Author Topic: Exchange of everyday screenshots anyone?  (Read 564037 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Exchange of everyday screenshots anyone?
« Reply #1215 on: October 28, 2008, 04:11:17 PM »
Ty Xasthur and dkff.  I just wanted to clarify about ho-ing so not to be thought a hypocrite.

I really like your first shot on the buffs, X. Tracers all over the place.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1216 on: October 28, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »

Yes i know, i fail completely to post aircraft related pics but where i come from this is an everyday screen shot :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #1217 on: October 28, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Yes i know, i fail completely to post aircraft related pics but where i come from this is an everyday screen shot :D
How did you find that picture of me.  :mad:
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1218 on: October 28, 2008, 04:58:49 PM »
i was hiding in your hand bag before you lost it and tore your dress up  :devil
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #1219 on: October 28, 2008, 05:01:04 PM »
i was hiding in your hand bag before you lost it and tore your dress up  :devil
:rofl :rofl
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #1220 on: October 28, 2008, 07:51:18 PM »
unless one is using the stall limiter i just dont understand this 'on rails' thing. This game has one of the most realistic 'feeling' FMs for a WW2 sim ive encountered. The thing that prooves this to me is that i turned off all the stall buzzer and buffet horns on the day they were added, and never had a problem 'feeling' the stall point of any aircraft. On rails? i just dont see it. Great screen shots though!

I've never used the stall limiter, I turned it off before I started my two week trial.

My comment must have sounded like a criticism, I just find that the 152 goes exactly where you point it but with that massive wingspan I find it doesn't perform split-second evasive manuevers as well as other German fighers. I've run up the back of my kills plenty of times in the 152  :lol

No complaints, I believe the 152 flies pretty much exactly like it should.

Cheers, mate.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #1221 on: October 29, 2008, 06:48:56 AM »
Taking care of a busted up squadie:

Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1222 on: October 29, 2008, 10:57:02 AM »
Ah i see what you mean. i always thought of 'on rails' as the older flight sims or something like IL2 where you are either 100% in control or 100% doomed. :salute

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #1223 on: October 29, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »
If you want something 'on rails' it's the 190D-9. The 152 is lacking lateral stability, you notice this immediately if you're flying with manual trim as you constantly have to adjust rudder trim and the a/c will always skid sideways as soon as you touch the controls. At low speeds this instability can be more than a handful and if you don't watch out will put you in a stall which is difficult to get out of. So I don't really agree with the 'on rails' attribute of the 152, at high speed maybe but definatly not at low speed.

Great shots though!  :aok

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #1224 on: October 29, 2008, 02:24:35 PM »
Xas, sometime when we meet in MA, i wouldnt mind flyin the 152 some, but im rusty in german iron, and squad doesnt fly it, would you be willing to fly it sometime with me?
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1225 on: October 29, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »
10 pages to 100! WOOT! ALOT of great SS's!  :salute

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #1226 on: October 29, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »
If you want something 'on rails' it's the 190D-9. The 152 is lacking lateral stability, you notice this immediately if you're flying with manual trim as you constantly have to adjust rudder trim and the a/c will always skid sideways as soon as you touch the controls. At low speeds this instability can be more than a handful and if you don't watch out will put you in a stall which is difficult to get out of. So I don't really agree with the 'on rails' attribute of the 152, at high speed maybe but definatly not at low speed.

Great shots though!  :aok

100% agreed. It really 'locks in' on where it's going when it's going fast, it's not like a Dora where you can just throw the stick to the left, kick a bit of rudder and even give the elevators a punching to throw it into a high speed snap stall to avoid running into things... If you're going fast in the 152 it's a harder to jink out of the way. That attribute makes it feel great for setting up big, high speed, sweeping passes on buffs, though. It just soars and feels so effortless.

Down low it's a massive handful but it can and does turn well (initially). It will turn inside spits for one or maybe two turns and if you keep on top of it, that stall is pretty easy to steer clear of. I'll have to test what speeds it will turn with Spits at, but I surprised myself (probably not as much as the Spit drivers, though  :P ) when I found myself turning with Spits (16s, VIIIs and Seafires) and gaining on them enough to pull lead on them.

Uberslet, I'm always happy to help you out with it. I'm no 152 master, though, I can only give you some tips to help you get acquainted with the monster. It is definitely my favourite ride at the moment, so I'll be spending a fair bit of time in it. I'm having more success with it than I ever have before.
Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #1227 on: October 29, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »
100% agreed. It really 'locks in' on where it's going when it's going fast, it's not like a Dora where you can just throw the stick to the left, kick a bit of rudder and even give the elevators a punching to throw it into a high speed snap stall to avoid running into things... If you're going fast in the 152 it's a harder to jink out of the way. That attribute makes it feel great for setting up big, high speed, sweeping passes on buffs, though. It just soars and feels so effortless.

Down low it's a massive handful but it can and does turn well (initially). It will turn inside spits for one or maybe two turns and if you keep on top of it, that stall is pretty easy to steer clear of. I'll have to test what speeds it will turn with Spits at, but I surprised myself (probably not as much as the Spit drivers, though  :P ) when I found myself turning with Spits (16s, VIIIs and Seafires) and gaining on them enough to pull lead on them.

Uberslet, I'm always happy to help you out with it. I'm no 152 master, though, I can only give you some tips to help you get acquainted with the monster. It is definitely my favourite ride at the moment, so I'll be spending a fair bit of time in it. I'm having more success with it than I ever have before.

You're better than most though. You know how to fly it and if I knew it was you, I'd run my living oscar off for home. :D
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #1228 on: October 29, 2008, 08:12:11 PM »

ill be bringin back an old account in the not so near future, so dont be surprised if you get a PM from MasonZ. anyways, im in US, and i belive you said that you wer in Australia, so time zone could be a problem. With that, ill send you a PM,  :salute and thank you for your time!
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #1229 on: October 29, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »
Hahaha, cheers SpikesX  :salute

No worries Mason, I'm am in Australia, so it probably will be a problem.

I fly between 8 and 11 am New York time, typically and to be honest, I'm not really sure how much I can tell you about flying the 152.

I have all guns at 300 yards, which is a little bit longer than usual for my 30mm guns and I probably should push the 20mms out to 400 or 425. Having the 30mm at 300 yards in the 152 seems to help me with pulling enough lead to get hits with it. It's not quite as easy to kick the nose around in the 152, so I give it that extra 100 yards over what I would in the 109s. I do the same with 190A8 30mm too.

My only other real tip would be to fly it like any other German fighter... When in doubt, nose up. Don't be afraid to turn it, it does turn well, especially at high speeds. Don't get stuck in a sustained circle turn, you'll start to struggle after a couple of turns. It does have flaps, so use them but past 1 notch they aren't combat flaps... you'll risk a typical 152 stall if you try to maneuver too much past 1 notch of flaps. 1 notch is perfect for bringing the nose back around at the top of a rope or loop, get them back in asap, though.

If you're trying to turn with someone, I find it really helps to climb a little whilst turning and then cut back in. If you miss your shot after this, you can disengage and climb a little to get a bit of separation in order to try and come back in over the top.

As for all aircraft, smooth is fast and fast is smooth... fly with that in mind, the 152 needs to be smooth much more than 109s and even 190s.

Remember, it's fast but the Dora is faster (below 25k). It won't run down everything but it will keep most planes honest at the very least. The 152 is a Dora that can turn well and hit hard. It can be unstable and in order to gain that turning ability you lose the rolling ability, so you need to think 'turn' rather than 'roll' when it comes to evading.

The person we need to speak to regarding tips on how to get the best of the 152 is Moot. I remember once, he turned the tables on me when I was in a 109K 5k off the deck at low speeds, flaps out. I missed my firing opportunities and he turned the tables on me and sawed my 109 to pieces. The 152 is definitely a capable dogfighter.
Raw Prawns
Australia