Author Topic: Why GVers are lame.........  (Read 2442 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Why GVers are lame.........
« on: April 20, 2007, 10:16:28 AM »
I think that the fundemental difference is the apparent need for the GVer's to exploit bugs or other non player based elements. All the tiger whining is simply the result of people with no skill complaining tht there ride isnt "impervious". Now you seem to have every windmill manned by multiple GV's using the bug there.

I'd like to HTC put up a screen intro listing the current bugs and the warning that if you are reported for expoiting them (with supporting film of course) your account status is subject to review. No one should be "punished" for gleefully taking advantage where advantage can be found. But when that advantage is simply an exploitation of a design "bug" then it should be policed (again just my opinion). Since there is obvious intent to expand the ground game how about policing it a bit better.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 10:23:49 AM »
Sounds like someones alittle mad becasue they got pwned by someone in a windmill or useing that fence bug.:aok

Heres an idea they kill you once and you dont see them. You come back they kill you again and you see they are useing a bug you use a bomb. End of story.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 10:28:23 AM »
lol i love thw windmill,i look their first now to bomb,makes people mad if you bomb them with 30kills or more. But they do need to fix that glich, no names will be said but 69kills in a M4,come on. :D

~VansCrew~
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 10:30:46 AM »
It's a shame that the title of your thread paints all GVs with such a broad brush.  

I'm not one to panic and get all wound up over something as petty as this, and such a problem like a graphics bug are solveable so it really needs just a bug report and not a slight against a whole group.

Curios about this particular comment, however:
No one should be "punished" for gleefully taking advantage where advantage can be found. But when that advantage is simply an exploitation of a design "bug" then it should be policed

This leads me to believe that you might find it acceptable to do, for fun, as long as it meets your criteria.  What if someone else found it appalling that you would even do it "gleefully".  Are they right and you are now subject to your own regulation?  Who makes these decisions, and frankly, what on earth makes you think that we need a police state in there to Decide who is exploiting and who is being Gleeful?  Who challenges that decision?  Is there Glee Review Board that defines intent?

Do you honestly think that a simple bug report couldn't have sufficed and a slant against a group was really required?

Comments like this make me nervouse, how easily people succumb to requiring someone else to babysit and define "acceptable".
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 10:44:04 AM »
LOL.......didn't even know there was a windmill bug..........thanks for the info...........will be on the look out

LTARokit<-------respwns with can of Raid in hand "Be vewy vewy quiet.......I'm hunting 'Windmill Bugs' ".  :rofl

ROC, well said Bro.

Salute
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:47:03 AM by LTARokit »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 10:48:24 AM »
Originally posted by ROC
Is there Glee Review Board that defines intent?

:lol

Yep, you lose

:rofl

Mind if I use that in my sig... that's a good one.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

storch

Re: Why GVers are lame.........
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 10:48:25 AM »
Originally posted by humble
I think that the fundemental difference is the apparent need for the GVer's to exploit bugs or other non player based elements. All the tiger whining is simply the result of people with no skill complaining tht there ride isnt "impervious". Now you seem to have every windmill manned by multiple GV's using the bug there.

I'd like to HTC put up a screen intro listing the current bugs and the warning that if you are reported for expoiting them (with supporting film of course) your account status is subject to review. No one should be "punished" for gleefully taking advantage where advantage can be found. But when that advantage is simply an exploitation of a design "bug" then it should be policed (again just my opinion). Since there is obvious intent to expand the ground game how about policing it a bit better.
someone should have a bottle of warm milk and take their napper

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 11:00:06 AM »
I would have said in 2 sentences what he said in 2 paragraphs:

"Jb21 was dweebing it up in TT last night from inside a windmill. Please fix this bug ASAP."

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »
I fail to see how these comments on bug exploitation can be construed as whining. Anyone who considers it whining is a fool.

You should not be required to up a plane to bomb an exploiter.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 11:13:02 AM »
Oh, I agree. I was just saying I could have done it more succintly :)

EDIT: I was in TT last night, I was going to post this exact same thing but wasn't fast enough.

Offline Flame 2 the boy

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 11:15:50 AM »
if u keep gettin killed by the same guy at one spot heres a tip....dont go there

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Re: Why GVers are lame.........
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 11:19:55 AM »
Originally posted by humble

I'd like to (see) HTC put up a screen intro listing the current bugs and      the(n) warning that if you are reported for expoiting them (with supporting film of course) your account status is subject to review.

Basically your saying that HT should ban people for exploiting a bug in the terrain they put out.  

Wouldn't it be better if the bugs were just reported to HTC, so they could be fixed, and then everyone would have a level playing field again? (which is what you, and everyone else, including myself want.)

I hear alot of guys complaining about bugs in the MA, but i don't think some of them  even know about the  bb's.  

If enough  guys post in the bugs forum,  it will call HT's attention to a problem that can be easily fixed.                                                            

Edit:
I made a post in the bugs forum. You can ellaborate there.  :aok
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:27:12 AM by Speed55 »
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by Engine
I fail to see how these comments on bug exploitation can be construed as whining. Anyone who considers it whining is a fool.

You should not be required to up a plane to bomb an exploiter.

If its not awhine then he needs to go Here.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 11:29:59 AM »
There are a lot of bugs around tank town, I have been seeing a constant flow of people landing 40-60 kills in tank town.  Last night I seen 54 in M4.  I cant say for sure, but I am guessing that is an exploit of bug!  I used to enjoy TT, but now its just a place for people to gain perks.  It takes the fun of TT that people have to exploit the bugs.  Of course no one want to report them, then they couldn't use them.  Think I stick to fighters, for now.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 11:49:46 AM »
What is the windmill bug? First I have heard of it. Is it something like the shore battery bug we used to have?
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station