Author Topic: AH wont launch  (Read 370 times)

Offline chancevought

• Copper Member
AH wont launch
« on: April 22, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »
Sorry to bother y'all, but i searched and didnt find a thread replicating this.

I play frequently and played today,   shut down AHII and went afk.  When I came back to play AH wont launch.  The screen enlarges and turns black like it always does bfor P-51 and clipboard show up, but then it immediately shrinks and i get the MS box explaining it had to shut down.  I have even removed AHII and downloaded it again, but still have same issue.   Everything else is fine w/ no prob's, so what might cause this sudden stop?  

Thanks for your time!!

EDIT...DOH..ok i find a thread exactly like this after i post this!! But I dont know how to save my dxdiag, and I know what u'll say anyway.  My comp has too small a video card, its a laptop, etc.   Finding a new driver for this card has been a nightmare, ATI acts like it never existed.  

I'm curious what would make it do this so suddenly.  Anything I might be able to find or correct?  

Thanx again
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:39:53 PM by chancevought »

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
AH wont launch
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:27:48 PM »
I'm just guessing, but because your PC has demonstrated it can run AH I would look to see if it needed cleaning up a little so it runs as best it can. Maybe it has reached the point where it can't cope anymore.

In addition, it may be worth trying something like FSautostart to shut down other loads on your resources.

For Dxdiag You click the "save all information" after running it to save as a text file, then copy and paste the top third into your forum post

Offline chancevought

• Copper Member
AH wont launch
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 03:25:49 PM »
thank you, i will give it a shot.  I been on the net and usin a PC only a year and am slowly learnin each process, thanx!

Offline chancevought

• Copper Member
FSAutoStart
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 12:38:20 PM »
Downloaded FSautostart and tried stopping some of the programs.  If they didnt have a comment, i stopped em.  Well when i started autostart, got the blue screen, so figured i stopped sumthin i shouldnt have.  

How do i know what to stop and what not to?  I look up the names on the internet, but it says on some of them that it is a required program.  But then in the next paragraph it says it may be a trojan or virus.  I dont speak computerese, so how can i figure this stuff out??

Is there a list somewhere of what the basic stuff required to run AHII is?  I dont want to run anything else, jus the minimums.  Thanx!

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
AH wont launch
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 01:06:07 PM »
dxdiag , just clic on save and its saves it in a notepad file on your desktop.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Re: FSAutoStart
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 05:02:30 PM »
Originally posted by chancevought
Downloaded FSautostart and tried stopping some of the programs.  If they didnt have a comment, i stopped em.  Well when i started autostart, got the blue screen, so figured i stopped sumthin i shouldnt have.  

How do i know what to stop and what not to?

Is there a list somewhere of what the basic stuff required to run AHII is?  I dont want to run anything else, jus the minimums.  Thanx!
I am no computer expert so I usually play safe using FSautostart. I only stop about four or five programs in the program section, you may not need to do any. In the services section are what I think are the current resources being used. There are loads of these that I apply "stop and restart" to, and I follow the advice FSautostart gives on these. I would suggest you start by setting up a profile for aces high that just stops and restarts some of the "services". and see if you can get it going. If you are going to try something you are really unsure about just make the one change and try it. If it seems to create a problem, you simply allow that one to run by changing it back!

Whilst you are trying to run just the basic stuff for AH, there are going to other things that have to run because of how your PC has been built and set up. I think it would be difficult for anyone to list the bare essentials as these could be different for each PC.

If you cannot get AH to run again then you may have to wait until you can get a better PC. In the meantime, posting your top third of the dxdiag file will help the expects that do read the forums identify if your PC still has a chance!