Author Topic: Setting up the mouse to gun bufs???  (Read 204 times)

Offline 1Way>

• Zinc Member
Setting up the mouse to gun bufs???
« on: April 22, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »
Thanks in advance to any replies that help...

I have a Saitek 52 that is working fine...and it is mapped using the default mode...

What I want to do is set either mode 3 or 4 up for gunnery. I want the mouse to control the gun/turret slew, and the button 0 to fire the gun.

In AW we would always use the mouse for buf gunning and I want to try that out in AH with the ability to switch between stick and mouse control with a simple keyboard command...

When I go into control setup and 'map controllers', I choose profile 4 and the mouse as the controller. However, it appears that the profiler doesn't even register the x-y analog output of the mouse as the values are static.

The mouse xy is working fine...other than the fact its ignored by the control mapping...

Button 0 works just fine and fires the gun...but for the life of me I can't get the mouse to produce noticeable xy output and neither can I get the turret to slew.

How can I determine which control mode I am in during game play? Do I have to open the controller mapping interface? Is there a function that would display that info on the screen during game play?

Thanks for any help...

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 07:13:08 AM »
I switch modes to get the "Up" views along with the flat views mapped to a single 8 way hat. I also use mode 3 to use the CM Eye.

Anytime you switch from one mode to another you get a host text message.

Switching between 2 modes is easy, in Mode 1, set a button to switch to mode 2. In mode 2 set the same button to switch to mode 1. In other words an alternating switch.

However, switching that, and going to mouse control, could be interesting.
I'd start by going to mode 3 and unmapping joystick axis, then see if you can remap them to mouse.

But be carefull, methodical, or you'll end up redoing your whole setup from scratch. (Good idea to save settings folder ahead of time just in case)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 02:32:40 PM »
You know, that's a heck of an idea!  I never thought about using a mouse for gunnery.. wow I'll have to play with that myself.

I use one of the 8 way hats on my throttle (X45) for mode changing.  I also use 3 modes... 1 for fighters.. 2 for GV's.. 3 for bombers.  (Biggest difference between 1 and 3 is trigger on 3 fires ALL weapons so when I'm gunning all 3 planes shoot at once).

In mode 1 if I press the hat switch left it goes to mode 2... and right it goes to mode 3.

In mode 2 if I press the hat switch left it goes to mode 1... and right it goes to mode 3.

In mode 3 if I press the hat switch left it goes to mode 2.. and right it goes to mode 1.

Up/down on that same hat raises/lowers flaps in mode 1 and 3.. and shifts gears in mode 2.

Kind of confusing until you get used to it... but very handy.