Author Topic: First Plane  (Read 571 times)

Offline duddini

• Zinc Member
First Plane
« on: May 04, 2007, 07:38:27 AM »
Hi all, I just wanted to make a brief comment on picking a plane to learn in. After reading all I could on picking a plane (soda's and hammer's stuff on netaces.org  mainly), I chose a N1K2-J. I've run into a problem though. It seems more often than not, when I have the time to log into the LW MA, planes with an ENY of the Nikki are not allowed, usually only planes with an ENY of greater than 9 or 10 can be flown. This kinda negates the practice I've been doing off line and in the TA. I've tried the Yak, but trying to remember to turn RIGHT with this plane  during evasive turns (all I seem to do is evade :) ) goofs me up, so I'm trying to learn the zero (A6M5b). Hate the guns though :(
  Anyway, just something to think about for the other rookies like me picking a plane to learn in.

Offline LancerVT

• Copper Member
First Plane
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:03:09 AM »
If the ENY is too high to fly the plane you want to fly, you could always switch countries or try the other LWA.
SAPP

JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
First Plane
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 08:40:31 AM »
Or you can fly a P-38 then you will never have an issue with ENY. Just a thought.

-Sp0t

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
First Plane
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 09:15:57 AM »
You might also choose a "family" of planes from which to learn (Spits, 109's. etc.) that range the spectrum of ENY.  While there will be differences in charachteristics, performance, etc. there will also be enough similarities that you're not throwing eveything you've learned about your plane away and starting over with something else.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
First Plane
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 02:35:19 AM »
I was also going to suggest the P38. Once you get used to it you really won't want to fly anything else.
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
First Plane
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 11:53:51 AM »
I recommend picking the ship you like because you like it, not because of how it flies.  Pick it because it looks good, or you just saw it at an air show, or because your grandfather flew it in the war.  It's best if you fly an airplane because you love it and not because it's super in the game.

That said, if you don't really care about any of the airplanes, I recommend the F6F Hellcat as the ultimate learning fighter.  It's not too hard, and not too easy.

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
First Plane
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 11:57:02 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
You might also choose a "family" of planes from which to learn (Spits, 109's. etc.) that range the spectrum of ENY.  While there will be differences in charachteristics, performance, etc. there will also be enough similarities that you're not throwing eveything you've learned about your plane away and starting over with something else.
Good advice. The Spit9 handles much like the Spit8. A little less power, a little less fuel (100% in Spit9 = 75% in spit8) but otherwise very similar. The spits require little, if any, flaps or trim use so make learning the basics that much easier.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline EsX_Raptor

• Copper Member
First Plane
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 02:54:35 PM »
I suggest you use the Spitfire Mk VIII, I'm serious :aok

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
First Plane
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 03:37:48 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl

Aye, that is what I do.

I fly 109s mostly. K-4 or G-14 when ENY isn't through the roof, G-6 when it is.

As far as I'm concerned the G-6 is uber too, so ENY doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
First Plane
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 11:41:39 AM »
The G-6 is the one I fly when I do fly Me-109, and I wouldn't call it super.  It's the worst Me-109, except for the Emil.  It is good enough, however, that I would recommend it as an airplane to learn on.