Author Topic: Cool New Rv8 Skin  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Cool New Rv8 Skin
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 11:38:10 AM »
First of all, Karma, bad form. You're outta line, man. Re-read the thread. For the most part it's fairly benign until Sting comes in and says we all have no lives and are jealous of bennybeaver. Sting started the crap.

Further he starts shouting (using caps) at TK to "PUT UP OR SHUT UP" -- so I pointed out that Larry already had "put up" in that he has many skins in the game already.

The point was, perhaps he might know a thing or two about skinning.

The hostility comes mostly from Sting here, with a small helping from Larry.

Don't go yelling at us when we don't have anything to do with it, Karma.

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
Cool New Rv8 Skin
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 12:11:23 PM »
And i wonder, do you use default skins karma?
<S>
Toad

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Cool New Rv8 Skin
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »
I do not use default skins.
"And i suppose now is the time you would request me to thank everyone who made skins to further inhance aces high. or not use them at all because i do not agree with the "im better than you for whatever reason" argument. If i dont like someone's views im still able to use the product."
right?

Because i do use them.
Yup.

"Edit" Crusty, it was not a bash on anyone who spends there time & effort to help make this community better. was rather a ill temperd rant on how someone would rather stick another person under there thumb and proclame how inferrior they are, but not take the same time to give the guy some tips on becoming better.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:17:03 PM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
Cool New Rv8 Skin
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 02:43:58 PM »
I cant speak for others, but the only reason i even said anything is because of the respect i have for the major skinners (Truekill [Larry], Greebo, Krusty, Kev, Rogerdee, Etc.) I have dipped my hand in skinning, and because of this i see what it takes to do skins. And My black Hurricane, has been a trouble that has had me getting up at all times of the night because I've had an epiphany on what i could do to make it better.

And as serenity said 4 posts up, lets all just step back and let this fade into memory. After all, "E-peen" fights aren't even worth the effort.

I have a suggestion for anyone who doesn't have respect for the skinners. Go out and get  photo editing software, and make a skin. You will find out yourself, what it takes to do what they do.
<S>
Toad

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Cool New Rv8 Skin
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 03:31:42 PM »
I havent seen this thread in awhile or else Iv said somehting. kaRmA I don't need a pat on the back from anyone but when someone says "nice job" or something its a good thing to hear after all the work I put into them. And if you've ever tryed to make one you'd see its alot of work to make one from scrach. I was saying why do people try to skin something that you can't even fly in an arena other then the H2H. His "skin" isnt a skin its a cut and paste.

Sting138 I was trying to make a point that cut and pasteing something isnt skining. My dog can't but I bet my little 12yr old sister who cant even use photoshop can cut and paste something. There no way in hell Id be jealous of that skin. If you ever pay for the game and try out the MA youll se that Iv made many skins. I'm not as good as krusty, fester, Kev, and others but all of my skins look better then his.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Cool New Rv8 Skin
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 06:07:30 PM »
Yeah i too know how hard it is to skin a model.
To anyone who i offended by saying "your nothing special"
I take that back, if your skills were not valuable i would have "begged" people to skin my models all these years.

Was simply heated with the conversations and views of others.

Dang thing's take me a hour to make, and three days to skin.

<> to you skinners.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Cool New Rv8 Skin
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 06:34:03 PM »
I dont know what that is and dont know if your trying to be sarcastic, but with rivits, panel lines, markings, weahting, paint chiping, and then the painting it takes a long time to get things to look right. If I have to start form scrach it can take me atlease 24hours of detailed work to get a skin good enough to submit. The thing I was picking on hm about was all he did was cut and paste and non WW2 plane that HT only told us about so we can screw around in it. It has no guns and is only enabled in the TA so that should tell you something. Oly way to use it is if someone builds it into thier H2H map and theres no way HTC would think about accepting it if he were to submit it.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
Cool New Rv8 Skin
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »
I gotta say Larry, Good job on that 190A5 Grunherz skin, the white one. I love that thing, and would not be caught in that bird without that skin. :aok
<S>
Toad

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Cool New Rv8 Skin
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »
Thanks as you can see that was one of my first skins and I'm redoing that one, as I am with all my 190 skins and my niki skin. Also going to try to get two more niki skins in.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner