Author Topic: Falcnwng  (Read 17510 times)

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
so any multiplane dogfight in ww2 involved pickers??

Yep, your slow but you're getting it. Don't beat yourself up, we all learn at our own pace. Babysteps will get you there...no pressure.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Falc, you just don't get it.

We don't have a c. o., we aren't organized, we are best described as a rabble. You have to deal with us as what we are, individuals. We really don't employ any tactics, we don't gather in the tower to up in force, and Storch can't herd cats any better than anyone else.

I glean from your writings that you want to emulate the MA with the same planes, even numbers, controlled circumstances, and....I'm sorry...laughing so hard it hurts...can't finish this paragraph...excuse me...be right back.

Look it's simple. If you want to fight us just catch a bunch of us on sometime and we'll gladly go do any kind of controlled circumstance, duely thing you want. Better yet start spending a little time in AvA, come in on Thursdays with the Mutts, Chickentails, and Gumfights.  We do make some effort to congregate on those days.  A couple times a month you may find 5 or 6 of us on at the same time and we'll go do whatever kind of fight you want, so you can prove whatever it is your trying prove.

kong are clueless???  seriously...have you even read this thread which (big suprise for ya) is named after me because your squaddie/c.o/whatever was asking for this (check out the thread starter location)...and from the very beginning it was discussed as 4 v4 or 5 v5 never as individual duels...

im sorry that you guys are getting cold feet and if you wish to just not do it...im ok with that too...but you and larry suddenly throwing up new obstacles and ideas and excuses ("you see we arent organized at all and cant herd cats blah blah blah") seems kind of chicken to me...this is after you did nothing but post about how much you wanted to do this

as for tonight being a bad night for larry and storch...i can understand that and am willing to reschedule a night that works....the only thing that is not fair is that we picked the night...but again, if you read the posts, you guys were ready to go anytime anywhere.....

so the only response i guess i need is:

1. yayyy we get to do the squad duels

or

2. no, we wont do the squad duel

AND

if tonight is good or you need another night or specific time change...
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2007, 12:48:51 PM »
kong are clueless???
:rofl Is that a statement, a question, or what. Only thing I'm sure of it's indicative.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #318 on: May 11, 2007, 12:50:22 PM »
Falcon I dont know where you read it but when did we say we don't want to have the "squad duel". I think you are the one that needs to read over the posts. Just to get it right a "pick" is when you kill someone who is sixing or on another. You may call it wingman tactics but it is what it is, and thats all its going to be tonight if it happens. We merge and start picking the guys on our squadies then gang up on the last guy. Like I siad before I'v never done a "squad duel" and did'nt know if it was going to be a big furball or five individual fights. In no way are we scared or trying to back out of this we are jsut trying to get all the facts straight so no one goes crying foul when they die. Another thing is we arent organized we DON'T fly in a big horde like I see you guys doing and if we see one of us in a fight we only jump in if they ask us to. You can ask any Jg54 member and most rooks when I see a 1v1 I always ask "you need some help?" if they say no or dont answer I move along. I dont HO unless Im geting ganged or the other guy HOs me more then three times and I hardly gang/pick. I dont know about the BoPs but Id rather be in a good 1v1 then a furball anyday, and rather be in the AvA then the MA also but thats just me.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Falcnwng
« Reply #319 on: May 11, 2007, 01:23:35 PM »
Hey Falcon, I fyo cant dual these other guys, Id like to take the challenge. WE may loose, but I think it would be a blast an half.

Look me up, or heres my email.
I can provide 10-12 players at any time.

Cheers
Floatsup.

Or for that matter any squad out there that would like to dual let me know. It would be a very good learning curve for us all. Our ACM is just coming together, and need more Fighter wingman practice, what a better way then a dual. THe only rule I would ask is No Ho on initial merge, after that no garuntees, unless stated otherwise.

Maybe Ceiling of aorund 8k.

PM me here, and shoot ya my email

Cheers
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #320 on: May 11, 2007, 05:41:31 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Falcon I dont know where you read it but when did we say we don't want to have the "squad duel". I think you are the one that needs to read over the posts. Just to get it right a "pick" is when you kill someone who is sixing or on another. You may call it wingman tactics but it is what it is, and thats all its going to be tonight if it happens. We merge and start picking the guys on our squadies then gang up on the last guy. Like I siad before I'v never done a "squad duel" and did'nt know if it was going to be a big furball or five individual fights. In no way are we scared or trying to back out of this we are jsut trying to get all the facts straight so no one goes crying foul when they die. Another thing is we arent organized we DON'T fly in a big horde like I see you guys doing and if we see one of us in a fight we only jump in if they ask us to. You can ask any Jg54 member and most rooks when I see a 1v1 I always ask "you need some help?" if they say no or dont answer I move along. I dont HO unless Im geting ganged or the other guy HOs me more then three times and I hardly gang/pick. I dont know about the BoPs but Id rather be in a good 1v1 then a furball anyday, and rather be in the AvA then the MA also but thats just me.

Man, larry i wish everyone asked before they jumped in on a fight,
  i fly alone often and its sucks when im in a great 1 vs 1 then all of a sudden there's like 5 to 8 more all gunnin for me, but thats the MA for ya.
    i do think you are a very good stick, and i had great fun dueling ya, you turned that 110 awesome.
       i recently found the targeting in offline play, so i'm trying to get my targeting skillz up to par,i need some serious practice.

I thought "pick" meant, when one pilot had a large alt advantage and drops down to kill someone low. BnZ style.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #321 on: May 11, 2007, 05:45:08 PM »

I just lost two pitons and a carabiner on this wall of text....
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #322 on: May 11, 2007, 05:50:57 PM »
Originally posted by 4deck
Hey Falcon, I fyo cant dual these other guys, Id like to take the challenge. WE may loose, but I think it would be a blast an half.

Look me up, or heres my email.
I can provide 10-12 players at any time.

Cheers
Floatsup.

Or for that matter any squad out there that would like to dual let me know. It would be a very good learning curve for us all. Our ACM is just coming together, and need more Fighter wingman practice, what a better way then a dual. THe only rule I would ask is No Ho on initial merge, after that no garuntees, unless stated otherwise.

Maybe Ceiling of aorund 8k.

PM me here, and shoot ya my email

Cheers

would love to floatsup...i'm sure it would be fun!!!

:aok

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2007, 05:55:28 PM »
Now for the jg54..im still waiting for the answer to the questions:

a.  do you still want to squad duel?
b.  is tonight 9pm est ok?

storchs last post said he would let us know by lunch and i dont have a pm or post...and the other 2 members seem more interested in excuses...

larry..ill state once again...the ONLY reason we are doing this is because storch asked for it...if this is not your or your squad's style then say so and we can call it off...it will not reflect poorly on you if this is not a good environment for your squad to demonstrate its skill and i get it...i guess it was the chest thumping rhetoric earlier that leaves me baffled:huh

and how can the AvA vs DA be any different unless its the limited plane set you are hoping for???? i assume you werent planning 1v1 in the AvA?

Oh well...hope we can have some sort of answer soon...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #324 on: May 11, 2007, 05:59:16 PM »

storchs last post said he would let us know by lunch and i dont have a pm or post...and the other 2 members seem more interested in excuses...

larry..ill state once again...the ONLY reason we are doing this is because storch asked for it...if this is not your or your squad's style then say so and we can call it off...it will not reflect poorly on you if this is not a good environment for your squad to demonstrate its skill and i get it...i guess it was the chest thumping rhetoric earlier that leaves me baffled:huh

and how can the AvA vs DA be any different unless its the limited plane set you are hoping for???? i assume you werent planning 1v1 in the AvA?

Oh well...hope we can have some sort of answer soon...

I'll even talk to my squad.   I'll pm you or talk to you in game Falc.   BTW, I'd prefer the furball style.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #325 on: May 11, 2007, 06:00:32 PM »
... Just to get it right a "pick" is when you kill someone who is sixing or on another...

please refer me to the ACM book you are referring to for your official definition? Shaw's perhaps???  Now i DO know shaw's has extensive ideas on how multi plane combat and wingman tactics should occur...but maybe you think that is crap too....

i understand you prefer to drag race vs run a nascar track...but you do realize you are flying a flight sim that does NOT promote 1 v1 so why you would rather be good at essentially a merge tactic then ACM is beyond my comprehension...

and that by the way is the difference between individual duels and squad v squad...is it about a merge or is it about communication and working together....maybe that is why our squads dont see eye to eye...;)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2007, 06:42:37 PM »

a. yes
b. 90% yes
I was taking about how this is going to be a furball referring to something you said about this is what they do in the MA. What I ment was I am and always will be a AvA tard and rather fly there because you get better fights there and not get picked or ganged everytime you get in a fight.

please refer me to the ACM book you are referring to for your official definition?

You tell me what a cherypick is? Because in the six years Iv been here its ALWAYS been "whn you jump someone who is already fighting someone else". You may call it wingman tacics but a pick is a pick.

...but you do realize you are flying a flight sim that does NOT promote 1 v1 so why you would rather be good at essentially a merge tactic then ACM is beyond my comprehension...

Thought this was a WWII combat sim. Just because the MAs dont permote 1v1 dont mean the whole game doesnt. Jg54 used to fly as a squad in hordes back in the day but we dont do that anymore. We like to keep our squad small and youll be lucky to get six people on, on any given day. Even then we might be in the same sector but we dont fly wing to wing as a horde.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

storch

Falcnwng
« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
boy you guys have been busy!!!    howdy falc.  I just got home right now.  I'm going to shower and take a napper.  I'll be in the DA around midnight.  maybe some JG54 guys will show up if not I'll fight all four or five of you then.  I mean it's not like I haven't done it before.  see you soon.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #328 on: May 11, 2007, 08:45:12 PM »
I went up agenst 5 of them it was a blood bath plane parts were falling from all parts of the sky. Or did I, I cant remember what happened 10mins ago. :p
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Falcnwng
« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2007, 11:21:22 PM »
um storch we were there at 9pm...5 bops...only 2 jg (truekill and vwexx) showed up and one said he didnt have a joystick....there were 2 jg in other arenas but they didnt come? (wildsau and tbarone)

if you cant make a time pls let me know...we posted on the board all day...
wasted my evening waiting til 10:30 because truekill said more might show up...its now midnight and truekill just pm'd me you are here...im hitting the hay and most of my guys who wanted to duel are long gone...maybe another night...

falc