Author Topic: Open Apology to Moss  (Read 564 times)

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Open Apology to Moss
« on: May 15, 2000, 07:24:00 AM »
  Having dove on a panzer, and in my dweebishness waited to long to pull out, the tail of my F4U struck the ground. I was having extream difficulty staying out of a dive so I punched out. From out of nowwhere, a 205 nails me in my chute.
  I was alittle surprized, and miffed, so I posted over the open channel: "Jerk".
  Being shot in a chute is a common occurence in AW3. I had not experienced yet in AH and was pleased that it didn't seem to be the norm.
  At any rate, what I did was not cool and again I apologise to Moss, and the community as a whole.

...Weave

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Open Apology to Moss
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2000, 07:45:00 AM »
 Weav, chute shooting is an online sim thing, not something you only find on AW3.

-Westy

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Open Apology to Moss
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2000, 08:52:00 AM »
How long after you bailed did your chute get hit?
Maybe with lag he didn't see you bail yet and was shooting at an AC on his FE.

I see that alot and ppl come over 100 saying chute killers, when in our FE's we only saw an AC not a pilot bail.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Open Apology to Moss
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2000, 09:22:00 AM »
Whats wrong with killing chutes?

Rude Out!

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Open Apology to Moss
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2000, 09:28:00 AM »

Due to the infamous ditch-bug a lot of players shoot at falling planes. So it is easier to kill chutes.

And the net-lag does strange things indeed. Two days ago I shot down a Spitfire hiding in his ack-ack at about 1,000ft. On my FE I saw his a/c in flames and cut in two pieces. On his FE he had the wingtip off, so he fell down from 1K and survived. Can you believe it?

GATT
4°Stormo Caccia
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Open Apology to Moss
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
Howdy Torque, I've seen your name more than once right after I've been shot down. (as in shot down by Wasn't long. In our heated conversation afyterwards, he said he shot my chute cause I bailed when he came after me, and didn't give him a shot at my plane.
Westy, maybe it's something I'm gonna have to live with. But to me there's no challange to shooting at a chute, once the plane is down, the threat to your country is gone, so whats the use?
All that aside, I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, so hence the post. Thanx for responding.

...Weave

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Open Apology to Moss
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2000, 09:49:00 AM »