Author Topic: New Rudders  (Read 278 times)

Offline CrazyOWl

• Zinc Member
New Rudders
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »
Iam traying to get a new rudders for the sim. Anyone have a good susjestion.

Tnhkz

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New Rudders
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 02:15:33 PM »
Saitek or CH Pro would be my suggestion. I'd like a pair of Saitek peds, but I have ancient CH (non-PRO) pedals now, and can't afford anything better.

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
New Rudders
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »
i use CH Pro peds. i hear Saitek makes some nice ones.

Offline CrazyOWl

• Zinc Member
New Rudders
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 08:56:08 PM »
Tnhkz for the quick answer. But I have another one.

I read that they have some trouble to be stable in the floor, I read that for the saitek, dont remember about the CH but I just whant to know if you guys know anthing of this.

I have a problem that i cant secure them in the floor with anything cause I have worked floor, so if thas a real problem that they dont secure well by the self.

LEt me know.

CrazyOwl.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New Rudders
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 09:38:14 PM »
theres 1001 ways to keep them from sliding on your floor /carpet .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
New Rudders
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 10:36:07 PM »
Mine are on a carpeted floor.  I attached the hook side of some heavy duty self adhesive velcro to the bottom of the pedals at several locations and they don't go anywhere no matter how hard I push on them.  I did not attach velcro to the floor.  The hooks grip the carpet well. I think the the pedals might break before moving.   I don't know if I had a 1,000 other ideas but I had a bunch that would have worked.  Velcro was just neat and easy.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
New Rudders
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 08:13:45 AM »
Originally posted by CrazyOWl
Tnhkz for the quick answer. But I have another one.

I read that they have some trouble to be stable in the floor, I read that for the saitek, dont remember about the CH but I just whant to know if you guys know anthing of this.

I have a problem that i cant secure them in the floor with anything cause I have worked floor, so if thas a real problem that they dont secure well by the self.

LEt me know.

CrazyOwl.

go to Home Depot and for about $10 or less get yourself a small entry mat like you would have on the inside by your front or back door.
they have them with an anti slip backing on them and place the pedals on that
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
New Rudders
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »
i wedged a piece of wood strapping to the back side of my desk (the floor is concrete). the pedals slide right up to them and dont go farther.  of course duct tape would work too

Offline CrazyOWl

• Zinc Member
New Rudders
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 06:16:18 PM »
OK tnhkz for all the imput, And i got the point.

I just ask cause i spen like $900 in a new wood floor and dint whant to F$%^ it up lol. but tnhkz.

So for what I read the CH rudder are better than the saitek cause the Ch are more hard for resistence and the saitek the plastic is kind of weak.

Just another comment.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
New Rudders
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 08:06:59 PM »
I have CH pedals and they will slide on a wood floor if you don't find a way to secure them. The board between the pedals and the wall should work fine.  just make sire there is a space where the cable comes out of the base of the pedals so it's not jammed againdt the board.  I suspect the Saitek pedals will slide too.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL