Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 733 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 01:29:36 PM »
A press pass does not remove them from responsibility to clear the immendiate area. By immediate area I mean directly in front of the Police line. When the order to disperse is read after the gathering has been declared to be unlawful all folks are supposed to disperse. The press is generally allowed to move to the side and continue filming / reporting. If they do not move they have crossed the line. Once they try to stop the advance of the line dispersing the crown they also become unlawful.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see riot gear, tear gas masks being donned. That's a real good clue to move away from immediately down range.

No matter what, the protest agitators got what they wanted, a confrontation. It's another damned if you do or don't situation.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Here we go again
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 02:12:32 PM »
Some of you are making way to much sense. The BBS ACLU folks will be here to set you straight as soon as they get thier protests done someplace , their dope smoked , and their flowers painted.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 04:10:48 PM »
Knowing that the MSM will cherry pick all the film for the most extream and vivid examples of police brutality, that was a very tame film clip. Batons were used on extremities to reduce fatalities due to head trauma. The camera man was moved more than kicked by the policemans thigh and body mass motion. The camera man made a calculated move to stay put looking for a beating and the industry status he would gain. The female reporterett had been ordered to disperse before she was man handeled along.

None of the segments showed the seconds before the police response in each situation. This film cluge was to make the LAPD look like a bunch of jack booted storm troopers who get their jollies beating poor defenceless reporters and ilegals. Maybe all of the rank and file LAPD should just walk out one day and not come back. Let the ilegals take over LA. Or hasent that already happened, and the LAPD has been slow on who the new regeim is?

Now Cossacks on horses with drawn saber.......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Here we go again
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 04:59:45 PM »
No human is ILLEGAL!!

: )

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Here we go again
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »
You know, INCITING TO RIOT used to be a felony offense. But I'm thinking that's what the illegals wanted-they were issuing a public dare. Don't think that the Angelino's are stupid. most of them remember the Rodney King riots back in '92. Do you guys remember what happened then? The news showed footage of the LAPD forted up in they're precincts, effectively abandoning the city. You guys' know why?

Because King getting beat down while he was borderline overdosing on PCP is common in LA. A good excuse to scare off the PD and the storeowners, and take everything you can get your hands on, is rare.That's where the 'million man marches' come in. The threat of riot is always behind the scenes, and is firmly embedded in City Hall's thinking. I'd bet you that most of the people in those crowds, had already staked out which electronics store they were gonna raid to get themselves a big-screen plasma TV that they could'nt afford, because high rents, welfare, and drug habits would'nt let them afford. They're just waiting for the next chance to get everyone out in the street, so they can make a proper race riot out of it.

I know a lot of you guys live back east and up north. Some of you see 2 or 3 mexican families move into a particular area, and it seems like it's bad. You live in the southern U.S., from California to Louisiana, and you really see how many illegals there are. If the areas they mostly occupy were to succede from the union, however, they'd make LA they're capital. That's why crap like this always starts there.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 05:20:21 PM by FrodeMk3 »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 09:02:30 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
I never understood how an illegal could protest anything without fear of being arrested and deport.
I understand "protests" this year were way less than half what they were last year. Understandabe considering that political card was played for the dems then for the nov 06 elections and as usual, their cause there was then forgetten once its agenda was complete.

Our government has made it very clear that it has no intention of enforcing our laws and thereby has unofficially declared it is no longer representative of it's citizens. Clearly the beginning of the end.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 09:27:32 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Our government has made it very clear that it has no intention of enforcing our laws and thereby has unofficially declared it is no longer representative of it's citizens. Clearly the beginning of the end.

Well said Iron.  I guess the question now, Is how long the citizens are going to put up with this?  Frankly I think our government is a complete waste as a whole and we need a major change.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Here we go again
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 11:11:14 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Well that's what happens when you try and interfere with the police doing their job. That cameraman was in the way and he wasn't going to move, so the police moved him. The 1st Ammendment doesn't give the press the right to interfere in police matters and that's what they were doing and they got bit on the bellybutton for it. It's about time too.

But why no arrests?  Over 200+ less than lethal rounds were fired and yet not one arrest?  

It was known that a small group of idiotic Chicano radicals was going to go there with the intent of causing trouble, they've been saying they'd do it for the last couple of weeks.  And they carried out their promise as they were the ones that started to throw soda cans, sticks and later rocks and bottles at the police.   Why weren't they arrested?

There is no denying it, the video does show the LAPD taking a rather heavy hand, roughing up food and souvineer vendors that were there.  An elderly lady had a bruise on her side where she got hit by a bean bag round and those reporters from Telemundo were just wrapping up a live report when the police just mowed them over.  It was a complete over reaction by the LAPD.

It definitely wasn't one of LAPD's best moments.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Helrazr1

• Copper Member
Here we go again
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 09:24:15 AM »
If the police truly overstepped their bounds, then why is it that there were more officers hurt than civilians?  Seems to me that if police were out of line, it would have been the opposite.

What gets me is the ILLEGAL screaming that "this is a public park, we have a RIGHT to be here".  Last time I checked, people who weren't citizens weren't afforded the rights of those who are legal citizens of this country.

I for one have no problem with people who want to come to this country for a better life, but they need to do it the right way.  Go through the nationalization program, and become a citizen.  And for God sake, GET A JOB AND LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!  I shouldn't have to support you and your family because you're to lazy to work.  Similarly, I shouldn't have to learn how to speak spanish in order to go get a pack of smokes at a gas station in LA, or Miami.

I'm sick and tired of immigrants coming to this country and thinking that we need to adapt to their way of life so that they can more easily fit in.  If I were to decide to move to say, Japan, would I have to right to leech off of their economy, and demand that they make me a citizen, no questions asked?  Would I be able to demand that they all learn English so that I can communicate with them?  Would I also be able to go tell them that since I am a Christian, they must no longer have any remnants of whatever religion they were founded upon in their government anymore, since that's not what I believe?  NO!  I'm pretty sure that they would tell me to go **** myself.  I would expect that.

But we are more than willing to change our whole way of life so that these people can come here and mooch off of us, and demand that we change almost everything about our country to suit them.  Then they stage marches to protest US!  THe very people who are supporting them.  

I have  a solution.  All of these illegals who don't like the way things are done here should go become legal citizens, then vote in the people who are aligned with their beliefs.  ON AN ENGLISH BALLOT!  There should obviously be no ballots in Spanish.

To summarize everything I've said into a short sentence, if you don't like the way things are here, go back to where you came from.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 09:26:59 AM »
I saw the footage of the Telemundo crew being overrun. In that case it looked like it was the crowd and not the officers. There is other footage of a cameraman being thrown to the ground, his camera tossed about 15 feet away and then a cop kicks him while he is down. No justification for that at all.

Offline Sting138

• Copper Member
Here we go again
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »
Are we "SLOW LEARNERS" or what?

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I couldn't agree more!!!

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 12:28:17 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I saw the footage of the Telemundo crew being overrun. In that case it looked like it was the crowd and not the officers. There is other footage of a cameraman being thrown to the ground, his camera tossed about 15 feet away and then a cop kicks him while he is down. No justification for that at all.

I totally agree MT.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 12:29:52 PM »
Originally posted by Helrazr1
What gets me is the ILLEGAL screaming that "this is a public park, we have a RIGHT to be here".  Last time I checked, people who weren't citizens weren't afforded the rights of those who are legal citizens of this country.

I for one have no problem with people who want to come to this country for a better life, but they need to do it the right way.  Go through the nationalization program, and become a citizen.  And for God sake, GET A JOB AND LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!  I shouldn't have to support you and your family because you're to lazy to work.  Similarly, I shouldn't have to learn how to speak spanish in order to go get a pack of smokes at a gas station in LA, or Miami.

I'm sick and tired of immigrants coming to this country and thinking that we need to adapt to their way of life so that they can more easily fit in.  If I were to decide to move to say, Japan, would I have to right to leech off of their economy, and demand that they make me a citizen, no questions asked?  Would I be able to demand that they all learn English so that I can communicate with them?  Would I also be able to go tell them that since I am a Christian, they must no longer have any remnants of whatever religion they were founded upon in their government anymore, since that's not what I believe?  NO!  I'm pretty sure that they would tell me to go **** myself.  I would expect that.

But we are more than willing to change our whole way of life so that these people can come here and mooch off of us, and demand that we change almost everything about our country to suit them.  Then they stage marches to protest US!  THe very people who are supporting them.  

I have  a solution.  All of these illegals who don't like the way things are done here should go become legal citizens, then vote in the people who are aligned with their beliefs.  ON AN ENGLISH BALLOT!  There should obviously be no ballots in Spanish.

To summarize everything I've said into a short sentence, if you don't like the way things are here, go back to where you came from.

Good points Hellrazr.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Here we go again
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 01:22:06 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

The "justification " is that the poor camera man chose  ignore a lawful order to disburse... had he left he wouldn't have been in the officers way. From there those LAPD officers did exactly as they were trained... unless you have a better idea on crowd control that looks pretty on TV?

How would you have moved that guy out of the way? Id like to hear it.

What would you rather see?, cops armed with Nerf batons and flowers? who allow people to ignore lawful orders because they're holding a camera?

Or does holding a camera and or working for a media outlet make someone immune from lawful orders?

Offline Helrazr1

• Copper Member
Here we go again
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 03:42:23 AM »
Originally posted by Sting138
Are we "SLOW LEARNERS" or what?

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I couldn't agree more!!!

GREAT POST!!!!

That pretty much sums it all up.

'Ol Teddy Roosevelt came way befor his time.