Author Topic: Deflection 101  (Read 4513 times)

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Deflection 101
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2007, 08:33:03 PM »
Originally posted by StuB
Yes, you are correct, but that had to do with where your damage showed up.  They were still able to turn on and off HO's.  I'm pretty sure  they were able to do this because it had to do with where the shots came from rather than where they hit.

In AW, taking engine damage with HOs turned off  had nothing to do with HOs.  It was random damage given when the sever saw a hit on the bubble.  HOs were turned off to compensate for the lack of collisions.   So, there is no real comparison between AW and AH.

AH has no random things, or turned off realism for compensation.  It's all part of the game, cut it too close, you collide.  Fly directly at someone, you can get HOed.

I just don't think the solution to stopping HOs is to shame people out of it as it was done in AW.  Kill them until they figure it out :)

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »
I meant that the randomizer had to do with where the damage showed up, not where it came from.  

Anyway, I agree with your 100 %.

Originally posted by GunnerCAF
In AW, taking engine damage with HOs turned off  had nothing to do with HOs.  It was random damage given when the sever saw a hit on the bubble.  HOs were turned off to compensate for the lack of collisions.   So, there is no real comparison between AW and AH.

AH has no random things, or turned off realism for compensation.  It's all part of the game, cut it too close, you collide.  Fly directly at someone, you can get HOed.

I just don't think the solution to stopping HOs is to shame people out of it as it was done in AW.  Kill them until they figure it out :)

Gunner
"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2007, 10:32:53 AM »
"your just to thick to understand any of what was typed is all.

This track was designed for teaching deflections in a 2 or 3 Vs. 1

I never HO shoot anyone except bombers or LTAR's"

That track has been around for sometime AApache used to host  HO-OFF nights was actually alot of fun but i dont see deflection shot training sry.
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2007, 12:18:21 PM »
Originally posted by JimBeam
"your just to thick to understand any of what was typed is all.

This track was designed for teaching deflections in a 2 or 3 Vs. 1

I never HO shoot anyone except bombers or LTAR's"

That track has been around for sometime AApache used to host  HO-OFF nights was actually alot of fun but i dont see deflection shot training sry.

It's mainly in the curves JIM, thats where we all try to make are shots

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Deflection 101
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2007, 12:33:32 PM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th
It's mainly in the curves JIM, thats where we all try to make are shots

You mean take all of your HO shots.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song