Author Topic: Conflict Seen in Game Objective  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Conflict Seen in Game Objective
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »
3. What shade am I.

1. Why am I hiding.
2. why not post under your real name.

:D
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Its_a_game

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 09:41:40 PM »
This is my name.  Its_a_game   I let my membership slip again.

Offline Its_a_game

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 09:50:28 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Id be happy to do it getting bored with MA setup as is

Husky01

Husky01, I was reading through your Forum contribution.  You seem like a very very angry person.  Maybe your anger comes from your boredom?

My purpose of this link is to discuss the game's real objective.   I appreciate the contributions by players who are adding to this discussion.  I do play other games, but this game has a nebulous goal.  I am just trying to clarify it.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 09:59:57 PM »
:huh  Did you seriously look through all of my post :huh

:rofl Thats kinda creepy but flattering!

BTW im bored cause I have mono and Ive been in the house for a month and a half straight believe me you would be a bored and angry person to!

Also what threads did i seem angry in?

The point of the game is to have fun whatever YOU have fun doing is what YOU should do don't listen to other people If you like taking bases then take bases if you like hoing every pass ho every pass.  HTC is one of the best flight sims out there because there are so many options! You can base taker, Furballer, DAer, Special events, FSO, and snapshots. There is only one wrong way to play this game and that is to play it a way you wont have fun playing it! Dont play it a way you dont like that ruins the point of the game which is to HAVE FUN!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:08:40 PM by Husky01 »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 10:15:19 PM »
I am lost… is not  the intention of the game be fun? I will have to think in the intention of the life also, it is not going to be mistaken. :noid
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline 96Delta

• Nickel Member
      • Loose Cannons Alliance (LCA)  "Realize Your Potential"
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 10:20:09 PM »
If you enjoy participating in organized missions
and you are a ROOK then you are welcome to
fly with us and join our growing number of
members and squadrons who enjoy working together
to "win the war"!

We do everything from base capture, strategic bombing,
vehicle runs and just plain old historic recreations
(like Pearl Harbor, for example).  We don't usually
live long doing those but they sure are a hoot!

You are most welcome to fly with us (and so is everyone else!)

LCA - Loose Cannons Alliance
"Running Wild in Your" Neighborhood!
http://david.tenifer.com/aceshigh/

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:27:24 PM by 96Delta »

To be sure you are going to Heaven when you die  CLICK HERE.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 10:57:34 PM »
1. It really sucks you had to create a "shades account" to post your opinion.  Never understood that.  Never understood the need.  

2. Your original post has already been aswered, by HiTech and Pyro no less.  The game is about aerial combat.  The "war" is just a means to facilitate that.

3. Have fun.  Bottom line is to enjoy yourself.  

4. For such stinky bait, i'm surprised that so many (me included) are wasting their time with this thread.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 11:00:15 PM »
Coudlnt of said it better lute:)
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 11:01:44 PM »
I did always like the "win war goal of the game",team play ,more organized made it more realistic,  ; I always thought this is a massive multi ww2 flight and fight for something(base,war,country) sim, not just a nonsense dogfight until puke without a final goal"first person shoter'

But since sept 13, the game lost most of its taste for toolsheders like myself, this small arenas,the 120 caps,and lot of bases uncapturable,  keeps same maps,imposible to reset, boring for months, in LW arenas, cuz the EW/MW arenas are to low populated to have fun,
     ww2 aerial combat was not just an acrobatic dogfight  , i read that over 80% of the pilots shot down, didn't know what hit them ,

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 11:38:46 PM »
lol.  game is what you make of it.  It's always been my understanding that the game was designed for combat and for fun.  telling people how they should be playing the game in the way you see fit is lame. getting on country channel and telling everyone where they should be fighting....lame.  coming to the bbs and whinning that people aren't playing the game how you think they should....lame.  

why one earth people can't just play the game, form their squad, and worry about what they are doing and how much fun they are having without tyring to control what everyone else is doing is beyond me.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DarkS1ar

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 02:27:18 AM »
Initially when I started to all I wanted to do was capture bases a win the war, and then there was the update that split the arena’s.  Capturing bases and resetting the map to get the same map over over over over over  just didn’t have the lure anymore. Heck one time me and some of my squadies reset one of the (MW or EW) can’t remember now just to be sent to the other corner of the map twice.  

Well then since TT is the main map tried my hand at the GV thing well with a tiger lest you stood a chance. AND then came the update well to say the least it just ticks me off to spawn in 20 times 5 times with a tiger to be sent back to the tower within 2.5 sec of starting my engine, then endless stream of whiners when I decided to bomb the campers…..

Found a new hobby now hunting down mass formation mission that are up now and then try to reset themselves to the other corner of the map.  Up capped fields and defend hoping it brings a massive furball.  AND then there was the update which makes head hurt and my eyes watery when I fly with 1.9 gama.  (Trying to limit fights in akak’ sphere )…

Ho as for the game objective for HTC hmmmmm….

4 brees 3hr 20 min later hmmm………….
All you do is vulch & run
200 Impossible shot’s I’am sending this film to HTC (Spit 16 that lost a 4 v 1)
200 Is that all you can do is H O (P38 shot by my SBD)
200 Wow shoot me landing u **** bag of **** I had 6 kills
DarkStarJust lost 1 of my rockets vulching, you don’t hear me WHINE

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 02:47:21 AM »
I'm another one who wants an end-goal of which combat (in all its mechanized forms) is a part of. To whirl around in a furball just to do it is monotinous and a short-lived form of entertainment for me. No offense to those that enjoy different styles of play.:)
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 02:58:45 AM »
Originally posted by thndregg
I'm another one who wants an end-goal of which combat (in all its mechanized forms) is a part of. To whirl around in a furball just to do it is monotinous and a short-lived form of entertainment for me. No offense to those that enjoy different styles of play.:)

I agree 100%  (in part)

I LOVE taking a well defended field.  It's even better when the sides are even.  Nothing like nice good long slugfest over a field, win or loose.

It makes taking that field much more satisfying to me.

Hoarding undefended base, after undefended base get's old quick.  There is just no strategy there.  It might help "win the war" but geeeez, it's a total snore fest, and takes zero skill or strategy.

BUT taking on a field with even odds and eventually getting the capture...  Now THAT takes both skill and strategy.

And the only way you gonna get there is to "whirl around in a furball", but I like having an "end goal" to said furball.

(I especially like it when the defenders have a slight #'s advantage.  I dig havin' to work for it)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:00:51 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 03:44:31 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
I agree 100%  (in part)

:huh

I like men who are sure of what they think! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 04:15:25 AM »
Threat it like you would a talk radio show. on talk radio at the most 1% of the listeners call so you hear one extreme or the other. While most actual listeners are in the middle.

this place has a higher number that vocally participate but still there are more in the game that never post on the site and and even more that never visit. blow off what ever you see here and do what ever it is that made you decide 14 what ever a month is worth it. horde, vulche, cherry pick, milk run, pad your stats, gv, capture bases or what ever it is. some of the complaints here are ridicules and will exist till this game runs it's course. hell HO people, i love to sit at the Roulette Table and take my chances a bit more calculated but not as good as the 50/50 odd of a HO.

content of this post was made under the influnce of too much Crown. Spelling is the only thing that can be held against me, the rest is how i feel.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 04:23:11 AM by whiteman »