Author Topic: "shoot & scoot TD"........  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
"shoot & scoot TD"........
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 11:43:09 AM »
Originally posted by kennyhayes
yeah than maybe we could have a m1 abhrams non perked
{in a sarcastic voice}

m1 abhrams?new U.S tank?:rolleyes:
just playing (psst its M1Abrams):noid
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline NitroFish

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 08:59:26 AM »

More M-18 info

SdKfz. 234/3 - 75mm KwK 37 L/24
Short barrel 75mm, not an antitank gun.
CPR

Offline Willfly

• Copper Member
Re: "shoot & scoot TD"........
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 03:58:42 PM »
Originally posted by humble
Having fooled around a bit with the M-8 I think the M-18 would be a logical addition. It's got a 76mm gun so it wouldnt be a "perk ride" {or shouldnt be}. It could travel at 75 mph and shoot at 45mph. would be a logical anti spawn weapon since it could move fast enough to defend spawn from Vbases....

I like the idea, but you got the part about the speed wrong, it travels right around 75 KPH  not MPH. Still a pretty good idea based on my research about it. :aok

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 06:03:20 PM »
As it stands the M-8 can go after lightly armored targets; M-16s, M-3s, LVTs, and  other M-8s.  It can damage Panzers, and Shermans, with difficulty, and a well placed shot will kill them.  However it can not damage Tigers and T-34s.  That little 37mm popgun can not penetrate the thick armor of the Tiger, or  is deflected by the sloping armor of the T-34.  IMHO the M-8 trades firepower for speed,  wich makes it a balanced ride.  

Look at how the vehicles are balanced speed/firepower wise.  You will see that the fast movers are the most lightly armed.  Hitech has ballanced vehicles to the point where you have to choose: Do I want to get there quick, or do I want to kill everything that gets in my sights.

If you introduce something like the M-18 that has speed and enough firepower to take on the "BIG" boys, you will fundamentally change the game ballance.  I don't think Hitech will go for that.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: "shoot & scoot TD"........
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 04:58:15 AM »
Originally posted by Willfly
I like the idea, but you got the part about the speed wrong, it travels right around 75 KPH  not MPH. Still a pretty good idea based on my research about it. :aok

Well, my source says that it WAS in fact mph, and not kph!

Offline theNewB

• Copper Member
      • http://www.greatergermany.net
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »
one word Hetzer :)

BTW M18  max speed was 88.5km/h aka 55MPH so close but not that close and thats max ROAD speed 99% of what we do in aces high is offroad so cut speed in half and thats what it will go for AH
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:03:59 AM by theNewB »

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »
Originally posted by theNewB
one word Hetzer :)

BTW M18  max speed was 88.5km/h aka 55MPH so close but not that close and thats max ROAD speed 99% of what we do in aces high is offroad so cut speed in half and thats what it will go for AH

So the Tiger's top speed was about 50 mph on road?  wow!
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars