Author Topic: Just A Idea For The AvA arena.  (Read 307 times)

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Just A Idea For The AvA arena.
« on: April 17, 2007, 08:56:42 PM »
Just a thought but with the growing boredom in the MAs mabey during a week where nothing is planed the AvA staff could have the big maps up. (donut trinity okansas ext.)  Could be a good change in pace and could possible get a bigger crowd into the AvA arena!

Thoughts?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Re: Just A Idea For The AvA arena.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 10:06:57 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Just a thought but with the growing boredom in the MAs mabey during a week where nothing is planed the AvA staff could have the big maps up. (donut trinity okansas ext.)  Could be a good change in pace and could possible get a bigger crowd into the AvA arena!

Thoughts?

Thanks for the input Husky,  I can't speak for the entire staff but there are times where we have strade from historical setups just to try some things for a change of pace.  However your  timing is a bit off since we did one this week with plane setups.   I wouldn't expect any of the staff doing that again for a while(maybe eight months to a year), since the main focus of the arena is historical setups.  We do have one large historical map that you may like but it's really not designed for land base capture like you see in MA..

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Just A Idea For The AvA arena.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 02:11:33 AM »
Originally posted by Husky01

Thoughts?

I dont know if maps are the answer Husky. The smaller maps with closer bases lend more to quiker fights. That being said, I would really like to use the Ozkansas map for something.

As for growing boredom with the MA. I wonder how many MA regulars are feeling the same way? I have always prefered the CT/AvA, but I also used to enjoy the MA quite a bit. Right now I cant stand the MA and I have to pretty much force myself to fly there. I would chalk it up to burnout but I dont think thats the case this time.

storch

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 08:56:20 AM »
nope the fights in the MA are seldom that.  it's more like running after players like sehob, grim, shaunBN and that Kev367th guy.  that mindset permeates the MA and it just sucks.  the AvA isn't much better though, you get players that only up the easiest ride, hang out in the ack 20k over the fight waiting to jump 3-5 v 1.  glorification has struck our game just as surely as it has the rest of our society.

In the MA with it's greater numbers there is more of a chance to find the occassional good fight.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 01:25:13 PM »
880 Squadron is coming back to AVA on Thursday nights starting this week. Hopefully some of the other squadrons who used to fill the roster will follow suit.

Let's give it a shot and see if we can start a war.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV