Author Topic: A Rant  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
A Rant
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 08:24:15 AM »
Originally posted by 68Boomer

Dichotomy.....Your kidding me, Texas Tax's your gameplay????? :huh

Yep... it's my only whine and I hold it dearly.  I pet it, talk to it, and make sure it's mine forever. :lol  I like to toss it out there every now and then to see if Skuzzy or Hitech will smite me for moaning about $1.08 a month... I mean  thats TWELVE WHOLE BEERS A YEAR.  :cry

In all seriousness this is my opinion and mine only.  There is a fine line between constructive criticism which should be posted in the bugs forum or the wishlist forum.  

It's really tiresome to see the same subjects rehashed over and over and over and over again.  

I think HTC does a fantastic job of putting out a very affordable and entertaining product that provides me a ton of options.  Log on and nobody is in AVA, there's nothing interesting going on in any of the arenas, I'll pop over to the TA and either get some schooling or help a new guy out.   If I'm not feeling the whole fight thing I'll go offline and play around with a plane or a vehicle that I don't usually mess with just in case I need to use one someday.  

Not only that but the core players as much as they can snipe at each other on the boards and in the air are, generally speaking, a great group of folks.  I've seen members who were pursefighting one week come to each others aid and support when someone had a personal and real life tragedy.  There's people on this board that my first impression of them wasn't too favorable but having gotten to know them away from the swordfights they're really great guys.  

There's always going to be bad apples and punks in a large group of people but by in large I think this is one of the best games and the best communities ever.

But that's just MY opinion and since I'm the whole $1.08 in a hole per month I'm allowed to have it. ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
A Rant
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 08:46:31 AM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:59:57 AM by hitech »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
A Rant
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 09:30:02 AM »
awww man, i was just trying to make light of the situation hitech.  

didnt mean to be abusive or disrespectful.

sorry if it came off that way.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
A Rant
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 10:09:14 AM »
did you smite me JB? I thought I felt something ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
A Rant
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 10:50:50 AM »
Originally posted by JB88
aren't the whole rant about beating a dead horse threads a bit like beating a dead flea on a dead horse?

JB88, I do believe Sir you asked me if I was advocating people just canceling their account without expressing an opinion, or words to that effect. The last paragraph in my original post touch's on that. Express an opinion, but over and over and over again is not going to solve it. Say it once, see if anything is done, then let it go. It is the Ad Nauseum whining that really gets to some people on occasion.

Dichotomy...I am still sitting here dumbfounded about that $1.08 Game Tax. I sure hope California never gets wind of it. And what you say about the majority of these folks in here is right on the nailhead. I was convinced of the togetherness in here, Freind and Foe alike, when I saw what I saw at 68KO's memorial flight.

to you all and see you in the sky. (Hint.....I am the one with the bull's eye painted on his tail, trailing the sign saying 'Shoot Me')

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
A Rant
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 11:03:15 AM »
but youve ignored my question: isn't continuing to defend your rant against rant threads which over-rant a form of over-ranting in and of itself which might best be illustrated with an image of a man beating a dead paramecium on the body of a dead flea on a dead horse...by the dead sea?

:confused:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
A Rant
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »
Originally posted by JB88
but youve ignored my question: isn't continuing to defend your rant against rant threads which over-rant a form of over-ranting in and of itself which might best be illustrated with an image of a man beating a dead paramecium on the body of a dead flea on a dead horse...by the dead sea?

:confused:

Illustrate it as you wish. I simply expressed my opinoin on the apparent excess of ranting about the same old issues. As my suggestion indicates, I'll see if it does anything towards lessening the amount of repetative whining. If it does, good, if it doesn't, Oh Well and I'll just keep spending my $14.95 a month, (You have my condolences Dichotomy) and continue to have fun.

Sir

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
A Rant
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 11:24:03 AM »
The reason for the tax is the company is based in Texas therefore sales tax in state applies.  

You know I've been wondering where my shoot me banner went... I'll give you a buffalo nickel if you'll give it back. :D

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
A Rant
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »
I'll see if it does anything towards lessening the amount of repetative whining.

i don't care who you are...that there is some funny.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
A Rant
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 11:38:26 AM »

Dichotomy...I am still sitting here dumbfounded about that $1.08 Game Tax. I sure hope California never gets wind of it. And what you say about the majority of these folks in here is right on the nailhead. I was convinced of the togetherness in here, Freind and Foe alike, when I saw what I saw at 68KO's memorial flight.

Not to hijack but, in all legality if your local state charges sales tax on services you should be paying the sales tax on AH. Thing is, it's hard to enforce and collect unless the customer is located in the state the business is in. There has been a lot of talk regarding universal enforcement of sales tax but the Internet commerce community is very much against it.

Lucky for me FL does not charge sales tax on services. :aok

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
A Rant
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 12:11:20 PM »
As I said above it's the only thing I can find to whine about as far as this game or community goes.  In the big scheme of whines it's not really very powerful.  There are far more controversial and polarizing whines.  But it is mine.  I mean after this is all over can I like get a hug or something? :cry

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
A Rant
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 12:15:15 PM »
I always complain about having too much fun in AH
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
A Rant
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 12:24:26 PM »
well THAT's just going totally against culture... you rebel you :D

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
A Rant
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 08:02:10 PM »
There is a difference in life and in business between (1) constructive, respectful suggestions for change and (2) negative, annoying bashing -- even when the core of the recommended change is the same.  (1) is good, contributes to improvements, and does it in a way that doesn't alienate you or annoy everyone invovled.  (2) is not good, often does not result in improvements, and does it in a way that alienates the source and annoys everyone involved.

1:  "I would like to suggest that red is a better color for that because . . ."

2:  "Red is way better than the color you picked, which sucks, and you don't know what you're doing if you don't think so.  I know because I'm an expert in this, and I know a hell of a lot more about it than you do."

If you are practicing (1), you are doing what companies (if not individuals) typically want you to do:  give feedback on what you, the customer, consider an improvement, but doing it in a way that does not denegrate the product, denegrate the company, or alienate other customers.

There are a lot of people, though, who practice (2) and then are perplexed as to why no one ever wants or takes their advice.

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
A Rant
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 10:20:24 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
You know I've been wondering where my shoot me banner went... I'll give you a buffalo nickel if you'll give it back. :D

Maybe in a bit....:D

Having too much fun when a horde swarms me like a bunch of hungry mosquitos:D