Author Topic: Speed variance and engine sounds....  (Read 364 times)

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
Speed variance and engine sounds....
« on: June 07, 2007, 12:01:32 PM »
***Previously posted on the Help/Training forum***
***This is a wishlist request if not currently possible***

I come from flying Warbirds. *yes I know AH is better*

I was having some issues with flight models and was getting some help in the Training arena when I suddenly realized (with help from a squaddie) that I couldn't tell how fast I was going without looking at the speed indicator. Duh!

In warbirds, I could tell while manuvering my basic Energy state based upon the speed and sound of the engine(and sometimes associated sounds). However, in Aces High, the engine doesn't speed up and the pitch doesn't become a high squeeling whine.

Is there any way to change this? On my end that is. Change a sound file or something to simulate the added speed of a dive, or the sluggishness of the engine as I climb and it struggles to keep up?

Thanks in advance!
Rolling Thunder

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Re: Speed variance and engine sounds....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 02:51:51 PM »
Have you flown the Corsairs here?

Originally posted by Chapel
***Previously posted on the Help/Training forum***
***This is a wishlist request if not currently possible***

I come from flying Warbirds. *yes I know AH is better*

I was having some issues with flight models and was getting some help in the Training arena when I suddenly realized (with help from a squaddie) that I couldn't tell how fast I was going without looking at the speed indicator. Duh!

In warbirds, I could tell while manuvering my basic Energy state based upon the speed and sound of the engine(and sometimes associated sounds). However, in Aces High, the engine doesn't speed up and the pitch doesn't become a high squeeling whine.

Is there any way to change this? On my end that is. Change a sound file or something to simulate the added speed of a dive, or the sluggishness of the engine as I climb and it struggles to keep up?

Thanks in advance!
"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 03:38:46 PM »
No, I haven't flown a corsair yet.
Fraid i'm not following....does the engine speed up and slow down as you accelerate and decelerate?
Rolling Thunder

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 04:53:50 PM »
Constant speed propellors mean that until you exceed their max speed there won't be any of that engine overspeed sound.  Aces High doesn't model the final overspeed, but WarBirds was wrong to have it constantly there as though the props are fixed pitch.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 06:55:31 PM »
Originally posted by Chapel
No, I haven't flown a corsair yet.
Fraid i'm not following....does the engine speed up and slow down as you accelerate and decelerate?

what you need is USRangers and Frudas F4U sound pack. Go to forum:

Custom Sounds and Skins>>sticky: Frudas dedicated sound packs and or USRangers sound pack.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com