Author Topic: help for noobs  (Read 312 times)

Offline ocelote

• Zinc Member
help for noobs
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:44:43 PM »
Well, my suggestion maybe sounds unfair for most of people, but I will enable some kind of help for the new players, like a cross with the real place where the bullets are going if you are turning (in the convergence point) or the estimated path, maybe 300 feet for every enemy plane, where you can see where the enemy is going if he keeps the joystik in the same position.

As I said, maybe this sound unfair, but I only will enable this help for players with less than... 20 kills, or with x points, because when you start to play, is very, very difficult (and frustrating) to shoot down a plane, and this help will motivate you to keep playing and learn how the basics of firing is, and the physics in the game in a real enviroment. Because training offline or in the traning arena is so different and boring, that many newbies will left the game.

Just an idea

p.d. sorry for my english

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
help for noobs
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 06:17:07 AM »
Your English is fine though :aok

There already is a crosshair that points where your bullets will land, but it's only enabled by hosts in the H2H.

In my experience, it's still frustrating and hard to shoot down enemy planes at the 'experienced' level :D
But I think it motivates more to keep playing if it's hard to do, people will get so frustrated that they'll try even harder to kill the red 'uns!

And training in offline is really a good place, you can just shoot at planes flying level and same speed, a good target to practice on!

Offline ocelote

• Zinc Member
help for noobs
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 07:01:37 AM »
learn the basics in the offline game is a good start point, but in the real game, almost nobody is flying leveled and constant speed, that means in the begining it is very frustrating, because you are not able to apply what you have already practice.

My suggestion is aimed to the newest players only, because in the beggining is almost imposible to shoot down anything, and this will help, at least, to understand where the bullets are going.

thanks for your reply ^^

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
help for noobs
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
If you are a subscriber, you could also join the Training Arena (TA), there's usually someone experienced around willing to give 'noobs' some practice, and even a good target :D

Offline oldtard

• Copper Member
help for noobs
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
i am still a noob myself (going on 10 weeks now) and i agree it is very hard when you start playing to get a kill, when i got my first kill omg it was awsome and i was hooked BUT i dont think i would have been as happy if i would have had some kind of aid to help me.