Author Topic: X52 profile problems w/Vista  (Read 400 times)

Offline JB17

• Zinc Member
X52 profile problems w/Vista
« on: May 07, 2007, 02:22:20 AM »
I can't get the profiler to execute in Vista and can't pull stick profile into the game.  I downloaded and ran the Saitek vista driver below but it errors on execution.

Obviously with the new computer I have reloaded the game from scratch.  I copied my previous profiles into the "sticks" directory.

I did hook up my old drive as an extenal and tried to run the profile software from there but nothing would execute.

Saitek x52 Flight Controller 300107_32

HP a6030n
AMD Athlon Dual Core x2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.5 GHz
1918 MB RAM
32 bit operating system

I am not hugely proficient.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 06:25:07 AM »
Not a lot you can do but contact Saitek and wait.  It could be a permission issue in Vizta.  Have you tried right-clicking the profiler and settting it to "Run as Admin"?  

Personally I have not found this to ever work, but MS claims it does when there are permission problems involved.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JB17

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 09:09:03 PM »
I've written Saitek.  

My profilier SST software doesn't load.  My stick works with default settings, I just can't change the profile

Offline JB17

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:07:31 PM »
From the siatek website

"Saitek Smart Technology (SST) programming software has also been rewritten to run on PCs with the Vista operating system and we are currently beta testing for imminent release (watch the website for regular updates). Customers who have created their own custom profiles for games in Windows 2000, XP or XP64 will be able to easily convert these to run on Vista and the new SST software by downloading conversion software from http://www.saitek.com. "

Offline JB17

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 09:40:30 PM »
Found a beta of the SST programming software on the website.  However, my old profile will not load.  I think it took me 3 days to program from scratch last time I created a profile.

Here is the link to the beta driver.
http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=11552

I'll update again when if/when it works.

Offline JB17

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 07:57:48 PM »
OK, the joystick works.

Now I have a new problem,  Since I updated the beta and created my new profile I've got the dreaded spinning clip board!  Didn't have it before.

:confused: :huh :cry :furious

Offline Army700

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 10:03:19 PM »
Did you download and install the AMD Dual Core patches. Granted you have AMD Dual Core

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 06:06:51 AM »
If you have a dual-core AMD CPU, unless they have recently released a patch for Vista, you will have to set  Aces High II to run in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode (right click on startup ICON, select "Properties", select the "Compatibility" tab and check the option.

If the problem started after the Saitek software was loaded, then Saitek is replacing a driver they should not be replacing.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 06:08:56 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com