Author Topic: **POLL** Do you want new maps?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
**POLL** Do you want new maps?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 06:24:47 AM »
Sure it reduces the workload for the guys at HTC, but to leave it totally in the hands of your subscribers I think is wrong, especially something as important as maps. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree Kev.. also why should a paying cust have to be the one to build the maps.  :rolleyes:  It must take a real long time for some one to build a map. Who has time for that?. I`m sure we all have jobs, school, Family life, game time,etc.:O
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 07:13:26 AM »
No need for new maps, just get all the old back in rotation.

Pizza anyone?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 07:29:35 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
I keep finding fights no matter what the map.  

I..er...I imagine that the people who get bored with the maps are the war winners.  Other than the distance between fields, maps don't make much difference if air combat is the goal.  How many different maps did we ever have in AW?

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 07:45:35 AM »
it amazes me the stuborness of some people! It really doesn't matter how you rephase a question, or make different posts, I think everyone gets it !

I'm sure everyone can agree we need new maps. Right now all of HTC resourses, as limited as they are, are being put into "Tour of Duty/ Combat Tour". The reason, HT thinks this is a great addition to an already great game. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but seeing as its his company, him may know a bit more than us as to which way to go.

The old "big" maps most likely won't come back. Even with the numbers being unlimited in the old "single" LW arena setup there was a big problem with milk running. sure some of the maps had some great pinch points, but for the most part it was milk run city.

as for "DEMANDING" anything, AAolds, you might as well cancel your subscription now. Nothing makes HTC dig in harder than some "dweeb" demanding he do something. Your $15 allows you to use HTC servers to hook up with the "virtual world" the HTC owns. You don't like it, leave. You can suggest away all you like, but the final answer will always come from HT, get use to it, its his world.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 08:26:52 AM »
Originally posted by Blooz
Polls don't make things happen.

Want a new map?

Get off your butt and make one.

dud we PAY for this game,why should we HAVE to make it fun

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 08:41:08 AM »
Originally posted by Wax
I`m sure we all have jobs, school, Family life

What are these things you speak of?

:D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 10:40:47 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
it amazes me the stuborness of some people! It really doesn't matter how you rephase a question, or make different posts, I think everyone gets it !

I'm sure everyone can agree we need new maps. Right now all of HTC resourses, as limited as they are, are being put into "Tour of Duty/ Combat Tour". The reason, HT thinks this is a great addition to an already great game. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but seeing as its his company, him may know a bit more than us as to which way to go.

The old "big" maps most likely won't come back. Even with the numbers being unlimited in the old "single" LW arena setup there was a big problem with milk running. sure some of the maps had some great pinch points, but for the most part it was milk run city.

as for "DEMANDING" anything, AAolds, you might as well cancel your subscription now. Nothing makes HTC dig in harder than some "dweeb" demanding he do something. Your $15 allows you to use HTC servers to hook up with the "virtual world" the HTC owns. You don't like it, leave. You can suggest away all you like, but the final answer will always come from HT, get use to it, its his world.

the tour of duty story gets tiring even tho its true.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 12:47:11 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz
Polls don't make things happen.

Want a new map?

Get off your butt and make one.

How many of the maps altogether are player-made maps, and how many came from HTC?

How many player made maps have been submitted to HTC by players altogether?  (just to get a ratio of how many of total make it through the vetting process).

Anyone actually know these numbers?  I'd be interested.

Offline Flash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »
yes more maps

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 12:53:04 PM »
I agree we need more maps.

But on a side note; why does everything turn into a argument & bash fest on these boards? Differing opinions are what make the world go round, state your position & move along.:aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 12:56:48 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie

YOU don't have to make it fun, but I like it that HTC has given us, the subscribers, the option to help out and build maps.

To me it doesn't really matter what map we have going, but I wouldn't mind seeing some new maps, just to see what kind of challanges someone could come up with. But unlike others I'm not going to complain about not having new maps everytime we turn around. Had I made half a dozen maps and submitted them, then I think I might have reason to complain, but I don't have the time to put into building one let alone half a dozen.

So I will wait patiently for new maps while flying and having fun on the old ones. At this point thats the only way I can make it fun for me. :aok

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 01:23:48 PM »
I wonder what would happen if I had a poll about making AH free?

In case some of you do not get the post, the free poll has about as much relevance to any of the questions as this poll does.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 01:36:55 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
I keep finding fights no matter what the map.  And to be honest I don't even pay attention to what map it is.  I look for the largest red dar bar and lo and behold, a fight!

It's just not that complicated :)
BINGO! The game is about fighting, or at least was. Who cares where it's at.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
That's about the dumbest comment I've ever heard but ok. I'm not sure I understand what exactly you're saying? Why should you make the game fun? Well if you want to be POed about everything and whine then go ahead. Personnally if it reached that point for me I'd quit. Why come to a game only to cry about it? Just play it and have fun. If you're not having fun because heaven forbid, it's the same old map,:O then the problem is you.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »
We had the same map for years in Air Warrior, no one really complained.  I'm not sure about Warbirds, having never flown it, but I'd guess it was much the same there.

A new map loses it's freshness after maybe 1 tour on it, and what does the map really matter for anyway?  As long as it sets up the conditions for conflict and player interaction, I'm happy with it.

My own view is all of the complaining about new maps is beacuse today's player doesn't much care for the fight, but just for the conquest of chessland territory.  Being "stuck" on a map has to be frustrating for said individual, because there must not be any sense of accomplishment always seeming to auger continually for the same piece of real estate.

I'd like to see new maps as well, especially the the ones Fester has in the works, but having new places to fly over, bomb, horde and capture is not what makes this game.  It's the fight, and as long as the map provides one for the many friends I have made over years and myself, I'm happy.