Author Topic: Squeaker season opener  (Read 5724 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2007, 09:38:15 PM »
For your viewing pleasure.   I was winging with The Flying Circus in Bishland and happened across this gem.   Hajo was the recipient of whines as well.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2007, 11:07:14 AM »
Last night I was defending a VB.  I was in a P-47-D25 and there was another Bish there.  

As I dove in from alt a Goon had just dropped troops and there were a few friendly GV's on the field.  My countryman in the other plane (don't remember who it was) calls out on range... "you have more bullets, you take the troops, I'll get the goon".  

I zoomed by with a ton of E, saw my countryman lining up the goon, spotted an A-20, took off his wing and climbed out as he was flutterting to the ground.  Pretty soon... assist!  I call out on range "Now how did I take that A20's wing off and only get an assist?"  My countryman calls back (all proud and everything), "I put a 30mm in him and took off his tail".

I bit my tounge and flew off.

It's going to be long summer gents.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2007, 11:11:31 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
Last night I was defending a VB.  I was in a P-47-D25 and there was another Bish there.  

As I dove in from alt a Goon had just dropped troops and there were a few friendly GV's on the field.  My countryman in the other plane (don't remember who it was) calls out on range... "you have more bullets, you take the troops, I'll get the goon".  

I zoomed by with a ton of E, saw my countryman lining up the goon, spotted an A-20, took off his wing and climbed out as he was flutterting to the ground.  Pretty soon... assist!  I call out on range "Now how did I take that A20's wing off and only get an assist?"  My countryman calls back (all proud and everything), "I put a 30mm in him and took off his tail".

I bit my tounge and flew off.

It's going to be long summer gents.

I know how you feel. Has happened alot recently. A few weeks ago i could set a plane on fire and leave it.... now you have to waste bullets totally dismanteling the enemy or some ******** will come in and get the easy kill. He will prolly be flying a spit16 or lala

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2007, 11:19:42 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
A few weeks ago i could set a plane on fire and leave it.... now you have to waste bullets totally dismanteling the enemy or some ******** will come in and get the easy kill.
I (almost) re-learned a lesson the hard way last night -- those flaming planes can still kill you.

I set a 152 (I think it was) on fire, then turned to take on his buddies.  A couple turns, and tracers come flying past -- I look up, burning plane diving on me.  Luckily for me, he missed.

Point being, since fire does nothing but indicate an eventual death, that guy is still a danger, and someone knocking him off is not necessarily an attempt to steal a kill, but may be simply eliminating the still looming threat.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2007, 11:21:59 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
I (almost) re-learned a lesson the hard way last night -- those flaming planes can still kill you.

I set a 152 (I think it was) on fire, then turned to take on his buddies.  A couple turns, and tracers come flying past -- I look up, burning plane diving on me.  Luckily for me, he missed.

Point being, since fire does nothing but indicate an eventual death, that guy is still a danger, and someone knocking him off is not necessarily an attempt to steal a kill, but may be simply eliminating the still looming threat.

True.. i did mean bombers tho, but forgot to mention it :)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »
Then, good point.  :aok
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2007, 11:30:18 AM »

Well.. depends on circumstances. When burning buffs are closing in on CV or a hard-fought Vfield with only 1 VH still, up, I will continue to pump bullets into them.

What me upsets even more is all the fighters strafing Shermans & Tigers with inappropriate guns. The poor slob on the ground who finally slugs it out with the Tiger just gets the assist, while that fancy Pony driver really believes he did blow it up with his puny .50cal, because he got the credit for it.

Heck, in the last weeks I have seen many instance upping La's, Yaks and the like to battle incoming heavy tanks... :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »
lol
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Be afraid...very afraid...
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »
What pisses me the fk off is when i FIGHT for a kill against an La-7, or a spixteen, or chase a typhoon and burn all his E off, and blow his tail off only to see some ***** N1K or Pony D come zooming in and shoot him just as he spirals into the ground. I HAVE changed countries to go hunt the SOB that did that. Ill admit, ive shot at a tail-less plane, but it was because I genuinely didnt see his lack of horizontal stabilizer yet. As soon as I see it, I immidiately apologise over range, and declare my intentions, so there is no confusion. But these kill-theifs are pegging planes that are missing wings, emponages, EVERYTHING, in OBVIOUS ways, and they have the nerve to say over range "Yes! Got your kill!" or "Ha! Got him!" Turn kill-shooter on please.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2007, 04:53:38 PM »
I've only stolen one kill to my knowledge and it was with good reason.

Some guy lights a zeke on fire, but said zeke turns to a squadie and starts to shoot at him. So I have to take him out of his mercy. With the guy that set the zeke on fire yelling and throwing a fit on range.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2007, 05:11:27 PM »
Originally posted by Serenity
Turn kill-shooter on please.

That's not ever happening.  All the griefers on the net would flock to AHII for free two weeks accounts and sit on the fields popping everyone who tried to lift.  Or they'd cherry pick their own side's players prior to trying to kill the enemy plane that was in front of him.  It would be a lawless free for all.

Could you imagine the carnage of the 8 on 1 conga line with everyone shooting at the lead plane?

I think this is in part an indirect result of 4 War arenas with population caps.  It has divided some of the organized squads for one reason or another.  Less organized play than what was even seen under the old MA.  

No simple solution.  Avoid furballs and vulches, as they attract kill-stealers probably the best way to avoid this situation.  With various shades and milkrunners in game, that score doesn't mean very much.  If name in lights is important, you'll need to work harder at it.... multiple sorties per plane, prowl the ant-line approaches to a fight or edges of a furball, wing up with a few others for effective fighter sweeps, follow your kill down (maybe the kill stealer will killshoot himself).

You can vent over Country, Local, or Channel 200, within reason.  Certain kill stealers will gain a bad rep for themselves in time.  Note which ones are a problem and leave an area you find them in, or switch sides and hunt them down (maybe bring friends along?).  

Find something other than getting mad or upset.  If you are playing a game and it is making you upset, it is time to walk away from it for a while.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Squeaker season opener
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2007, 07:42:46 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo

i re teh rulle  !!!!!!!!!!!! sqeak

OMG...i remember that episode well... :rofl