Author Topic: Dishonorable Discharge  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 12:22:31 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Being a good soldier and being a ****head.
:rofl  Well, I guess that clarifies it! :)  Do they keep metrics on how many of each there are...say in the last 100 years?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 12:28:28 PM »
Seriously, you would only get a General Discharge if you had a bad service record with a lot of Captain's Masts. I'm sure there's a record somewhere of how many.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »
One more question: Is there such a thing as "general discharge-under honorable conditions" ??

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 12:47:11 PM »
Read Airscrews post.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 01:33:22 PM »
I used to date a gal who had a dishonerable discharge, smelled bad too :confused:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 04:29:48 PM »
Rip you don't necesarily have to be that bad to get a General Discharge.  Sometimes you get to a point where you are passed over for promotion too many times or you've reached the max amount of time in service for your rank (high year tenyear SP?)

Most of the time you get an Honerable or admin sep in those conditions.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 04:31:30 PM »
I believe the word you are looking for is "tenure"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 04:48:44 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Read Airscrews post.
Doh! Missed that one. Thanks.

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 01:17:19 AM »
No security clearance for one. Two you lose your rank upon bein booted from service. Three it's down right embaressing.
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 05:11:52 AM »
"Remember, you can't spell 'dishonorable' without 'honorable'." - Homer Simpson
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Dishonorable Discharge
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 09:48:32 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
One more question: Is there such a thing as "general discharge-under honorable conditions" ??

Yes there is. Case in point. A very good friend of mine's wife used to be in the Coast Guard. After having their second child, she was having a very difficult time lossing the weight she gained during the pregnancy. The following year she was still overweight when it came time for her annual weigh in. She was put on probation, enrolled in the weight program, and given six months (I think) to meet weight standards. She was unable to make her weight and was processed for discharge.

She recieved a General Discharge under Honorable conditions because even though she failed to meet CG standards concerning her weight she was still a very good sailor and did her job well despite being over weight. I don't believe she ever had any NJP against her.

Her discharge allowed her to maintain her security clearance and she now works for Raytheon, ironicly enough working on a Coast Guard contract. She is doing quite well now. Her husband is still serving in the CG.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"