Author Topic: Looking for input feedback.  (Read 568 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Looking for input feedback.
« on: March 31, 2007, 09:26:17 AM »
I'm not sure how many of you have found your way to the trainers web site.
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

One of the new additions there is the Calendar.
http://www.netaces.org/calendar/ahtacalendar.php

We have got this up and running, and people are starting to use it.
What I'm looking for is input on

A what would you like to see offered for clinics.
As a test I ran a quick bombing clinic fri afternoon that worked out fairly well.

B What time/days would you like to see them offered.

Most of the people I'm trying to reach are probably not yet reading these message boards. But I wanted to throw this out and see what kind of responses I get.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 09:56:15 AM »
calendar is a great idea!  I think it may lead to more "walk ins" for the open training.

I have been reluctant to sign up for training because i have a tendency to forget  

my schedule and would most likely not arrive on time.

(the guy who patches the bullet holes on my hellcat would like me to sign up for some reversal and evasive training( i told him to shut up and put a cupholder on the dash))

:aok

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »
You could use somthing the CM group has been requesting but it's not related to the Training site.
A transmit command to cross all arenas that you could announce the sessions with.
A "Level Bomber course starts in 10 minutes in the Training Arena" going to all arenas could only help.
I used to try to give hourly notices on KOTH starts but with the split and being unable to announce in full arenas I just about gave up doing it.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Grisbeau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 12:29:19 PM »
Having taken part in the bombing clinic I found it to be fun and very informative but also with quite a high workload. Luckily I took notes and repeated the clinic offline and not only found my target but hit it! This has probably saved me hours of frustration and the cat countless kicks.

I cannot comment on times as I'm in the U.K. and don't have much free time anyway so I'll take pot luck. As for the clinic contents I would like to learn about such things as dive bombing, Jabo-ing, using fixed guns etc. These are all things I wouldn't dream of doing in an arena 'cos I'd rather spend my time being shot down in a fighter and can't be bothered doing them offline; but I would still like to learn the basics.

Anyway, Ghosth for a top clinic.
IRON MAN - Fictional superhero.
Iron Woman - Simple command.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 08:47:52 PM »
The calendar is a great idea...just bookmarked it for future reference.

As for time/day requests, weekday mornings suit my schedule but I suspect I'm in a minority. I'm ashamed to say that after 10 years of WW2 flight sims, my k/d sucks, my gunnery hit % is horrible and my SA (lose sight;lose fight) is abysmal. Other than that, I'm fine :rofl ...errr wait...my dive bombing sucks too  

:D

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 12:58:36 AM »
Grisbeau,

If you would like further training in the arts of dogfighting,  or anything else you need an explanation on look for me in game.

My squad The Few are a collection of British and European players.

I will always take a time out from my killing to help a fellow Brit!

We use our own 3rd party voice program that is miles better  than in-game and frequent Rooks for now.

All the best.

Bruv119
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Grisbeau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »
Cheers for that Bruv. If I see you on line I'll give you a shout from whatever smoking hole I happen to be landscaping at the time.

Gribeau
IRON MAN - Fictional superhero.
Iron Woman - Simple command.

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »
I have attended the first wingman session and the training on mission planning both by widewing.  These were both very helpful to a new comer like me. I am enjoying practicing the wingman techniques I have learned but still have a long way to go.
 I agree that there should be some ACM training so I can survive a little longer and spend less time flying back to the battle.
 How different planes match up and the like would also be helpful when you engage the enemy. I know that is a lot of info to cover but I have filmed the training sessions I have attended so far and that helps refresh the lessons.
 What battles to pick and what battles to fly away from. What is the best method to egress a battle. How do you approach a field to dive bomb and what are the best escape routes to avoid the flack. How to save your tail when you have drawn a crowd.
 Just thought I would throw these questions out. I know the more experienced pilots know the answers but it would be a big help to us rookies.
  Nights are best for me as I work days.
  Thanks for asking.
  Swoose :aok

Offline Banzzai

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 02:29:33 PM »
any chance of a table under the calender with the
time zones compaired to EST

be a bit helpfull for us noobs across the pond that
don't yet realise that 20:00 EST is 02:00 CET and you need
a good supply of matches to keep your eyes open

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 07:05:27 PM »
ghosth<> calender is an excellent idea. i wanted to make it to the wingman tactics, but had to go to a staff meeting for the airshow next month.
 think possibly somehting on how to survive, and/or fight a higher enemy....even though we all know we shouldn't be caught low....but id does happen. maybe more on wingman tactics too. some training on energy management? basic gunnery?  
 oooorrrr.....since it seems that a lot win or lose by their setups or machines, how about a basic course on controls setup? or at least ideas on where to start? how about bomber attack? or bomber defense as a lot of guys like to pad their scores on us in bombers?

just some suggestions...hope they help.

timewise.......i'm in EST, and usually can be on from 9pm est till whenever.......

thank ya sir!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 03:57:39 PM »
Ghosth-

I wonder if you guys could find a better way to "advertise".  As you mention, I think many people, especially those that need help, are not reading these boards.

Maybe HTC would allow you to plug a small one line "message of the day" type advertisement as people log into the game.  Either on the clipboard itself, or maybe on one of the log-in pages.

An option might be to put a "Don't show this message again" checkbox so the folks who don't want the message repeated don't have to see it.

Access to quality training would seem to be a good thing for business.  The quality training is in place, but are the people that need it finding it?

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson