Author Topic: Setup for the week starting May 4th: Aleutian  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Setup for the week starting May 4th: Aleutian
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 10:19:42 AM »
now that's more like it lol :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 10:50:38 AM »
Originally posted by Skyfoxx
Not trying to be negative here, but I have one small gripe, not so much about the setup but about how some setups are advertised.
Since it has been stated time and time again that the AvA arena is not nor will ever be a historical arena, but it is an axis vs allied arena, can we please refrain from calling this an Aleutians Campaign as if the setup is historical. There is nothng historical about a Ki61 in 1942 Aleutians.
I understand why you have the KI61 there, but please don't describe or insinuate that setups are historical when they are not, that goes for any setup.

Other than that it looks good to me. Oldman is right about the terrain. It is one of the nicest terrains made to date imo.

and thanks for the feedback. Maybe I should put "what-if" in the title or add a line in the "Arena message" saying that the planeset isn't historically accurate. Leaving the Ki61 out would be an option too, but it would leave the axis with just one fighter... So I'll go add the line about non-historical planeset for now.

Eagler, yes it is possible to set the ack to lower damage settings, but there's no separate setting for field or fleet acks so it would effect field acks as well. They're now at 0.25 of their MA values. And yes, the fleet hardness can be set if the fleets are too easily sunk.

And as a reminder to all: The terrain download in game didn't seem to work for me, I had to download the terrain from here http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AHALEUTIAN.EXE before I was able to get in to the arena.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline allmetal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 10:57:14 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
Don't be an arse, everybody was using the 20k airstart and at one point last night all of us were at alt disadvantage.  880 was down in the dirt fighting all night long last night.

If you makes you happy we will gladly fly IJ next week and you can have the Allied rides.

It's not the maps, the planesets, the substitutions, or the AvA staff that keeps the AvA from becoming what it truly should be.  It's mouthy little punks like you.  So pitch in or leave.

Because of JG54 AND 880 the AvA has had a pulse the last couple of weeks. You little pos.

pull your horns in dummy!I wasn`t refering to the airstart at all.My point is that none of the allied planes will turn with IJN and therefore will be used as BnZ.You want an example?How about the last PTO setup when i told you to fornicate yourself......which BTW you can do right now as well.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 11:02:43 AM »
Don't be an arse, everybody was using the 20k airstart and at one point last night all of us were at alt disadvantage.  880 was down in the dirt fighting all night long last night.

If you makes you happy we will gladly fly IJ next week and you can have the Allied rides.

It's not the maps, the planesets, the substitutions, or the AvA staff that keeps the AvA from becoming what it truly should be.  It's mouthy little punks like you.  So pitch in or leave.

Because of JG54 AND 880 the AvA has had a pulse the last couple of weeks. You little pos.

Last few days I was in there a few 880th would up a few sectors back while Im on the deck waiting fir them. Wow you cll other people mouthy little punks but look at what your saying. Just like last night A P47 was B&Zin me for 5mins then when he looses alt and we start turning you drop in and pick me. Then the very next fight I see you on the deck on Tbar so I dive in and pick you back and you start whining and blabing off.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 11:11:19 AM »
OK, I don't care who started it.  Stop it.  Now.

All of us enjoy the AvA as it is meant to be.  It is exactly this kind of "he was mean to me" talk that was at the root of the departure of too many people from our arena.

If you gentlemen want the AvA to be more than a ghost town - and it is starting to show some signs of life now, happily - will you please shut your traps and behave?

Thank you.

- oldman

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »
but they started it :(
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 11:15:55 AM »
38G's?  

I'll be stopping in this next week.  :)
IMHO the historical setup has to just be a base.  With the planeset gaps there have to be considerations for gameplay,  I think the ki-61 is a great addition in this capacity.  It will be vastly more competitive than the A6M2, against the 38's, and P40E.  

If we can get some IJN competition I'll see if I can haul the 80th into the AvA if we have someone to shoot at.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 11:28:26 AM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
and thanks for the feedback. Maybe I should put "what-if" in the title or add a line in the "Arena message" saying that the planeset isn't historically accurate. Leaving the Ki61 out would be an option too, but it would leave the axis with just one fighter... So I'll go add the line about non-historical planeset for now.

Thank you Panzzer. The what if would suit me fine. Like I said I understand why the 61 is there. Didn't mean to come off sounding like an arse.
I've always thought that the MOTDs, when pertaining to "historical" setups could not only explain the planeset, but even convey a little history to the novice or beginner, much like you have done with your descriptions of June 2 and June 6 1942.
:aok

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »
Originally posted by Soulyss
38G's?  
IMHO the historical setup has to just be a base.  With the planeset gaps there have to be considerations for gameplay,  I think the ki-61 is a great addition in this capacity.  It will be vastly more competitive than the A6M2, against the 38's, and P40E.  

Don't think you will find a great difference in the 38Es that were in the Aleutians in 42 and the G model here, although I would have to doublecheck.
But I agree, the historical setup can only be a base line especially if you want to keep players. Sure there are some setups that could come pretty darn close historically but it in most cases people would not fly them for obvious reasons.

I am curious though on what the consensus is concerning the most important IJ plane missing is? Personally, I would like to see the Ki-45 or some Ki43 variants.

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
OK, I don't care who started it.  Stop it.  Now.

All of us enjoy the AvA as it is meant to be.  It is exactly this kind of "he was mean to me" talk that was at the root of the departure of too many people from our arena.

If you gentlemen want the AvA to be more than a ghost town - and it is starting to show some signs of life now, happily - will you please shut your traps and behave?

Thank you.

- oldman

I agree too many good people have departed, but I'm not convinced that all that need to have yet.

I'll gladly keep my mouth shut and you would never hear a peep out of me if some of these twits would learn to keep their crap to themselves.  If some these idiots CHOSE to start talking BS about me or 880, like TK and allmetal have done I'm throwing it right back at them.  With the big hope the idiots leave and don't come back.  Then maybe the AvA will continue to grow.

I am quite certain of the problem and there may be multiple paths to the solution, but I have chosen mine.  These little bastards drove us out but were back to fly the way we want and we'll use their scummy tactics to drive them out this time if needed.

I do apologize to all others, especially to the good crew of guys that are on JG54.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 12:06:58 PM »
Wow bug when did I talk BS. I think you need to chill out a bit. Jg54 helped build the CT and is/was one of the main squads who kept it alive, when we did leave for a few weeks back in the day NOONE came to the CT. I think calling us idiots and bastards is going to far and thats when keeps the CT down in numbers. I go into the CT to find a quick fun fight nd it was fun last night but when there are only 3-4 people in there and everyone is fighting down low sept one of you 880th buddies who is climbing to 25k from 2 sectors back its no fun to fly around 5-10mins waiting for him to get his alt. Its no fun to watch him run to the ack after he looses the alt and gets hit a few times. Everything Im saying isnt BS or trash talking its the truth. If I wanted to get in 20k fights and get ack draged then I could goto the MA and it shouldnt happen in the CT.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 12:38:39 PM »
As a side note, with thanks to Skuzzy, the in-game terrain download now works as it should.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »
I like JG54, it's just you and allmetal I don't.  You're stains of the CT's past and need to be mopped away.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 12:54:28 PM »
I like JG54, it's just you and allmetal I don't.  You're stains of the CT's past and need to be mopped away.

Look whos talking. All you do is talk trash and can't back it up when you fly. In the little time Iv been back every 880th Iv seen starts fighting at highalt then runs when they loose it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:05:53 PM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 01:01:59 PM »
Originally posted by Skyfoxx
I am curious though on what the consensus is concerning the most important IJ plane missing is? Personally, I would like to see the Ki-45 or some Ki43 variants.

I'm just going to be greedy and ask for:

Ki-43- multiple variants
Ki-44-multiple variants
Ki-45- was there mutiple variants?
G-4M
A6M-3
A6M-7
JM-2

I know this doesnt really answer you question but I think we would need all of them. I dont see just one of them being the answer.