Author Topic: Video Help Part 2  (Read 357 times)

Offline zlehmann

• Zinc Member
Video Help Part 2
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:18:55 AM »
ok so ive recorded a couple decent videos and i want to show off some of my kills to my friends. only problem is i dont know how you guys get those cool views in the movie. i can move the view around and everything while im watching it but when i watch it the second time the views weren't saved. ive used the capture button but it still doesnt work. can anyone offer some guidance?

also i tried saving it as a .avi and the file always ends up being 0kb. anyone got any ideas for that?

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Video Help Part 2
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 06:22:40 PM »
Look through the Films and Screenshots forum.  Players in the past have given tips and tutorials on changing .ahf films to movies that anyone can view.  Most use and external capturing program like Fraps.

The problem with capturing new views in the film viewer is that there's no option to erace the original views.  New views do capture and save, but the old views are still there, and often mess up your captured views.  A fix for that has been requested.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Video Help Part 2
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 10:09:50 PM »
Here is a thread I posted in the films and screenies this might be able to help you out on making a film!

How to make films using FRAPS and Windows Movie Maker

Ok Ive had a lot of people lately ask me how to make films using FRAPS and Windows Movie Maker so I made a lil write up on how its done using pictures as well.

First off you must download FRAPS either the trial version (Free) or the full version(cost). You may download FRAPS at http://www.fraps.com

The next step is to open up your fraps program and set your record keys to R (It works the best with Aces High film Veiwer)

When you open up FRAPS click on the third tab to the right (Movie Tab). Now where it says select the recording key change it to R. Also make sure that in the bottom left hand corner you click the hide mouse options so your mouse dosnt show up in your films. You may also choss if you want to record the sound or not . Here is a picture to help you fallow along

Next thing to do is open up Aces High Film Viewer and open the film you which to record selected clips from. NOTE: When you are using the trail version of fraps you may only record for 30 seconds at a time and on you final draft at the top http://www.fraps.com will appear in white lettering.

Now when you have messed with the film and have you views set right and have it how you want to record it all you have to do is hit R to start and stop recording. While you are recording the FPS(numbers in the top left corner will turn RED when your recording and Yellow when your not recording. When you stop recording that clip is automatically saved under your fraps file in your Program files under your C disk.

Ok now you need to upload the clip you have filmed into the Windows Movie Maker Program.

First off start by opening Windows Movie Maker Program. First take what ever song you want to use for the film and drag and place it in movie maker then drag it down to the time line. Ok now we are gonna go threw how to import the clips you have filmed into movie maker. First you go File -->Import into collections-->My computer --> Cdrive--> Program files--> FRAPS. Now once your there you will see the the clips you have recorded in aces high film viewer. NOTE: It can get confusing on which clip is whitch so here is a lil note the last clip you got from aces high is ALWYAS gonna be the last on on the list. Ok once you have found the clip you want simply hit Import

Now just drag and place the clip where ever you want down on the time and start making your film!

If anyone has any questions give me a haller ill be glad to help!
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Video Help Part 2
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 10:12:36 PM »
Thats weired the pics that are supposed to help you fallow along didn't show up If you go in to the Films and Screen shots section of the BBS the post is Tittled How To make a movie using windows movie maker and fraps.  Hope that might help some! This has pictures to help you fallow along!
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Video Help Part 2
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 10:40:15 PM »
Hit the quote button, then select and copy what you want.  That way the raw image tags will copy over to your new post :)