Author Topic: Training Squad  (Read 594 times)

Offline Vortex01

• Zinc Member
      • http://molalla.net/~reeds
Training Squad
« on: April 09, 2007, 09:29:35 AM »
I know this may not be the right forum for this but the squad I am starting is mainly a training and intro to squad ops. transitional squad. Transitional because I think many may out grow the level of training that will be geared to the newer pilot. Also the squad will not be focused on one type of plane, not even just on planes, we will want to use all vehicles and train in all kinds of ops.

What I would like is a few Pilots that would like to join and help with leading the squad, recriuting and of corse training. You don't have to be a "great" killer just have to know the mechanics and enjoy helping others learn.

New Pilots that want help and get tired of hearing the same response on the help channel, "it's in the online docs". Yes it may well be in the online docs but when you are up in the air you can't go and look it up right then. I know I didn't memorize the docs when I first got in the cockpit. Well we're here to help, well I am so far, hopefully more will join as trainers.

http://www.molalla.net/~reeds/

Above is the link to the page I just put up, get back to me if you want to join ar have any questions.
"The green field, red barn and the lone silo, it is all that captures me eye as I fly....."  Memories of Red Baron on INN

Offline SGoshawk

• Zinc Member
Training Squad
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 08:20:50 AM »
Ah, just what I'm looking for...getting tired of dying so often.  I'm new but I'd be happy to help you organize, advertise, or whatnot.

Offline jtoups

• Zinc Member
Training Squad
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »
I would liek to join as a nubee.  I sent an email to your site.  I just got the free trial yesterday, and as of now, I can take off, turn and do basic flight.  I can land, not exactly on the runway tho

I dont really understand how squads work, you'll have to take me through that process.  I would love to join your squad.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Training Squad
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
great idea :aok

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
Training Squad
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 07:19:38 PM »
Then, of course, is the Training Arena, where a squad of highly trained pilots already wait for you to come and learn to fly, answer all of your questions and continue your training for years to come.

Just a thought.

Offline Vortex01

• Zinc Member
Training arena
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 09:58:14 AM »
Yes the guy in the training arena do a great job of getting pilots started. the training team.

This squad assumes you have the basics down, of course we will help if you don't, but our main goal is to work on multi ship ops and live fire training. I hope to get the squad to parcipate in training arena clinics too.
"The green field, red barn and the lone silo, it is all that captures me eye as I fly....."  Memories of Red Baron on INN

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
Training Squad
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 10:15:26 AM »
This is a great thing you're doing Vortex.  I wish you well.  The folks in the TA are getting all they can handle.  A squad geared toward training its members is a real positive.

I hope you get tons of new members!  :aok
The Hay Street Boys

Offline Vortex01

• Zinc Member
Starting up
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »
Ok we have a few members now and will be setting a squad night and eventually some training scheduals. We could use a few more so look for us online.