Author Topic: The Moon .... "it's something wrong with the Matrix"  (Read 772 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
The Moon .... "it's something wrong with the Matrix"
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 01:23:33 PM »
If everyone turns their back to face the North and Looks directly UP whenever the moon is directly above them, the orientation will be the same everywhere on earth.  Do not overthink is concept.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 06:24:28 AM »
If everyone turns their back to face the North and Looks directly UP whenever the moon is directly above them, the orientation will be the same everywhere on earth.

Hmmm but what if you are standing at the South Pole?  You will be facing north no matter which way you turn.  This of course should make it easy for someone to "turn(s) their back to face the North" because their back will be 'facing" north no matter which they face their back, or if they should want to choose to, face their face!

The problem I see arising here is where you want them to look "directly up", because as we all know at the South Pole if you want to find the moon you have to look down.  Looking up for the moon would only have you viewing your feet surely?
Can the moon ever be directly above (or below for the Antarcticans) if you live outside of the tropics?  Penguins with enquiring minds need to know.

:eek:
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »
Penguins are cool, leave them outta this!!!!!

Aside from penguins and Polar Bears, turning your back to the North and looking up, the moon is upside down, according to the thread starters information.

Oh and NHawk, that was a typo, I meant the Sun when I said "it's".  I typed more but ended up erasing a few lines in that post.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 02:38:52 PM »
The solution here is to perk the moon......

because it obviously Pwn's all of you.

:D
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 01:36:26 AM »
Originally posted by Oleg
Moon is too large and too contrasting to be real. It looks like you see it through binoculars.

It is too large, by a factor of over 10.  If they made it correct size it would be a tiny boring circle (owing to the rather large 90 degree normal view for AH).

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 02:28:43 AM »
I know. But they can make it looks real.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 03:43:58 AM »
I emptied my 30mm into it and it was still flying! Must be a bug.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »
Originally posted by Martyn
I emptied my 30mm into it and it was still flying! Must be a bug.

and it just floats up there like a N1k !  Must be a rook though cause its waaaaaayyy up there too!

:noid
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.