Author Topic: Newbie VOX question  (Read 506 times)

Offline duddini

• Zinc Member
Newbie VOX question
« on: April 25, 2007, 11:29:09 AM »
Is there a channel on radio 5 in the MA for general talk/dumb questions ??

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 11:54:14 AM »
No I don't believe so I know there was originally going to be a ch but no one ever used it I believe.  I could be wrong though.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 04:04:46 PM »
I almost hesitate to mention it, but I do my generic "asking" on chnl 200.  I always end up getting a decent answer or two.  I do limit my questions to the "non-basic" stuff though.  For example- "Anybody know how I can get my connection better?  To minimize warping?" Etc.  or "What convergence seems best with the .50 cals on the Pony?"

I don't ask for the most basic info, stuff you could easily find out by looking at the help file or by visiting the TA for a bit, and working with a trainer.  I'm not saying you can't do that, but I don't expect you would get much help.

I'd avoid asking things like "How do I get my landing gear down?" or "How do I calibrate the bombsite?"  Those are good questions to be sure, but are sure to get some smart remarks or be ignored.

One question everyone would like to see on 200 though is "I'm flying a goon from A2 to A5 on the deck- can somebody tell me the best route?"

Chnl 200 broadcasts to everyone tuned to it, regardless of country.  So if you are a Knight, Rooks and Bishops will see what you type.  So beware...

The Chnl 200 banter can be nice, or it can be harsh.  Some can't live with it, some can't live without it...

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline McDeath

• Nickel Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 09:19:47 PM »
on any radio channel you can tune to the help channel its orange and its #6 , not sure if you can tune it to vox or not, but  there is always helpfull people both new and old there, yuo can also go to the Training Areana instead of the Main
flying as                     
Voudou  III/JG11 BOG
71Sqn./USMC
When we are done with you, you are going to wish your Daddy pulled out early!
"Then throw caution to the wind, buy a one way ticket to furball city and pop

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 10:24:33 AM »
I always use country channel but like mtnman my questions are a little more advanced like "what's the key command to move join requests to the text buffer" or "Anyone know how to display squad icons?".

When you are in flight you can always go to options/set-up/map keys on the clipboard to see what the key-mapping is for basic flight functions.  Sadly, most players will either ingnore or insult you if you haven't taken the initiative to get the basics down yourself.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 09:37:05 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
 Sadly, most players will either ignore or insult you if you haven't taken the initiative to get the basics down yourself.

:lol
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 09:52:55 PM »
most of the basic questions can be answered by visiting

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/
or
http://www.netaces.org

This http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/quickref/quickref.pdf is a very useful one page reference to the most useful commands in the game.  

Good luck to you sir

:aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
I always use country channel but like mtnman my questions are a little more advanced like "what's the key command to move join requests to the text buffer" or "Anyone know how to display squad icons?".

When you are in flight you can always go to options/set-up/map keys on the clipboard to see what the key-mapping is for basic flight functions.  Sadly, most players will either ingnore or insult you if you haven't taken the initiative to get the basics down yourself.

When I was new I always kept the help page up with the key commands so I could alt-tab to it---most the basic questions/key commands are contained in that page--and as has been stated, if your question isnt something like.."why wont my plane go faster".ya can usually get a decent answer in the MA
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline m1a11524

• Zinc Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 06:11:40 PM »
when do i get my radio back its been more than 4 days:cry :cry

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 07:31:49 PM »
And don't forget that all the keyboard commands can be found from the clipboard. Discover the mysteries of Aces High - explore the clipboard. :)

Offline duddini

• Zinc Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 09:39:33 AM »
Thanks for all the help guys. I've read everything I can get my hands on (netaces.org is great), my questions are more along the lines of "what is a good convergence for a newbie in a nikki? ", or "should I be keeping my nikki below 200 mph so I can use flaps?". Dumb questions probably, I guess I can learn as I go --> and die alot :(

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Newbie VOX question
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 10:40:47 AM »
Nope, those are good questions for this or the aircraft and vehicles forum.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.