracers again misses. He passes me and I look around. The only remaining Aircobra engine has seized. Black smoke is pouring out. I climb over him he settles over the water and ditches. The last airplane is not far a head of me, I see the P-38 with gray and white smoke break right and high, hoping for one last shot on me. I dive and come under him denying him a shot. I break right and come around to see him flying level and diving.  His right engine has given up.  A long trial of black and white smoke leads me to him.  Less than 100 rounds of machine guns only. He hopelessly tries to evade. I close to less than a hundred yards, both of us right over the water. My cross hairs are right over his cockpit. He is trapped, nothing he can do but keep the crippled fighter up with one engine.  I pour machine gun fire into his cockpit. Glass and pieces fly from the Lightning. It explodes over the water.

Radio chatter. WTG! XLT dog-san! I am shaking in disbelief from surviving 4 against 1. I circle twice to make sure I am clear. Then head for home.  Scanning my instruments I see my engine in the red! Ahh I turn to head for an island only 10 miles away. I begin to climb but only get to 1200' when my engine dies. I glide for the island but I can tell it is too far. About 2 miles from shore I pull up into a stall and bail. At least the water was warm as I swam to shore.
------------------
CM CO daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Noses in the wind since 1997.
Snapshots & Check 6!

Experience is a hard teacher. First comes the test, then the lesson.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2001, 01:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by Drex:
I once killed 3 C47s that had me pinned.

Drex

I remember my very first weeks on WB. I saw a low P38 (if I recall it right) near our field fighting with 5 my country mate, I didn't bother to go in as he was as good as dead and crapped alt until I looked back and saw only that nme P-38!!! I dropped in and got killed...
My first, short encounter with drex
 :)

My personal best would be something like 1:2
it's absolute max for my SA, usually 1 is hard enough. I prefer more to surprises, that way I get most of my kills (in jug).

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2001, 01:06:00 AM »
Heck,
I remember when I was jumped by StSanta and the 4 other pilots from the 9./JG54 "Gruenherz". They were in FW190s and I quickly outmanuvered the first four and smoked them up. The last pilot was StSanta and I must have hit him in the Arse with over 800 rds but with no effect! I had to settle with only 4 kills.

Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2001, 03:27:00 AM »
A 5 vs. 1 in my 205, on the deck, they kill my wingman, but (revenge!) I managed to kill all of them (la7s, yaks, a 205), while on the way back home, jumped by 2 p47s, and trhey killed me, even if I was asking to leave me run home... aah, where is gone cavalry!   :p

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2001, 12:45:00 PM »
daddog, I'm confused...  you shot down a P38????   ;)

My best was a 6v1..  6 d ponies, 1 n1k2.  It took awhile, but we finally got that george!

oh, you meant when the odds were AGAINST me!  uhmm, yeah, right.  I'm lucky if I can live through a fight where the odds are in my favor, let alone even a 1v1!!!   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
Best was while vulchin...
up in the 20's I think .. but ok, it doesn't count.

The P47 sure carries a lot of ammo!

While we're on the subject... PERK DREX !    ;)

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: Wlfgng ]

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2001, 06:27:00 PM »
Yes, hard to believe I know, but I did enjoy the Zeke in WB.

Best I think I have done in AH was 2. Must have been newbies.  ;)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure